Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official 2023 ES Free Agency Thread... available until Free Agency 2024 begins

Riggo-toni

Just now, KDawg said:

It’s truly fascinating to see how much people overreact to things like this on a bad team who hasn’t done anything in years.

Many of those folks are the same ones who wanted us to be more of a modern front office.

It’s going to be okay. Probably better than it used to be. 

….i feel like we won’t even notice a difference during games 

• Like 4
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

Just now, CommandB11 said:

Cerrato? That you? Still dont know what sacks are? They are when you tackle the qb behind the line of scrimmage.

Tell Chase that. He only seems to do that against bad D-Lines, disappears against decent ones (where was he against Philly) and I can't remember a time he ever stopped a RB.

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Also want to add to those complaining about a 3rd for Chase. Dont complain That is probably way more than he was worth in a contract year and with his history in all honesty. And the clearly the 49ers were the only team willing to part with a 3rd for him. I am kind of surprised they parted with both DE's. But this is what a rebuild looks like. Just need the right front office and scouting team in here to make it pay off. 

Edited by clskinsfan
  • Like 1

One trap I'm trying to avoid is the idea of "As long as it's not Dan Snyder doing it, it has to be good."

Because we are in a very weird place right now as a franchise. Harris can engage in some light sexual harassment of the cheerleaders, and it would be a massive improvement over the prior regime.

I also don't want to be a complete cynic either. Which is tough since that's what I've been for 23 years.

I'm just picturing Head Coach Dabo Swinney next year with 14 rookies who were all drafted based on a belief in Creationism or something.

• Haha 3

Just now, MrJL said:

why are you assuming he'd stay if we got an incompetant GM

Im not. But everyone is acting like we suddenly have a good FO. We dont. Nor are guaranteed to. Harris kept Doc Rivers in charge of the 76ers for how long. Doesnt give me a ton of confidence in him getting the right people in place.

Just now, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

One trap I'm trying to avoid is the idea of "As long as it's not Dan Snyder doing it, it has to be good."

Because we are in a very weird place right now as a franchise. Harris can engage in some light sexual harassment of the cheerleaders, and it would be a massive improvement over the prior regime.

I also don't want to be a complete cynic either. Which is tough since that's what I've been for 23 years.

I'm just picturing Head Coach Dabo Swinney next year with 14 rookies who were all drafted based on a belief in Creationism or something.

well, the problem with the idea that Harris shouldn't do anything is the the lame duck regime shouldn't do anything either , but unfortunately we can't cancel the 2023 season

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

We're not in a weird place right now.  We're in a very usual place, which is a losing record in October.  

As much as I'd hate to see Dabo here, I'm willing to give Harris a pass on everything until he goes out and hires a re-tread coach and gives him full GM control or something.  

Today is a good day.  Ron is as good as gone.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

23 minutes ago, DazedSkinsfan said:

I wonder what we could get for him??

I think I saw a report somewhere that said Washington was asking for a day 2 pick for him. If that's accurate, it would be surprising if they couldn't get that for him given the number injuries to starters currently. I think Cleveland would definitely like to get him back for example.

• Like 1

Just now, CommandB11 said:

Im not. But everyone is acting like we suddenly have a good FO. We dont. Nor are guaranteed to. Harris kept Doc Rivers in charge of the 76ers for how long. Doesnt give me a ton of confidence in him getting the right people in place.

No. People are acting like we finally made some forward thinking decisions. 

For what it’s worth, which may be little (and quite honestly is very unlikely) Sweat or Young (or both) could re-sign here next year still and we’d have the draft picks, too.

That won’t happen… but it could. It’s forward thinking and it’s smart. 

That doesn’t mean other moves will follow suit.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, KDawg said:

No. People are acting like we finally made some forward thinking decisions. 

For what it’s worth, which may be little (and quite honestly is very unlikely) Sweat or Young (or both) could re-sign here next year still and we’d have the draft picks, too.

That won’t happen… but it could. It’s forward thinking and it’s smart. 

That doesn’t mean other moves will follow suit.

I understand and even agree with trading the players. I am just totally disappointed in the return for Young. 49ers knew noone is actually in charge here and could offer the minimum to get a potentially great player. And we couldnt push back because we are in limbo.

Edited by CommandB11