Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official 2023 ES Free Agency Thread... available until Free Agency 2024 begins

Riggo-toni

11 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

For those distraught to see Chase go, I’m curious if you really wanted to franchise him or pay him a top of market contract in the offseason.  My next question would be what has he done to earn that contract?

None of them have even thought about it that hard. They’re just mad bc he’s on ticket ads and they might have been dumb enough to buy his jersey 

• Haha 4

Just now, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

By far we did not.

That's a scheme problem as much as a talent issue. JDR shouldn't have a job after depreciating the value of our assets to the point where we're trading in two firsts for a second and a very low third.

Hopefully meaningful positive changes are coming.

14 minutes ago, Bacon said:

We only got a ****ing 3rd rounder for a second overall pick? Christ, he's going to be an all-star for the rest of his career.

Good God. The story isn't the 2nd overall pick, it's the last 9 games of his ----ing contract, that's what we traded. If we had his next four years plus a rookie option of course the trade doesn't happen. We didn't, those years are in the rear view mirror, all that was left was the second half of year 4 of that contract, w/no rookie option because we refused to pick it up. He was the 2nd pick four drafts ago this coming april. It's not April 2020, it's about to be November 2023. 

As for that decision, as I said at the time, the mistake was not going QB, when all we had on the roster at the position was Haskins, and Alex Smith's retirement tour. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Just now, Bacon said:

That's a scheme problem as much as a talent issue. JDR shouldn't have a job after depreciating the value of our assets to the point where we're trading in two firsts for a second and a very low third.

I only ever hear about scheme and players on the DL here. 

Never hear that **** when talking about actual dominant players.

Let me know more about Maxx Crosby and the Raiders’ vaunted scheme. 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Bacon said:

well, it's not ideal, but this is the NFL.  Trading first round draft picks(that have yet to be used) for anything other than first round draft picks (that have yet to be used) is very rare.  That's why every time it happens it's part of a "blockbuster" deal

6 minutes ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

He literally does nothing here. 

Go ahead and give him $20M so he can do more cute commercials I guess with little production 

It wouldn't surprise me if he started playing really, really damn well for them. Wouldn't surprise me at all. For whatever reason he had a bad 2nd year and then injury, and so all he gave us was a great rookie year and a good half season this year. The problem people don't get is that he was basically a free agent after our season finale against Dallas two months from now. We had the ability to tag him, and pay him like an ALL PRO while worrying about his knee, but that is like paying for a FA with a major medical red flag. What we didn't have was a cost controlled rookie w/loads of upside ahead of him, that was 2020, we already drove down nearly 90% of that road. That story was over. For some reason people still think its the eighties, and we controlled the rest of Chase Young's career. We did not, without exposing ourselves to gargantuan salary cap risk. 

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Young is considered by some within the team as an addition by subtraction as Standig wrote.  wow.  Grant just talked about that as to hearing stories.  That's the 4th reporter who talked  about issues with Chase behind the scenes.

Not that surprising I believe.

I believe many defensive players are disgruntled with the DC here. 

5 minutes ago, Wildbunny said:

Not that surprising I believe.

I believe many defensive players are disgruntled with the DC here. 

That point had nothing to do with Del Rio.  It was another in the pile about them in that building who considered Chase as being a problem.  them saying losing Chase is an additon by subtraction takes that point up a notch. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

That point had nothing to do with Del Rio.  It was another in the pile about them in that building who considered Chase as being a problem.  them saying losing Chase is an additon by subtraction takes that point up a notch. 

Thanks for the clarification then!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I’m more afraid that trading them gives us a better shot at being competitive…

lol, that's sort of the point of someone from the team talking to Standig.

The other thing about pass rushers, it seems to be one of the easiest spots in recent years to find decent FA help.  With all that cap room, I think they can find a dude or two.

12 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Young is considered by some within the team as an addition by subtraction as Standig wrote.  wow.  Grant just talked about that as to hearing stories.  That's the 4th reporter who talked  about issues with Chase behind the scenes.

Which gives you another reason to fire this FO. They are supposed to smoke out mental make up/character issues before the draft, and as I keep ****ing about, we needed QB badly that draft (yes I know they took Haskins just a year earlier but Ron dumped him before the following season was even completed, telling you just how little he was ever commited to Haskins) and instead went for a luxury, pick, using a third top 20 pick in four years on the DL. Pure idiocy. They all need to be loaded on a trebuchet and sent over the castle walls come January. 

The reporting about the FO/Coaches/Ownership all being on the same page is hilarious. Those guys know they are donezo come January, they just didn't have a choice (Maybe Ron will be elevated to some position where he's a non-heads on character president type guy with a title but no power, I could see that, but none of these guys will have their hands on anything in late January other than maybe EB). 

Edited by The Consigliere
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Where’s there’s smoke, there’s fire.

we traded a glorified cheerleader for a pick. I’ll take it. He might amount to something in San Fran but he wasn’t going to here.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

lol, that's sort of the point of someone from the team talking to Standig.

The other thing about pass rushers, it seems to be one of the easiest spots in recent years to find decent FA help.  With all that cap room, I think they can find a dude or two.

just re-sign two or all three of our guys (Toohill, JSW and Obada) and hope Henry and Jones come on

• Thumb up 1