Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Everything 118th Congress Thread

@DCGoldPants

McCarthy was managing 5 factions in the House.  One faction (House Freedom Caucus) and half the Republican Study Committee and Nancy Mace basically launched a coup on his leadership.  

Why the hell would any GOP members want to trust people like that?

• Thumb up 2

The freedom caucus is intent on breaking the GOP apart. As if Trump didn't do that already. 

I don't see how anyone can hold the party together.  Whether people like it or not, they will need to bring Democrats to the table. This is the 3rd time they will vote and run in secret? 

You effing legislate with the people you have.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

You ****ing dip****.  He was voted down in front of the world 3 times.  He lost to another member of your caucus in a nominating ballot.  He lost to "NO" in a ballot of your caucus.

Your problem - and his - is you won't accept the results of a free and fair election. 

Hmmm, where have we heard that before?

Edited by Dan T.
  • Like 1
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 6

Oh look, we've arrived at the reaping what you sowed part.  

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/columnist/2023/10/20/house-speaker-vote-jim-jordan-threats-trump-maga-republicans/71247118007/

Death threats. Intimidation. Family members called out by strangers.

A number of House Republicans who refuse to support right-wing Rep. Jim Jordan for House speaker are suddenly learning the true language of Donald Trump’s MAGA movement, a movement they have either tolerated or nurtured for years. While MAGA fury is usually directed at liberals, this time it's hitting him like unfriendly fire.

Rep. Nick LaLota of New York, after voting against Jordan, said he received an email that read: “Go f--- yourself and die if I see your face, I will whip all the hair out of your f---ing head you f---ing scumbag.”

Some Republicans are learning how it feels when MAGA attacks

Rep. Drew Ferguson of Georgia said in a statement that after voting against Jordan, his family started receiving death threats: "That is simply unacceptable, unforgivable, and will never be tolerated.”

Axios reported that Ferguson told other House Republicans in a Thursday meeting “that he’s had to have a sheriff stationed at his daughter’s school over death threats from the far right. Also one at his house.”

The New York Times reported that the wife of Rep. Don Bacon of Nebraska "has begun sleeping with a loaded gun after receiving increasingly menacing anonymous calls and texts.”

Rep. Ken Buck of Colorado said Thursday: “I've had four death threats. I've been evicted from my office in Colorado … because the landlord is mad with my voting record on the speaker issue, and everybody in the conference is getting this. ... Family members have been approached and threatened.”

This behavior is horrible and unacceptable. It’s also entirely predictable to anyone who has paid attention to a political movement forged in violent rhetoric and seemingly driven by the destruction of social and political norms.

Just recently, Trump has suggested that a top U.S. general be executed, mocked the violent hammer attack on a Democratic lawmaker’s husband and talked about shooting shoplifters.

I love it when people refer to things as "unacceptable" but also don't do anything about it other than complain.

47 minutes ago, mistertim said:

The scope of this woman's narcissistic victimhood complex is truly astounding.

Nancy Mace always be like I AM WILLING TO ACCEPT ANY AND ALL CONSEQUENCES OF MY VERY POPULAR (among the GOP) ACTIONS.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumb up 2

4 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/columnist/2023/10/20/house-speaker-vote-jim-jordan-threats-trump-maga-republicans/71247118007/

I love it when people refer to things as "unacceptable" but also don't do anything about it other than complain.

To quote myself *ahem*...

On 10/18/2023 at 7:09 PM, Califan007 The Constipated said:

I was about to respond to the first post by saying I kinda hope they do begin issuing threats of "MAGA justice", because I could see threats against those who did not vote for Jordan backfiring spectacularly as more Repubs finally start realizing they can't just keep emboldening this faction of their party--which voting for Jordan would most definitely do.

This is shaping up to be one helluva implosion.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Otherwise known as FAFO. 

I hope they all choke on the Trump **** they've been banging in their sleep for years.  You got what you deserved, dickface. 

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

19 minutes ago, Captain Wiggles said:

giphy.webp?cid=6c09b952thh2dftj0z95spoz4

Since May, I think they’ve also deported around 275,000. So, it’s not like they are just sitting around waiting for jobs to be taken by the rapists, murderers and the destroyers of America. 

We should ask Floridians and how their inflation numbers are the worst in the country and how it relates to the removal of foreign workers. 

According to some, it’s going great. others are laughing. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1