Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump on Trial (Trump indicted for a fourth time in Georgia. Expands his record of most indictments by a former president)

Cooked Crack

Will Trump be convicted in any of his cases?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Will Trump be convicted in any of his cases?

• Yes. He's going 4 for 4. (including Georgia)
    • He's going to lose 3
    • Two for sure
    • He's only going to get convicted in one
    • No. He's going to skate

This poll is closed to new votes

1 minute ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

Is that really "breaking" news? lol...

Nope. If anything from this morning. Cohen has admitted to being a piece of ****, doing the bidding of a bigger piece of **** using shady methods to hide his **** trail.

• Thumb up 2

12 minutes ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

One HUGE difference: Vance isn't on trial and in danger of going to prison. That kinda has an effect on how sleepy someone might feel.

Recall a line from Criminal Minds.  Rossi(?) saying "Show me somebody who can sleep facing three murder charges who isn't guilty."  

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Cooked Crack said:

GNeLKfbWMAEJwDS?format=jpg&name=900x900

When did court become so boring?

1 hour ago, China said:

When people became addicted to their phones.  They have the attention span of gnats.  If they can't swipe to the next interesting thing within 30 seconds or less they get catatonic.

50 minutes ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

One HUGE difference: Vance isn't on trial and in danger of going to prison. That kinda has an effect on how sleepy someone might feel.

Not to mention, the people in the media saying "Biden is unfit" are NOT the same people saying "Trump is unfit." There is no media narrative that Trump falling asleep shows he's as bad as Biden...there is a narrative in the media, though, about how the dude constantly calling Biden "Sleepy Joe" is himself falling asleep on a daily basis in court and how ironic/hypocritical it is. 

Its almost as if...JD Vance is setting himself to be the VP pick for Trump.

Which is hilarious since Vance has lied his way to being an author and getting elected..so it makes sense.

40 minutes ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

Is that really "breaking" news? lol...

Only in the sense that it's the first time in court that he's admitted it, I think.

Edited by The Evil Genius
  • Like 2

39 minutes ago, Larry said:

Recall a line from Criminal Minds.  Rossi(?) saying "Show me somebody who can sleep facing three murder charges who isn't guilty."  

That was also similar to a line in The Usual Suspects where the main detective says to Verbal "First day on the job, you know what I learned? How to spot a murderer. Let's say you arrest three guys for the same killing. You put them all in jail overnight. The next morning, whoever's sleeping is your man. You see, if you're guilty, you know you're caught, you get some rest, you let your guard down."

• Like 4

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

That was also similar to a line in The Usual Suspects where the main detective says to Verbal "First day on the job, you know what I learned? How to spot a murderer. Let's say you arrest three guys for the same killing. You put them all in jail overnight. The next morning, whoever's sleeping is your man. You see, if you're guilty, you know you're caught, you get some rest, you let your guard down."

OK you just triggered a Usual Suspects Quote Fest....

"GIMME THE F***IN KEYS, YOU F***IN C*****KER MOTHERF****ER BLEEEEAARRRRGGHHH!!"

Sorry, I had to get that off my chest...

Edited by BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen
  • Haha 7

If I were Stormy, I never would've told ANYONE what Trump's dong looks like. Instead, I would've set up a 1-900 number, $9.99 a minute, you call in and get Stormy on the phone. You get to name an object and on a scale from one to ten, she'll tell you if that is what Trump's dingle looks like. I would totally pay $10 bucks to know if Trump is hung like a dried up goose turd.

• Haha 3

Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

OK you just triggered a Usual Suspects Quote Fest....

"GIMME THE F***IN KEYS, YOU F***IN C*****KER MOTHERF****ER BLEEEEAARRRRGGHHH!!"

Sorry, I had to get that off my chest...

17 hours ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

My favorite lol:

"Hand me th' keez you ****sucker, whut th' fuuuuuhhh..."

Random factoid I read about that scene. Apparently most of it was improvised and the reason they all started cracking up, couldn't keep straight faces, and started joking around wasn't because it was in the script...it was because while they were in that room filming, Benicio del Toro kept farting and stinking up the whole place.

Edited by mistertim
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5
  • Thumb up 1

I'm amused by the coordinated effort to get MAGA people to come to the courthouse to defend Trump.  I haven't watched all of the actual clips, but I keep hearing people saying the trial is a sham, only Trump would be prosecuted under these facts, it's politically motivated, etc.........but do any of them claim that Trump is actually innocent or that he probably didn't have these affairs and tried to cover them up?

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 2

Appeals court denies Trump’s latest request to overturn hush money trial gag order

Donald Trump’s latest attempt to end the gag order against him in the hush money trial was denied by a New York appeals court on Tuesday.

“We find that Justice Merchan properly weighed petitioner’s First Amendment Rights against the court’s historical commitment to ensuring the fair administration of justice in criminal cases, and the right of persons related or tangentially related to the criminal proceedings from being free from threats, intimidation, harassment, and harm,” according to the order.

Click on the link for the full article

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

46 minutes ago, China said:

Appeals court denies Trump’s latest request to overturn hush money trial gag order

Donald Trump’s latest attempt to end the gag order against him in the hush money trial was denied by a New York appeals court on Tuesday.

“We find that Justice Merchan properly weighed petitioner’s First Amendment Rights against the court’s historical commitment to ensuring the fair administration of justice in criminal cases, and the right of persons related or tangentially related to the criminal proceedings from being free from threats, intimidation, harassment, and harm,” according to the order.

Doesn't matter, Trump is violating the gag order anyway and nobody will do anything about it:

Why Trump might avoid jail over his surrogates’ words despite gag order

Since Donald Trump was held in contempt for his 10th gag order violation last week, Manhattan prosecutors haven’t alleged that any other statements by the former president have violated it. But Republican politicians who support Trump have made statements that would violate the court order had the defendant made them himself.

And though the order makes Trump liable for certain third-party statements, it’s far from clear that he’ll get in trouble for these. There are both legal and practical reasons for this, despite double-digit violations of a court order by the “law and order” party’s presumptive nominee himself — and now possibly by way of those he's claimed as “surrogates” himself.

As a reminder, the order bars the defendant from “making or directing others to make public statements” against witnesses, jurors, counsel (other than Manhattan District Attorney Alvin Bragg), court staff, and family members of the judge and the DA. When it comes to other peoples' statements then, the question is whether Trump “direct[ed]” them. While recent attacks from Trump-aligned politicians seem clearly in service of their de facto leader, that may be different from Trump directing them.

To be sure, the defendant himself referred to his “surrogates” speaking “very beautifully” about the “biggest scam they’ve ever seen.” Common sense would dictate — and Trump’s own words confirm — he has at least endorsed words that would violate the gag order if he said them. But does that mean that he’s directing them — as opposed to, say, encouraging or condoning them or the like? How fine a distinction would Judge Juan Merchan draw?

2 hours ago, Cooked Crack said:

They coordinating outfits to defend their boy

Bro. He's not going to pick you. Then you're going to go back to being a D list Governor who's only national footage is this verbiage diarrhea. 

• Haha 1
  • Thumb up 1

12 minutes ago, @DCGoldPants said:

Bro. He's not going to pick you. Then you're going to go back to being a D list Governor who's only national footage is this verbiage diarrhea. 

He apparently ran for President too?

• Haha 4