Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official 2023 ES Free Agency Thread... available until Free Agency 2024 begins

Riggo-toni

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

yep that rumor has been out there for ahwile with Tampa.

If Brissett is this team's top desire at backup QB,and it seems like multiple teams are in on him -- this might help shake this out

Maybe Teddy (I don't care for personally) or Minshew if they are looking for cheap options but Brissett would be the pick for me. :) 

I think returning Larsen is smart regardless.  He can serve as a bargaining chip for Roullier taking a pay cut, can be a solid back up to Roullier, can start if Roullier leaves, and if we land a quality C in the draft, either we can cut Larsen, or Roullier (as a June 1 cut), with Gates serving as the 3rd string center in either scenario.

5 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Standig seems convinced that Dalton or Brissett would be the worst backup here because they almost for certain would beat Howell. 

Not sure he's right.

Also, if they thought that then Brissett would't be on their radar screen.  I don't know if that's who they land but i 100% believe Keim he's on their wish list.

I said that in the QB thread. Brissett coming in would mean they don’t totally buy into Howell IMO.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

I want a great OL. You can get that at LG and Center in Round 2 most years. Hard to get that without a Top 10 pick at LT, but Broderick Jones and Anton Harrison seem closest to raw/upside LT in this draft, and I think could benefit at RT a year (or as the 6th lineman) while learning the ropes. 

Don't want to turn this into the draft thread  but I'll just say if you want to hedge your bets and play it in the middle in the 2nd, someone like Bergeron or Steen who can play tackle or guard and are used to the left side.  Maybe Daniels if he bulked up some.   Mauch seems like a pure gaurd but also used to the left side.

Don't know how legit the character concerns are for Broderick Jones.  i like Anton Harrison a lot.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

I said that in the QB thread. Brissett coming in would mean they don’t totally buy into Howell IMO.

I think that it's more what they said, that he will have the opportunity to earn the QB1 that he effectively has by default now. Bring in a starter and show Howell "I think you can beat him out for the job."

1 minute ago, NewCliche21 said:

I think that it's more what they said, that he will have the opportunity to earn the QB1 that he effectively has by default now. Bring in a starter and show Howell "I think you can beat him out for the job."

Feels like a potential waste of significant cap space, and cash, to me. Options are looking limited though.

11 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

Brissett has been cool with being a backup, that's the #1 thing for me.  The #2 thing for me is for whatever reason if Howell isn't ready or gets hurt, I want to be competitive with this roster.  If I wasn't high on the roster I wouldn't care.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Don't want to turn this into the draft thread  but I'll just say if you want to hedge your bets and play it in the middle in the 2nd, someone like Bergeron or Steen who can play tackle or guard and are used to the left side.  Maybe Daniels if he bulked up some.   Mauch seems like a pure gaurd but also used to the left side.

Don't know how legit the character concerns are for Broderick Jones.  i like Anton Harrison a lot.

Agree on Harrison....if we can possibly trade back in the 1st and get him plus another 2nd or 3rd that would be ideal to me.

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

Brissett has been cool with being a backup, that's the #1 thing for me.  The #2 thing for me is for whatever reason if Howell isn't ready or gets hurt, I want to be competitive with this roster.  If I wasn't high on the rsoter I wouldn't care.

Fair points. Let’s see where we end up on this.

• Like 1

Just now, Est.1974 said:

Feels like a potential waste of significant cap space, and cash, to me. Options are looking limited though.

'I feel you, we just can't not have a real quarterback on the roster. I think it's even more important after what happened to the Niners.

• Like 3

I hope we pick up former bama - now battlehawk AJ Mac and draft a late round flier. Go young across the board at QB and see what we have, really have a solid squad if we draft/sign true MIKE. Draft starting #1 corner in 1st/2nd and draft O-Line depth in addition to signings. Would like to see us maximize value out of Sweat and trade him, but maybe they want to see what happens with Chase? 🤷‍♂️  Still don't understand why they can't throw dumb money at a MIKE, we've needed one since Fletcher and haven't consistently been a good D since then either. 

8 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

In about 45 minutes the Internet-sports media is I gather going to go non-stop Aaron Rodgers.  I am going to try to enjoy the next 45 minutes of sports freedom.

They going to reveal if he saw his shadow after coming out of his darkness retreat?

• Haha 4

https://markbullock.substack.com/p/what-lb-cody-barton-brings-to-the?sd=pf

He’s an intriguing signing for Washington as he offers plenty of upside. He tested very well at the combine back in 2019 and that testing translates to the field when watching him. He’s a good athlete at the linebacker position that can cover a lot of ground, similar to Davis and Holcomb in that regard, but still has untapped potential due to his lack of playing time. His one-year deal is a sign he’s betting on himself to put together a strong season and pick up a bigger contract this time next year. 

So what are the Commanders getting in Barton? Let’s take a closer look:

• Like 1