Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Mod Notice: Temp Ban if Post on Changing the Name. Per New York Times: Dan Syder Agrees to Sell Washingon Commaders for $6B

Reaper Skins

14 minutes ago, LetThePointsSoar said:

Reading through these comments and all I can think of.... 

.... Is y'all are WAY more optimistic about Bieniemy than I am.  Still don't think he's gonna do much and the WHOLE lot of them are out once Harris and crew have a year under their belt. 

Harris won't clean house but I do think he'll decide on a President of operations and a GM and let them decide how to proceed moving forward. This is how he has handled the Sixers anyway. Think of some of the best available football minds in the front office and Harris we'll look there. That's my prediction, unless Harris is happy with what's in place then I think he'll roll with them til he needs to make a change.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LetThePointsSoar said:

.... Is y'all are WAY more optimistic about Bieniemy than I am.  Still don't think he's gonna do much...

A man decided to walk into a fire. He knew what he was doing. You don't walk into a fire without a plan. This team could use a win (even the water boy/girl). It is not being optimistic. It is about hope. The fans need a win too after 24 years of misery. I am rooting/hoping for a win. 

Edited by zCommander
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, LetThePointsSoar said:

Reading through these comments and all I can think of.... 

.... Is y'all are WAY more optimistic about Bieniemy than I am.  Still don't think he's gonna do much and the WHOLE lot of them are out once Harris and crew have a year under their belt. 

EB's success depends on QB of course.  If Sam sucks and Jacoby can't elevate his game; then EB will fail.  If he can get an offense that produces 25-30 points a game; that will help EB get that head coaching gig.  Maybe he even gets considering here, if the new owner moves on from Ron in 24.

Don't care for the city of Philly, but good job by them of getting the win on the road tonight vs Boston.  It's quite possible, with the team is put together, the 76ers may have a good chance of winning it all

Edited by NoVaSkins21
  • Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, kingdaddy said:

Harris won't clean house but I do think he'll decide on a President of operations and a GM and let them decide how to proceed moving forward. This is how he has handled the Sixers anyway. Think of some of the best available football minds in the front office and Harris we'll look there. That's my prediction, unless Harris is happy with what's in place then I think he'll roll with them til he needs to make a change.

It will be a gradual cleaning house.   President will be the first change.  Jason doesn't last more than a month or two after Harris takes over.  He's definitely going to want his his own guy running the business side.  That guy will be hired first and he will spend the season reviewing the organization and then start making changes in 2024.   After June 1 cuts and signings, there won't be a need for the gm crew.  I think Harris will inform Ron, he will no longer have gm duties and he will just be a coach for his remaining time here.  He will inform Ron that his future beyond 23, will be determined by the new gm Harris will hire.  His performance in 23 will be the biggest factor on whether Ron remains.   The gm crew will be dismissed in July/August.  Harris will probably have an interim guy handling gm duties until the 24 offseason, when we can go get someone from another team.  

Every other change will happen in 24.  

7 hours ago, NoVaSkins21 said:

Don't care for the city of Philly, but good job by them of getting the win on the road tonight vs Boston.  It's quite possible, with the team is put together, the 76ers may have a good chance of winning it all

His latest biggest mistake was to let Butler go. I'm wondering if Harris and his staff will bring the tanking in DC ?

Edited by FrFan

8 hours ago, zCommander said:

A man decided to walk into a fire. He knew what he was doing. You don't walk into a fire without a plan. This team could use a win (even the water boy/girl). It is not being optimistic. It is about hope. The fans need a win too after 24 years of misery. I am rooting/hoping for a win. 

8 hours ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

EB's success depends on QB of course.  If Sam sucks and Jacoby can't elevate his game; then EB will fail.  If he can get an offense that produces 25-30 points a game; that will help EB get that head coaching gig.  Maybe he even gets considering here, if the new owner moves on from Ron in 24.

10 hours ago, kingdaddy said:

Don't get me wrong, I HOPE he has success here. But I still think there's a reason he didn't get offers elsewhere for so long and I fear he's going to get exposed and not be all he's cracked out to be. 

But we'll know soon enough and I'm fine either way because Harris and team will be such a refreshing new era for the team that who cares what happens in the short term. 

18 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

I'm glad he'll be our new owner but I don't think we need to root for his other teams 

I see it right now as a sign he is a guy capable of building teams into something.  I don't care about the Devils or Sixers, but their success gives me a level of hope.  I don't root for them in the way I'd root for the Commandsrs, but internally I still feel like I'm hoping the better they do, the more likely we can do the same with him.  

I could me mistaken, but I think that's as far as most people are getting behind the other teams.

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, FrFan said:

His latest biggest mistake was to let Butler go. I'm wondering if Harris and his staff will bring the tanking in DC ?

The Sixers didn't let Butler go, he turned down a max deal cause he wanted Brett Brown fired and didn't like how Brown catered to Ben Simmons. So, they screwed up by not listening to Butler but they did offer him a max contract. He walked for what has turned out to be all the right reasons. 

Harris is a pretty loyal guy...he really listens to his basketball people so I believe he'll pay for the best football minds he can find and then step out of the way while focusing on the stadium and bringing the fans back. 

2 minutes ago, CommDownMan said:

I see it right now as a sign he is a guy capable of building teams into something.  I don't care about the Devils or Sixers, but their success gives me a level of hope.  I don't root for them in the way I'd root for the Commandsrs, but internally I still feel like I'm hoping the better they do, the more likely we can do the same with him.  

I could me mistaken, but I think that's as far as most people are getting behind the other teams.

As a lifelong 76ers fan I welcome you....

10 hours ago, Conn said:

People are gonna lose their minds when it turns out that Wright (and his NFL league office supporters) has already charmed the pants off Harris lol

I'm pretty sure that if the new owner is paying attention to the old owner, then he shouldn't remove his pants around his employees

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, RVAskins said:

Come on Danny. All this flying around is costing you a pretty penny. I'm sure you could use 6 billion dollars.

He scrape the logo off the plane yet? Need eyes on the ground!

Edited by Chris 44

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2023/05/02/november-sale-announcement-triggered-spike-in-suite-sales-for-commanders/

November sale announcement triggered spike in suite sales for Commanders

It’s a given that a sale of the Commanders will be good for business, given the general attitudes toward current owner Daniel Snyder. In fact, the mere talk of a sale has gotten the cash register ca-chinging.

Appearing on CNBC’s Last Call (via Sports Business Journal), Commanders president Jason Wright explained that a change in ownership will spark a shift in revenue generation.

“This is an historic franchise with a 90-year history of people that love this team and we’ve already seen some of that business momentum come back,” Wright said. He added that, once the “sale process was announced last November, we sold what we would normally sell in a full season in annual suites, we made that in a week.”

It’s not a surprise. Lapsed fans of the team look forward to re-embracing the Commanders.

“There’s anticipation of this franchise returning to what it once was and people are willing to jump back into business with us, whether that’s sponsors, suite holders and others, and we’ve now built an organization that can absorb that momentum,” Wright said.

Once a sale happens, the bigger play will be finding a new stadium. Wright said that “one of the great opportunities we have with whoever’s leading the organization in a few months here is the opportunity to lead a 30-year economic development project and that’s really the way we see it.”

For Wright, there’s a question of whether he’ll still be the president of the team as those moves are made. New ownership might want to make a clean break from all ties to Snyder. The momentum the organization has built during the past few months, after Snyder basically checked out, could persuade the new owner to let things continue to play out.

There's Mr. Bojangles, on cue, making those media rounds and putting himself out there. He's pushing hard as hell behind the scenes to get some Hard Knocks. Maybe he knows something we don't. I would imagine Harris knows mgmt acumen for sports franchises when he sees it, and I doubt he sees it in Mr. Bojangles. He's had interest in this team for a while, and has watched all aspects of team operations closely, from mgmt to coaching. He has seen what we've seen.