Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Mod Notice: Temp Ban if Post on Changing the Name. Per New York Times: Dan Syder Agrees to Sell Washingon Commaders for $6B

Reaper Skins

There are so many aspects of Dan's incompetence but one I often forget about was learning free agents and their agents not wanting to deal with our ****hole owner and GMs and refusing to sign here. Players like Trent and Cousins leaving. I feel compelled to go make a purchase.

Its going to be almost awkward having class act ownership. A foreign concept for those of us with fandom PTSD attacking fellow fans here easily triggered and jaded - it became so unhealthy to try to stay a fan that many bailed to stay sane. No arguments today!  I may need to dig up a final chronological list of Snyder's house of horrors.

Harris Ein Rales Blitzer & Johnson Esq.

Edited by RandyHolt
  • Like 3

(God really likes me!) Let it ride, Harris! We need to have our pass time back. Build this Team the right way.  Somebody needs to start a jump on the band wagon thread, kind of like the Tony K. thread for one of our Superbowls. We need to put the band back together. Cheerleaders !  Parade! 

• Like 2

"We look forward to the formal approval of our ownership by the NFL in the months ahead and to having the honor to serve as responsible and accountable stewards of the Commanders franchise moving forward,” Harris said in a statement."

From the Post article, bolded for emphasis. We're going to have a team where it will not be known more for its horrific owner than it's accomplishments on the field.

• Like 5

I now don’t want to hear of, speak of, or even think about Farquaad ever again. Like never. But now, what will we even have to talk about anymore? Oh yeah, the winning, new stadium, new coaches, new new atmosphere, and new ‘er…other things,😉 yeah that’s it.

Edited by The Sisko
  • Like 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 5

12 hours ago, SonnySideUp said:

I wouldn't shut him out completely. I think it would be highly appropriate to name and dedicate the restrooms in the new stadium in his memory. Each one, both ladies and gents called "Dan Snyder Memorial Restroom".

We could just put "Dan" and "Tanya" signs and people will figure out which bathroom to use.

• Haha 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3

Listening to Keim's new podcast.  He's let on a few times that he's been in close communication with the Harris team.

He doubled down that its a really impressive-professional group that he's been dealing with.  He doubled down that Dan didn't surround himself with good people -- Keim has taken some shots at Bruce in recent articles on that front.

He says he knows this group's top priorty is to set up a top notch organization and he warned that rebranding isn't high on their to do list at the jump.

He said talking to people he knows including ones with nothing at stake with this ownership -- Harris' reputation is excellent.  And I'll add Keim is far from pollyana when it comes to issues like that -- if he hears some dude has a mixed or bad reputation, he shares.  So its a good sign.  

Seems like he believes this won't be voted on in May but it will be discussed, but will happen in the summer

Edit:  none of those topics are set to elicit a conversation on that topic which I know is on hold.  Just sharing what Keim said. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 3

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

He says he knows this group's top priorty is to set up a top notch organization and he warned that rebranding isn't high on their to do list at the jump.

I'm cool with that,  I was never really invested in the rebrand and name issue.  I support the team because it's my "home" team.  The best way to rebrand in my opinion is winning.  If we start winning divisional,  conference championships and super bowls then the brand will speak for itself.  We'll be too busy celebrating to even think about the rebrand. 

• Like 4

53 minutes ago, The Sisko said:

I now don’t want to hear of, speak of, or even think about Farquaad ever again. Like never. But now, what will we even have to talk about anymore? Oh yeah, the winning, new stadium, new coaches, new new atmosphere, and new ‘er…other things,😉 yeah that’s it.

You should probably start by changing your avatar, then lol...

• Haha 5

It's interesting though it makes sense that Harris has his people that Keim has been talking to.   

My guess, is that the business operation is turned over fast here since he has a built in staff.  I am agnostic on Jason Wright.  I prefer him by a mile over Bruce.  But he's made mistakes, too.  I am actually agnostic about any one in this organization for that matter as to whether they survive the purge.  I want Harris to do whatever the heck he wants.  Hire or fire anyone he wants and I'll endorse it.

But my guess digesting different narratives that Wright likely survives in some capacity and it centers on the stadium.  i am fine with that because that's where IMO I've liked what he has said.   I heard many times Rales is likely going to be heavily involved in the stadium quest.  All hands on deck, get that done.

I think Ron survives for now.  Be interesting though if he's stripped of FO control?  I am guessing not yet unless Harris already knows who he wants to run the FO?  I am guessing he figures that out in early 2024 versus now.  But either way am good with.

• Like 3

We will all be left to wonder what caused him to do a complete 180 and sell a team he never wanted to sell. There seems to be growing momentum that the other owners forced him as they had the votes. I'd like to believe that.  The financial situation was always my belief, he had a lot of debt coming due and he was not getting a new stadium.  Others feel family pressure, I know I read once that Tanya had mentioned "putting this whole football thing in the past" (paraphrasing).  It doesn't really matter but I'm really curious,

Now about that Mary Jo White Report you promised you would release Roger. The football world is waiting and watching.  

6 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

We will all be left to wonder what caused him to do a complete 180 and sell a team he never wanted to sell. There seems to be growing momentum that the other owners forced him as they had the votes. I'd like to believe that.  The financial situation was always my belief, he had a lot of debt coming due and he was not getting a new stadium.  Others feel family pressure, I know I read once that Tanya had mentioned "putting this whole football thing in the past" (paraphrasing).  It doesn't really matter but I'm really curious,

Now about that Mary Jo White Report you promised you would release Roger. The football world is waiting and watching.  

Keim seems to think the debt was the main plot line.

But if feels like it was death of a thousand cuts from so many different directions.

The FO thread especially last summer had some heated debates on the topic of whether there would be a breaking point with Dan.  Some thought yes and some were strongly opinionated that there was no breaking point with Dan and we'd just have to live with him for perpetuity.  

If I am guessing based on narratives from those covering this team

A.  Debt

B.  Faliure to get a stadium

Then

C.  Booing of Tanya -- they felt the fan misery

D.  Negativty from other owners

E.  the investigations and constant bad PR.

It felt like it all had to happen to bring down the Death Star but C, D, E might have been the gravy to finish him off. 

• Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, NewCliche21 said:

God, the people who are gonna be coming out of the woodwork now that they're no longer under threat of Snyder's wrath, that's going to be entertaining as hell.

As The World Turns and Days Of Ours Lives! 😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

I want this to come out so Snyder gets set up for civil suits and penalties out the wazoo. I don't just want Snyder gone, I want him ruined...and for his boat to sink too.

• Like 3