Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Convicted felon Donald Trump on Trial (Found guilty on 34 felony counts. 54 criminal count still in the air)

Cooked Crack

Will Trump be convicted in any of his cases?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Will Trump be convicted in any of his cases?

• Yes. He's going 4 for 4. (including Georgia)
    • He's going to lose 3
    • Two for sure
    • He's only going to get convicted in one
    • No. He's going to skate

This poll is closed to new votes

From what I've read and heard, Cohen held up on cross.  He was the same "humble" self he was on direct. 

Despite being a dirtbag, he's the guy with the receipts...front, back, and in the middle.  They had to call him up. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 2

6 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

If the juror feels they can’t trust anything Michael says, that hurts some.

I think this is headed for a hung jury, as there will be at least one juror who won’t convict.

I've never felt so sure of a conviction as I do now.

• Haha 6

30 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

I've never felt so sure of a conviction as I do now.

I'd love to be that confident that I'll wake up tomorrow. 

What makes you so sure? (I'm stoned too, so no pressure for an answer 😁)

2 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

I'd love to be that confident that I'll wake up tomorrow. 

What makes you so sure? (I'm stoned too, so no pressure for an answer 😁)

It was a quip about who made the prediction and some of his other predictions. 

• Thumb up 1

We have no idea until the jury verdict comes out what they are thinking.  The media is treating Cohen like a "star witness", but the prosecution has built a foundation around Cohen.  For all we know, the moment's that swayed the jury already have happened well before Cohen's testimony. Hope Hicks crying on the stand,  Stormy Daniels and her lawyer.  If Trump puts up minimal defense... are they really not gonna call witnesses?  Who knows?

2 minutes ago, Fergasun said:

We have no idea until the jury verdict comes out what they are thinking.  The media is treating Cohen like a "star witness", but the prosecution has built a foundation around Cohen.  For all we know, the moment's that swayed the jury already have happened well before Cohen's testimony. Hope Hicks crying on the stand,  Stormy Daniels and her lawyer.  If Trump puts up minimal defense... are they really not gonna call witnesses?  Who knows?

Agree.  It's the most "up in the air" trial ever.  

Especially if he puts on no defense.  He DEPENDS (yeah, I did that) on one person on the jury. 

4 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

FWIW, Ty Cobb still thinks he’ll be convicted even after yesterday’s cross examination on Cohen. Ty Cobb as in Trump’s former lawyer, not the Georgia Peach.

:ols: I was gonna say...huh?!? :ols:

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

In case anyone missed it, one of the witnesses for the defense (Costello) was smacked down hard by the judge today. Had to excuse the jury first before doing so. Basically Costello was making insulting verbal reactions to the judge's rulings on objections, rolled his eyes at the judge, and even said that something should be stricken from the record--which only the judge can do--all while the jury looked on. Merchan smacked him with a rolled-up newspaper and he sat the rest of the way with his tail tucked between his legs, and behaved.

Trump ****ed about it afterwards, of course. And MAGA Twitter is making the absolute asinine claim that the judge only dismissed the jury because Costello was "exposing" Cohen so he paused the trial to keep Costello from doing any further damage to the prosecution's case lol. the part that MAGA overlooks is that the jury has 2 lawyers on it, and they KNOW what Costello was doing was disrespectful and should never be allowed in any courtroom. There's no way this defense witness' time on the stand helped Trump.

Edited by Califan007 The Constipated
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

15 minutes ago, Larry said:

I didn't think lawyers were allowed on juries.  

And the Trump NYC trial has two?  

Of course they're allowed.  It's just that many prosecuting and defending attorneys don't like them on juries and will exclude them.

Lawyers don't want to be second guessed on their tactical legal decisions, especially by a juror.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, China said:

Of course they're allowed.  It's just that many prosecuting and defending attorneys don't like them on juries and will exclude them.

Lawyers don't want to be second guessed on their tactical legal decisions, especially by a juror.

Eh.  I thought that lawyers, and cops, were excluded.  

I'd assumed it was because so much of a courtroom consists of arguing over "which parts of the truth do we need to hide from the jury?"  (I assume that my phrasing reveals how I feel about it, in general).  And that people like lawyers know the system well enough that they can tell (or at least speculate) about the things that weren't in the courtroom.  

I was called for jury duty twice in Fairfax County. First time there was a contingent delay so we went home. The second time, we got to the interior voir dere room and them we were sent home, same reason. 

I will be glad to serve. You can only consider what was presented in court with exception rulings by the judge. I can do that regardless of any publicity of a case. I do have a AAS paralegal degree. I'm getting a great legal education watching the people on TV commenting on the trials. Very interesting to me.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

43 minutes ago, Larry said:

Eh.  I thought that lawyers, and cops, were excluded.  

I'd assumed it was because so much of a courtroom consists of arguing over "which parts of the truth do we need to hide from the jury?"  (I assume that my phrasing reveals how I feel about it, in general).  And that people like lawyers know the system well enough that they can tell (or at least speculate) about the things that weren't in the courtroom.  

Can't remember which former prosecutor said this, but they said they liked having an attorney on the jury because they tend to make sure the jurors follow the judge's instructions and can step in if the jurors are going off on a tangent much like we do on threads here lol...

• Thumb up 1

Just now, Califan007 The Constipated said:

Can't remember which former prosecutor said this, but they said they liked having an attorney on the jury because they tend to make sure the jurors follow the judge's instructions and can step in if the jurors are going off on a tangent much like we do on threads here lol...

I think that was Glenn Kirschner.

• Thumb up 1

The details of what went down are out now that the full transcripts are available:

Trump Trial Judge Seals the Courtroom to Unload on MAGA Lawyer

The judge had reached his breaking point earlier after watching Costello, a former federal prosecutor who had no patience being on the receiving end, meet every sustained objection with a shake of the head, then a frown, then an emphatic “jeez” that carried across the courtroom. When Costello let out a loud sigh, Merchan excused the jury—setting off the chain of events that led to the forced exodus from the courtroom.

After Costello, a former prosecutor, was reprimanded for delivering outbursts in the court whenever he was interrupted or told not to answer a question that had been objected to and sustained, Costello began to stare down the judge.

“Mr. Costello, I’d like to discuss proper decorum in my courtroom, OK?” Judge Juan Merchan said after ordering the jury out of the room.

“Right,” Costello replied.

Merchan then told Costello that witnesses on the stand cannot act out if they don’t like a judge’s ruling.

“I’m the only one who can strike testimony in the courtroom. If you don’t like my ruling, you don’t give me side-eye and you don’t roll your eyes. Do you understand that?”

“I understand that,” Costello replied.

But then, when Merchan had turned around, he saw that Costello was staring straight at him again. “Are you staring me down right now?” he asked.

At that, he ordered security to seal the courtroom and all journalists to leave so he could give Costello a dressing down.

Hours after the exchange, court transcripts released by court reporters revealed what happened next.

“Your conduct is contemptuous right now. I’m putting you on notice that your conduct is contemptuous. If you try to stare me down one more time, I will remove you from the stand,” Merchan told Costello.

The judge then turned to Emil Bove, the Trump defense lawyer who was questioning the witness.

“I will strike his entire testimony; do you understand me?” Merchan told him.

“Yes, Judge. I understand,” Bove responded.

Merchan then tried to get Costello to shorten his answers and stop diving into lengthy narratives about his interactions with Cohen that were clearly intended to cast doubt on the man.

“Listen to the question and answer the question,” Merchan said.

But Costello remained insistent.

“Can I say something, please?” he interjected.

“No. No. This is not a conversation,” the judge stated.

Snippets of the transcripts of the exchange were quickly shared amongst news organizations on Monday evening.

When journalists were allowed to re-enter, Costello’s pale face was now beet red and twisted with an irritated frown.

Click on the link for the full article

• Haha 1
  • Thumb up 1