Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Convicted felon Donald Trump on Trial (Found guilty on 34 felony counts. 54 criminal count still in the air)

Cooked Crack

Will Trump be convicted in any of his cases?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Will Trump be convicted in any of his cases?

• Yes. He's going 4 for 4. (including Georgia)
    • He's going to lose 3
    • Two for sure
    • He's only going to get convicted in one
    • No. He's going to skate

This poll is closed to new votes

30 minutes ago, Captain Wiggles said:

She said everyone in the neighborhoods knew which houses were used for mob activities. Nobody lived in them and people only showed up at night to move stuffs in or out. 🕵‍♀️

I believe she had very interesting stories to tell from her life back in the days.

I've got a Czech/Slovak friend she sometimes bring me back this from the country. She's a former dancer at Crazy Horse in Paris.

Becherovka_logo.png;)

Edited by FrFan
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

Asha Rangappa (who's exceptionally intelligent) having to try to explain reality to magas. A task somewhat more difficult than explaining alternate side of the street parking to a cranberry.

• Haha 6
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

38 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

Asha Rangappa (who's exceptionally intelligent) having to try to explain reality to magas. A task somewhat more difficult than explaining alternate side of the street parking to a cranberry.

There's a place on Tybee Island, GA that has the best omelets on the planet, The Breakfast Club...and it's painted on the side of the building "Thou Shall Not Park Funny" or something like that.  We were regulars, but I parked "alternate side" once to pick up, and this nice lady came out of her house & told me I'd get ticketed.  I thought that was really nice of her, because she saved me a fine that would have helped her police force. 

• Like 2

Mar-a-Lago judge denies Trump’s request to file briefs together in documents case, orders slower, one-by-one pace instead

The federal judge overseeing Donald Trump’s indictment for allegedly illegally retaining classified documents at his Mar-a-Lago estate in Florida has denied a request from the former president’s attorneys to file a consolidated brief laying out all of his pretrial motions in one time-saving maneuver and instead, has ordered him to file them one-by-one and with rules on page limits for each.

The motion from Trump’s attorney Todd Blanche was filed late Tuesday and noted that the former president wanted to file “at least 10 pretrial motions” not to exceed 200 pages on a variety of matters including special counsel Jack Smith’s appointment; the subject of presidential immunity — notably, a fight he has lost in every venue he has launched it so far; accusations of “selective” and “vindictive prosecution”; his grievances over the “vagueness” of the statutes he has been charged under and what Blanche called “an illegal raid at Mar-a-Lago, and improper violations of President Trump’s attorney-client privilege.” His co-defendants in the Florida case, Waltine Nauta and Carlos De Oliveira, joined together to respond to special counsel Jack Smith’s Feb. 12 motion as well, in which the special prosecutor argued Trump was attempting to improperly smuggle “misleading” and irrelevant defense theories in at the last minute in order to delay. Trump’s legal team said it was Smith’s “misrepresentations” that caused delays.

Blanche asked the Trump-appointed judge, U.S. District Judge Aileen Cannon, if they could file the consolidated brief via email by Feb. 22, enter a redacted version of it to the public docket by that evening, and then file a hard copy under seal in court the next day.

But in a paperless order on the federal docket on Tuesday, Cannon denied the request and provided other instructions.

Pretrial motions must be filed on an “individual basis” so they can be adjudicated clearly, the order said. All pretrial motions must state “with particularity” the filer’s stance on whether they need a hearing on a motion and if so, they must provide specifics about the scope, format and sequencing of the hearing. If Trump wanted to have a hearing for each of his pretrial motions, under this guidance, then that could mean at least 10 separate hearings.

Cannon also upped the page limit for individual pretrial motions and replies to 25 double-spaced pages, excluding attachments.

Click on the link for the full article

If there are 10 separate motions, even if they don't all have associated hearings, I expect this to delay proceedings even further.  I wouldn't be surprised if a the March 1st hearing she decides to push back the start date of the trial.  The question then becomes, if the Supreme Court rules on the immunity issue, will the Jan 6th trial be able to move into that slot if it is vacated.

In Trump Criminal Case, Manhattan D.A. Asks for Gag Order Before Trial

Manhattan prosecutors on Monday asked the judge overseeing the criminal case against Donald J. Trump to prohibit the former president from attacking witnesses or exposing jurors’ identities.

The requests, made in filings by the Manhattan district attorney’s office, noted Mr. Trump’s “longstanding history of attacking witnesses, investigators, prosecutors, judges, and others involved in legal proceedings against him.”

In outlining a narrowly crafted gag order, the office hewed closely to the terms of a similar order upheld by a federal appeals court in Washington in another of Mr. Trump’s criminal cases.

The gag order in the Manhattan case, if the judge approves it, would bar Mr. Trump from “making or directing others to make” statements about witnesses concerning their role in the case. The district attorney, Alvin L. Bragg, also asked that Mr. Trump be barred from commenting on prosecutors on the case — other than Mr. Bragg himself — as well as court staff members.

Although Mr. Bragg carved himself out of the gag order request, the district attorney has received the brunt of the attacks from Mr. Trump and his supporters. In an affidavit released Monday, the head of his security detail listed some of the worst of the dozens of attacks directed at Mr. Bragg last year, including racial slurs and death threats.

In a separate filing, Mr. Bragg placed a special emphasis on the protection of jurors. His prosecutors asked that Mr. Trump be barred from publicly revealing their identities. And although Mr. Trump and his legal team are allowed to know the jurors’ names, Mr. Bragg asked that their addresses be kept secret from the former president.

• Thumb up 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

Supreme Court Agrees to Hear Trump’s Immunity Claim, Setting Arguments for April

The Supreme Court on Wednesday agreed to decide whether former President Donald J. Trump is immune from prosecution on charges of plotting to overturn the 2020 election.

The justices scheduled arguments for the week of April 22 and said proceedings in the trial court would remain frozen while they considered the matter.

The court’s brief order said the court will decide this question: “Whether and if so to what extent does a former president enjoy presidential immunity from criminal prosecution for conduct alleged to involve official acts during his tenure in office.”

This is absurd.  There is no wiggle room in the Appeals Court's decision.  It sounds like the Supreme Court, in a show of ego, wants to have the final say on the matter.

In doing so, however, they are giving Trump exactly what he wants...a delay.  This is bad news.

On the one hand, I am fine with him getting slapped by his SCOTUS. On the other, there's no real need for them to decide this if they believe that the Appeals Court got it correct.  Presidential immunity is not likely to be of nationwide interest.  But that crook Nixon also had his cases go to SCOTUS.

Totally normal that ex-POTUS is constantly in court... completely normal. 

Judge Cannon tells Trump co-defendants they can't see confidential docs in new ruling

Judge Aileen Cannon told former President Donald Trump's co-defendants in his federal Florida case that they cannot look at classified documents, court records show.

The Trump-appointed judge sided with special prosecutor Jack Smith and barred Walt Nauta and Carlos De Oliveira from receiving access to secret materials produced in discovery, Guardian reporter Hugo Lowell was among the first to report.

Unreal.

I'm guessing oral arguments will take a few days and then maybe what, another month to render a decision? Maybe two?

That puts us into August, September for a trial, if that?

Not good...

1 hour ago, LadySkinsFan said:

Trump claims immunity in the Florida classified docs case too, so it doesn't surprise me that the supremes took the case. The District case doesn't apply to the entire US.

They're stringing it out though.

Thats actually a really salient point.

• Like 1