Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Browns at Washington ~ Back to Wentz you came & the crowd goes Hog Mild

TK
Message added by TK,

1539609161_ScreenShot2023-01-01at3_59_39PM.thumb.png.e435e9c59efcacf8ce89f8e69af5e40d.png

1 minute ago, Captain Wiggles said:

Foods been terrible there since the day it opened. Same goes for Capital One Arena. 

Cap One's food is okay. Its just over priced but that's kinda the thing everywhere. I'm willing to pay for it there though because the Capitals are actually a good product.

• Thumb up 1

8 minutes ago, Redd said:

Food is so bad at FedEx Field. We tried those Guy Fierre chicken tenders. It was cold and hard. I just drink whenever we see games there now.

Remember the years of season tickets and if it was really cold out. Coffee or Hot Chocolate were the same warm brown water with no flavor. 

#memories

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Cap One's food is okay. Its just over priced but that's kinda the thing everywhere. I'm willing to pay for it there though because the Capitals are actually a good product.

I've only been to concerts there in recent years. 2017 was the last time n it was easily some of the worst vending I've ever seen at a venue. 😔

Edited by Captain Wiggles

This is from a Vegas message board who posted pics of her experience at Allegiant Stadium today. Granted, this is from a premium level, but can you see anywhere close to this being offered in the suites at FedEx?

https://www.vegasmessageboard.com/forums/index.php?threads/ending-a-spectacular-year-starting-anew-with-awesome-times-janets-rhymes-mega-wynns-divine.197934/page-6

• Sad 3

3 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

This is from a Vegas message board who posted pics of her experience at Allegiant Stadium today. Granted, this is from a premium level, but can you see anywhere close to this being offered in the suites at FedEx?

https://www.vegasmessageboard.com/forums/index.php?threads/ending-a-spectacular-year-starting-anew-with-awesome-times-janets-rhymes-mega-wynns-divine.197934/page-6

Everything about that place is first class. 

16 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Its a weird situation. We've had some decent drafts. Getting Dotson and Robinson last year from the trade down was a pretty good coup. Mathis looked good in preseason before his injury. The year before Davis is starting to blossom, Cosmi when healthy can play, and St. Juste and Forrest have developed into legit starters. Young was a slam dunk pick in 2020 at #2 overall but we also got Gibson in the 3rd and Curl in the 6th was a super steal.

But we have just completely effed up at QB. Not only that but we destroyed what could have been a real good OL. And that's on Ron too.

Yep. The man is a very good defensive minded coach.

That's meant ball control football with solid RBs and linemen that excel at run blocking.

QB seems like a complete enigma to him.

19 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Nah, stop trying to save Taylor from himself.

When he threw that last pick, I knew he was coming out because it felt like such a careless turnover.

You can get away with a lot in the league I'd you don't throw picks like that, you are just another player when you do.

Even if Wentz did suck, the logic switching was if Taylor is going to throw careless interceptions like that, his intangibles over Wentz are moot.  Losing every game in December, had to do something.

I'm not optimistic we win this game with Taylor with all the injuries on defense today. That came to a head and put the game out of reach.

Yes, but Wentz threw three picks today.

We actually experienced a downgrade in one week.

8 minutes ago, El Mexican said:

Yes, but Wentz threw three picks today.

We actually experienced a downgrade in one week.

I don't want to spend too much time defending Wentz because he made me look stupid AF today.

Having said that, that last pick was him trying to save the world because our defense collapsed from the injuries and we were forced into catchup mode.

That's why I'm not buying we win even with Taylor playing, it's not like he would've been able to keep up and outscore Cleveland today.

• Haha 2

39 minutes ago, Redd said:

Food is so bad at FedEx Field. We tried those Guy Fierre chicken tenders. It was cold and hard. I just drink whenever we see games there now.

I haven’t been in the last 5 years.  The last game I went to with friends of mine and we burned the entire way there and in the lot, didn’t cook out this time.  Got into the stadium starved to say the least, paid something like $25 for a beer, standard chicken tenders and fries.  No sauce offered or dispensers to be found.  It was a warm

October day and the food was cold, the chicken tenders texture was like they were microwaved.  It was almost like they went out of their way to make them as absolutely awful as they could on purpose.  It’s tough to screw up chicken tenders and fries.  Those chicken tenders are symbolic for what Dan has done to this franchise.

Edited by BatteredFanSyndrome
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

I don't want to spend too much time defending Wentz because he made me look stupid AF today.

Having said that, that last pick was him trying to save the world because our defense collapsed from the injuries and we were forced into catchup mode.

That's why I'm not buying we win even with Taylor playing, it's not like he would've been able to keep up and outscore Cleveland today.

True. And depressing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BleedBNG said:

We played as good as FedEx makes pretzels

And there are actual Jason Wright defenders out there still.  He was all high and mighty that they were gonna change the food for the better and the game day experience for the better when he got here.  I've not met one person who has attended games in the last few years that has said the experience is one iota better.

Yeah, I can't wait for Dan, Ron and his idiot FO and coaching staff to be gone, but I sure as heck am gonna do a dance the day Jason Wright is no longer a member of this organization.  Talk about a major league fraud.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumb up 1

I was just thinking about it. Some people shrugged  off Rivera not knowing it was a possible elimination game and I kind of understood why they didn’t think it was a big deal.

But…

If they DID know… are guys like Curl, BSJ and Gibson in the lineup today? Meaning, are these guys definitively injured or are they banged up and they wanted to make sure they were available for a must win Dallas game if we lost today?

It could be that they legit just couldn’t go today. Not suggesting otherwise. But I wonder if they would have played had Rivera known what was truly at stake

• Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, KDawg said:

If they DID know… are guys like Curl, BSJ and Gibson in the lineup today? Meaning, are these guys definitively injured or are they banged up and they wanted to make sure they were available for a must win Dallas game if we lost today?

It could be that they legit just couldn’t go today. Not suggesting otherwise. But I wonder if they would have played had Rivera known what was truly at stake

I wondered the same, but Ron does seem to play the long game with health. They shutdown Allen early as well. 

I have no problem him not tracking scenarios. All they had to do is win. They have been in that mode for the last 4 weeks and more or less blew it. We would have lost with Taylor today too. The browns were getting nearly everything they wanted on offense. 

Edited by Leonard Washington
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Lost in all the **** about the offense looking bad, I completely forgot to notice how chase young was playing. Did he play well, poorly, average? 

Not sure about Chase specifically but the defense in general today was terrible.

• Thumb up 1

I was so P.O.'d about "DePerv" Watson being able to 'prance' on our defense on his way out of bounds.  It's already irritating this P.o.S. is even in the league and then  worsened by the fact that 'DePerv' feels he can start strutting on Washington?

With this level of irritation, I am sorely tempted to break my long-time vow to never wish an injury on a player.  But at this point I'm really hoping that, somehow, Karma winds up kicking 'DePerv' Watson in the nuts. This guy is scum!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Dark Acre said:

You have to question whether any QB wants to come here at this point.

Good weapons and run game — just need to fix the O Line which shouldn’t be too hard if it’s prioritized.

Snyder on his way out, too — can’t forget that.

44 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

I’m not upset about being eliminated and I’m not as down on this team as all of you.

Go get Derek Carr and fix the O Line.

Re-sign Payne.

Get corner and LB depth.

A few key upgrades and we should be in a good place.

That's what this team needs. Another teams' QB reject. 

4 hours ago, KDawg said:

I was just thinking about it. Some people shrugged  off Rivera not knowing it was a possible elimination game and I kind of understood why they didn’t think it was a big deal.

But…

Its ok if you are, I've come to realize that Rivera is always either lying or talking fluff/nonsense, so you're completely in your right to question any and all actions by Rivera.

• Like 1