Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Game Prediction Thread - The Commanders @ The 49ers ~ "Playoffs? Playoffs? Did you say Playoffs?"

zCommander

This one will be ugly.  I'm kind of glad it's Christmas Eve and I'll be busy with family stuff.  I haven't felt this defeated in years.  Our o-line is bottom 5 and our d-line is overrated.  The Giants smashed our teeth in and the truth hurts.  San Fran is even better in the trenches.  Ouch! 

San Fran: 31

Us:. 9

4 hours ago, Idaho fan said:

Don't see this game going well for us.

TH pulled after the first quarter as he is ineffective at moving the ball.  Carson goes in and is sacked 8 times. Throws two interceptions before getting pulled for Sam who finishes up the 4th quarter.

9ers 27

Ders 3

Sam, who doesn’t make it through the 4th quarter before being stretchered off with a Chase injury that keeps him out all next year……Commando all the way if you’re going to do it

Well, another case of going up against a former coach/asst who wasn't appreciated.

Yea, we all know Kyle Shanahan has this game circled; he will make an example out of the entire organization and prob hold short of running up the score.

I feel for whoever is at QB for the Commies, they're gonna get buried often.  

I think SF will get more sacks than the Commies get in points, so you know it'll be bad. Just a bad situation all around.

BUT, its not like SF can't be scored on, its the dumb jet sweep runs Turner constantly tries to run that rarely work, and he is clueless as to how to game plan against the SF D.

Commies   6

49ers      31

2 minutes ago, skins island connection said:

Well, another case of going up against a former coach/asst who wasn't appreciated.

Yea, we all know Kyle Shanahan has this game circled; he will make an example out of the entire organization and prob hold short of running up the score.

I feel for whoever is at QB for the Commies, they're gonna get buried often.  

I think SF will get more sacks than the Commies get in points, so you know it'll be bad. Just a bad situation all around.

BUT, its not like SF can't be scored on, its the dumb jet sweep runs Turner constantly tries to run that rarely work, and he is clueless as to how to game plan against the SF D.

Commies   6

49ers      31

Not sure how much of a factor the Kyle Shanahan anger is anymore. He's already played this team 2 or 3 times. 

Call me crazy but I would be not surprised if we go toe to toe with SF until the bitter end.  I think they will probably just run underneath routes since we seem to be incapable of stopping them, but I think we keep it close and lose on the final drive. Which is fine by me because we don’t need to do anymore damage to our draft position than we already have by winning a meaningless game.

2 minutes ago, method man said:

Not sure how much of a factor the Kyle Shanahan anger is anymore. He's already played this team 2 or 3 times. 

the hulk GIF

Kyle upon seeing the match up calendar this week.

13 hours ago, veteranskinsfan said:

Rest of the team cannot recover mentally from home loss to the Giants since it is a short week.  Coaches have no way of motivating the team right now.  Giants loss

was devastating to fans and to players.

One thing RR can do is motivate players.  I think we surprise the 49ers early and hold on.

Commies 20

49ers 10

4 hours ago, method man said:

I dunno....some people hang onto things alot longer than others. I wouldn't be surprised.

11 minutes ago, COWBOY-KILLA- said:

We Show Up and Show Out!!

Washington 23

49ers 20

Because it’s the NFL.

Because thats how this team/coaching works; play up to a good opponent then stink up the joint against a bad team. A month ago they went toe to toe with the Eagles and beat em, on their field, then barely squeak out a win against the Titans. The only thing about this team that is consistent, that is their inconsistency...

• Like 1

I predict..............that I will be there!  Yes it is true, I will be in Levi Stadium to watch this.

Honesty, the only path to victory I see is if we can be the team (defense) that is the first to make Purdy look like a rookie QB selected last in the draft.  I know he has looked very good on ESPN and NFL network, but if you've watched him beyond that, he is throwing plenty of troublesome passes and has sort of had that TH-type luck where DB's just keep dropping them.  The key will be containing CMC so Purdy isn't enjoying 3rd & short every single time.  Force Purdy to shoulder more of the offense and see if the defense can grab a couple turnovers.

Would love to see Chase Young out there, but I'm not counting on it.

I sort of already regret shelling out the money for this because I told myself not to do it unless the team beat the NYG last week, but I already had to miss seeing the Commanders last time they were here (The Chase Young fumble return for a TD game) so I figure why not.  This is the first time I will have seen the team in person playing a meaningful game in December since 2005 in Arizona.   I also am going to approach the game stress free as I am not expecting them to win, and more just holding out a sliver of hope for the unexpected.

Anyone else out here in NorCal going?

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, skins island connection said:

Because thats how this team/coaching works; play up to a good opponent then stink up the joint against a bad team. A month ago they went toe to toe with the Eagles and beat em, on their field, then barely squeak out a win against the Titans. The only thing about this team that is consistent, that is their inconsistency...

That was the Texans. We lost to the titans

13 hours ago, method man said:

And he really wouldn't feel a need to show up Snyder either, I mean what else needs to be done to make Dan a laughingstock

Anyone tailgatting at the 49ers game? I'd love to hang out with other ES crew there 

14 hours ago, NoCalMike said:

I predict..............that I will be there!  Yes it is true, I will be in Levi Stadium to watch this.

Honesty, the only path to victory I see is if we can be the team (defense) that is the first to make Purdy look like a rookie QB selected last in the draft.  I know he has looked very good on ESPN and NFL network, but if you've watched him beyond that, he is throwing plenty of troublesome passes and has sort of had that TH-type luck where DB's just keep dropping them.  The key will be containing CMC so Purdy isn't enjoying 3rd & short every single time.  Force Purdy to shoulder more of the offense and see if the defense can grab a couple turnovers.

Would love to see Chase Young out there, but I'm not counting on it.

I sort of already regret shelling out the money for this because I told myself not to do it unless the team beat the NYG last week, but I already had to miss seeing the Commanders last time they were here (The Chase Young fumble return for a TD game) so I figure why not.  This is the first time I will have seen the team in person playing a meaningful game in December since 2005 in Arizona.   I also am going to approach the game stress free as I am not expecting them to win, and more just holding out a sliver of hope for the unexpected.

Anyone else out here in NorCal going?

I'll be at the game with my daughter and father in law. I see you're in Sac. I'm in Orangevale. 

Edited by HoggLife

This is exactly the type of game this team wins. I predicted a shellacking by the Eagles.  And we won. Following the Giants game, I believe they will be ready to grit it out with the niners.  I think our D line forces Purdy into a few mistakes. Heinike plays well enough to not to lose it.  And Turner will shock us and come up with a good game plan. And I think Robinson will get his yards, maybe not in the beginning, but he will, as the game progresses. 

20-17 - Washington

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, HoggLife said:

Anyone tailgatting at the 49ers game? I'd love to hang out with other ES crew there 

I'll be at the game with my daughter and father in law. I see you're in Sac. I'm in Orangevale. 

Oh nice! I was supposed to be going with a bigger group but once the schedule released and they all saw Christmas Eve....it scared them away.  In fact, I wasn't going to go to the game, but out of character I decided at the last minute to say what the hell and go anyway.  Yeah I know Orangevale, I throw discs at shady oaks frequently.  

Not sure how long you have been around these forums, but I used to be a big tailgater and helped organize the events when the team hit any of the west coast opponents, but I was young & single with more disposable income back then.  Seems like a lifetime ago at this point.  I grabbed a parking pass for the Green Lot, it is in the non-tailgating section, just because for this specific game it is more about getting out of there ASAP after the game because it can be a nightmare.  At least the game is at 1pm so it'll be over by later afternoon and we should be home in time for a "proper Christmas eve"  

I'll admit I am little more dejected going into this game than I would have been had they beat the NYG.  Not that it would have made a huge difference regarding my thoughts on this game, but I think my demeanor would have been different and less stressed.  

This will be my second time at the Stadium, first to see The Commanders.  Hoping for a big upset, but I am also realistic when matching these two teams up with the current available rosters.  If the game is competitive and in question going into the 4th quarter, I will be content. 

36 minutes ago, skinsmania123 said:

This is exactly the type of game this team wins. I predicted a shellacking by the Eagles.  And we won. Following the Giants game, I believe they will be ready to grit it out with the niners.  I think our D line forces Purdy into a few mistakes. Heinike plays well enough to not to lose it.  And Turner will shock us and come up with a good game plan. And I think Robinson will get his yards, maybe not in the beginning, but he will, as the game progresses. 

20-17 - Washington

If they can run the ball effectively and use a similar gameplan offensively to what they used in Philly, they have a chance to win. If they have to pass a lot, Taylor will be sackstripped and throw multiple INTs. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, method man said:

If they can run the ball effectively and use a similar gameplan offensively to what they used in Philly, they have a chance to win. If they have to pass a lot, Taylor will be sackstripped and throw multiple INTs. 

I was thinking they must run a lot more.  And stick to it. And definitely some play-action, yes. If Taylor has drop back and pass, a lot, you are right. We lose. Period.  In games that we won, we have dominated in terms of TOP. One way we beat the Eagles, was keeping the ball away from their offense.