Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Next Day Thread: Decimating Dallas and Final Studs/Dud Awards!

KDawg

Dallas was so terrible that I dont wanna draw too many conclusions.  I'd like to have seen a more representative Cowboy team to assess what we saw our boys do.  They had all their players out there, but Dallas simply didn't get off the bus in all 3 phases.  I think some of these players like Hudson and Mayo looked better than they otherwise would have.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, justice98 said:

Dallas was so terrible that I dont wanna draw too many conclusions.  I'd like to have seen a more representative Cowboy team to assess what we saw our boys do.  They had all their players out there, but Dallas simply didn't get off the bus in all 3 phases.  I think some of these players like Hudson and Mayo looked better than they otherwise would have.

Yeah Dallas didn't show up at all. I do think Hudson is a nice utility type player though but wouldn't bank on him as a long term starter or anything.

Just now, CobraCommander said:

Clearly the offense and QB were the problem this year. O-line didn’t do us any favors. I’d like to see this team with Howell with a forward thinking young offensively Coordinator and a revamped offensive line.

I don't care about the age of the OC as long as he's creative and actually runs a scheme around his players.

I mean the best offensive mind in the league is Andy Reid who's like 60+.

1 minute ago, Warhead36 said:

Yeah Dallas didn't show up at all. I do think Hudson is a nice utility type player though but wouldn't bank on him as a long term starter or anything.

I don't care about the age of the OC as long as he's creative and actually runs a scheme around his players.

I mean the best offensive mind in the league is Andy Reid who's like 60+.

Andy Reid is one of the all time greatest coaches living or dead. Those kinds of people are spoken for. I say young because we need an up and comer imo. 

3 minutes ago, CobraCommander said:

Andy Reid is one of the all time greatest coaches living or dead. Those kinds of people are spoken for. I say young because we need an up and comer imo. 

I mean I'm fine with an up and comer but I wouldn't hire a guy just because he's young. Scott Turner is supposed to be a young up and comer too.

1 hour ago, zCommander said:

Howell ready to roll them boys next season! :)

This might be irrational but I was very impressed by this post-game address. I feel like he has that “x-factor” and it is legitimately moving the needle for my confidence in him to get a shot at QB1 next year.

Terry mentioned being impressed with Howell’s address in his post-game press conference and said he hadn’t heard remarks that good from a young guy before. I figured he was exaggerating — and honestly I find a lot of these guys pretty cheesy, anyway — but I saw that clip and thought wow Terry was right.

Anybody else feel that way or am I reading into it too much?

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

This might be irrational but I was very impressed by this post-game address. I feel like he has that “x-factor” and it is legitimately moving the needle for my confidence in him to get a shot at QB1 next year.

Terry mentioned being impressed with Howell’s address in his post-game press conference and said he hadn’t heard remarks that good from a young guy before. I figured he was exaggerating — and honestly I find a lot of these guys pretty cheesy, anyway — but I saw that clip and thought wow Terry was right.

Hell no. We gonna roll them boys with Howell. He got me fired up.

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 4

2 hours ago, CapsSkins said:

I don't tend to overanalyze people's personalities, especially those I don't know. From what I've read, the sense I get is Howell is a quieter guy, especially in comparison to someone like Heinicke. However, given the confidence and moxie he plays with, players and coaches really respect him

2 hours ago, CobraCommander said:

Clearly the offense and QB were the problem this year. O-line didn’t do us any favors. I’d like to see this team with Howell with a forward thinking young offensively Coordinator and a revamped offensive line.

@Zim489 getting dunked on by Galdi :ols:

2 hours ago, FrFan said:

Meant to quote you in my above reply 

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

I would say keep taylor as a back up if turner remains as OC. 
if turner is gone then lets see what else is available in free agency.

i dont want the team to even think of drafting a qb until the 6th round or later 

the first and second round picks should be for oline or corner backs

mid rounds line backer and more o line 

late rounds best player available. 

if at our spot in the draft if getting a lineman is a reach trade back and get one or two more picks.

our starters in all spots other than oline are nfl capable players. Its the depth at oline and line backer ( and perhaps cb) that are the issues 

9 minutes ago, Zim489 said:

He also didnt respond to my two later tweets about the 3rd weakest OOD which makes up 65% of the schedule 

What's the difference about the breakdown of whether the tough teams came from within the division or outside of it?   You are either tested by good teams or you aren't.     NFC East was fire this year. 

the NFC East became what some thought the AFC West would this year.  But just like the AFC flaming out this year, it could happen to the NFC East, too. next.  Tough to always guess which teams rise and fall.  

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/washington-commanders-draft-picks-2023-nfl-draft/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=washington-commanders-draft-picks-2023-nfl-draft

This is a defense that ranked in the top 10 in several major categories. In an interdependent game like football, those numbers would look even more impressive with a Commanders offense that could sustain drives and put their opponents in negative game script situations.

Edited by Skinsinparadise

18 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Best part about Howell is that he targeted both Dotson and McLaurin. Heinicke and Wentz seemed to only do one of them at a time.

We got lucky with Dotson. There's good scouting, but you still need some luck even with that scouting. We were lucky there was that much WR talent in the last draft.

Better OL to make it league average, good run game, hopefully Howell is the improvement we think...and then a better OC can make two studs like McLaurin and Dotson shine. I see no reason why both of them combined can't get 2500 yards next season. Howell only had 22 passing plays, yet both WR's had 70+ yards. Scale those passing plays up to 30, and that's a pace where 2500 is reasonable.

• Thumb up 1

23 hours ago, Zim489 said:

Also please let the Taylor story die with this season.

Roll with Howell but keep Heineke for the backup...  Cheap backup and knows the system plus a great locker room guy.  Teammates play hard for him...