Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official 2023 ES Free Agency Thread... available until Free Agency 2024 begins

Riggo-toni

44 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

I never said it was a done deal and it probably aggravated some boomers. Where's the loss?  :D

And some Gen x 😡

23 minutes ago, CobraCommander said:

Leave the old timers alone. They don’t know how to google.

Please we invented Google! 🤪

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumb up 1

All the Commanders fans can now just relax... at least for now lol

Eagles News: Derrick Henry trade to Philly “won’t be happening”

A.J. Brown endorses Derrick Henry trade that isn’t happening - PFT
Per a source with knowledge of the situation, it won’t be happening. Earlier in the offseason, a report surfaced that the Titans were shopping Henry. Nothing happened, in part because Henry has a salary of $10.5 million this year, and in part because he’s likely looking for a new contract, since he’s in the final year of his current deal. Last year, the Eagles sent a first-round pick to the Titans for Brown. This year, with a deep class of incoming rookie running backs, it’s harder to envision the Eagles making a big move at a position where supply far outweighs demand — and where age and wear and tear make it hard to justify going all in for a veteran tailback.

3 hours ago, NoVaSkins21 said:

Really hoping that Derrick Henry stays out of the NFC East.  Eagles are stacked as it is on offense.  They don't need another weapon to be more lethal

I would MUCH rather  the Eagles traded a high draft pick for a running back with a lot of miles on the engine wanting a big money deal than used one of their first round picks on Bijan Robinson on a rookie deal. Which is why there is no way the Eagles make any kind of trade for Henry.

• Like 5
  • Thumb up 1

I think the FO is setting up a number of moves that require upfront cash (SB) and need to hold off until a new owner is in place. 
Fuller and Samuel are two guys that we should restructure, but will require up front cash to do so.

1) Cut Norwell

2) Restructure guys in their prime (26-28) by giving them signing bonus and extending 1-2 years. Fuller, Samuel. 
3) Keep needed expiring Vets with injury history. Roullier, Thomas. 
4) Extend guys on rookie contracts. Curl, Sweat. 

On 4/29/2023 at 9:18 AM, Warhead36 said:

Fuller played well last year. You don't cut a solid, experienced CB because you drafted a couple kids.

Of the three primary cut candidates (Thomas, Fuller and Roullier) Fuller is the only one I'd be truly befuddled by.

I think he'd be more of a trade candidate than a cut candidate (he would yield very little if anything). Rivera needs him for his strategy to work this season, so cutting him would be a mistake. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, pcbothwel said:

I think the FO is setting up a number of moves that require upfront cash (SB) and need to hold off until a new owner is in place. 
Fuller and Samuel are two guys that we should restructure, but will require up front cash to do so.

1) Cut Norwell

2) Restructure guys in their prime (26-28) by giving them signing bonus and extending 1-2 years. Fuller, Samuel. 
3) Keep needed expiring Vets with injury history. Roullier, Thomas. 
4) Extend guys on rookie contracts. Curl, Sweat. 

I wonder if we can restructure/extend Jon Allen to clear up cap room as well. Make him a Commander for life.

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

35 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Of the three primary cut candidates (Thomas, Fuller and Roullier) Fuller is the only one I'd be truly befuddled by.

I think he'd be more of a trade candidate than a cut candidate (he would yield very little if anything). Rivera needs him for his strategy to work this season, so cutting him would be a mistake. 

Depends on how camps go, but I’d lean toward keeping him and letting him walk next year (maybe getting a comp pick), extending or restructuring him.  Cutting him’s only on the table (for me) if they’re really pleased with Forbes and Martin, and at least 1 (if not both) of Dantzler/Holmes look really good… an that’s partly based on my thinking that DJ played better than I expected in his limited time late in the year.

2 hours ago, pcbothwel said:

I'm not seeing a lot of folks say the same, but I agree with the bolded portion a lot.  I would love to have Curtis longer, and we should make it happen while his stock is depressed by an injury year and then uneven QB play, because I am convinced he is a weapon with any kind of production under center.

• Like 2

On 4/23/2023 at 10:46 AM, NoVaSkins21 said:

Really hoping that Derrick Henry stays out of the NFC East.  Eagles are stacked as it is on offense.  They don't need another weapon to be more lethal

I would LOVE the Eagles sending meaningful draft capital and investing a big contract on a power back with lots of miles on his tread.

As Napoleon once said - never interrupt your enemy when he’s making a mistake.

10 minutes ago, MartinC said:

I would LOVE the Eagles sending meaningful draft capital and investing a big contract on a power back with lots of miles on his tread.

As Napoleon once said - never interrupt your enemy when he’s making a mistake.

With them trading for Swift, it's a younger version with less miles on his tread.  

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

I don’t understand how he’s still available.

He’s a very good run blocker who struggles in pass pro. This is a passing league. 

He is probably looking for a bigger deal than teams are willing to give a guard who is not great at pass pro.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MartinC said:

He’s a very good run blocker who struggles in pass pro. This is a passing league. 

He is probably looking for a bigger deal than teams are willing to give a guard who is not great at pass pro.

Are there attitude issues? Didn’t he get into a spat w Russ?