Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Night Thread - Washington vs NY Giants: Round Two. Ding! Ding! Mothaf**kahs!!!

TK
Message added by TK,

1296459415_ScreenShot2022-12-18at11_30_14PM.thumb.png.00b7b0a9cb4052495faf305dc4c24108.png

4 minutes ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

I didn't hear what he said, but Terry wasn't on the line. That's bene a penalty for as long as I've watched football. 

Terry just said he was told by the ref to move up and then asked him if he was good now and the ref said he was good. And that same ref threw the flag. Ref had money on the game. He has to. No other explanation for the refs behavior. 

Edited by zCommander
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Correct. But he looked like he was in line with the OT, who IS on the line. Which means he was on the line. Though they generally want the receiver even with the ball. But tight ends aren’t. It’s an inconsistency with officiating I’ve never understood.

Yeah, that's probably right, A TE who's right there next to the OT isn't gonna get called, but a WR who's a yard off the line is. Seen that cal I don't know how many times. (I'd have to watch it again to see if 87 was lined up with the T)

2 minutes ago, Rex Tomb said:

LOL ref had his hand on the flag before the snap of the ball... unbelievable.

Because he was standing right next to Terry and saw that he hadn’t shuffled up enough to be on the line. He knew that was a flag before the ball was snapped, obviously. It’s annoying it was called but is technically correct—McLaurin could have inched up further and didn’t 

• Thumb up 1

Just now, ananoman said:

They threw the flag in the superbowl for something much much less aggregious on Cooper kupp.

My theory is the NFL wants to hurt Dan for all the hassle he is putting them through

Let’s just say your theory is correct…..If the NFL wants to hurt dan, then they should just force him the **** out, not **** over our players and coaches too

• Like 1

I’m never one to **** and moan about the refs.  I recognize we’ve also been fortunate in other big spots this season ourselves.

But it’s not even debatable, that flag against Terry  never gets thrown.  To make matters worse, he checked with the ref and he pulled his flag anyways.  The Samuel PI was also an easy flag to throw.

Stuff like that does give even rational fans pause. Rightly so.

That said, when you score 12 and give up 10  on offense - bad things happen.  It’s also hard to say we could muster a 2 point conversion even if we had scored.

• Like 3

That needs to be investigated. How can a ref tell a player he's good and then immediately penalize him for it afterwards? 

The ref is lucky Terry is a class dude. Imagine if he did that to a WR like Antonio Brown. He might have commited a felony.

Although maybe that's the problem. Maybe we need Terry to just be more of a complete psycopath ahole so he can actually start getting calls. 

1 minute ago, zCommander said:

Terry just said he was told by the ref to move up and then asked him if he was good now and the ref said he was good. And that same ref threw the flag. Ref had money on the game. He has to. No other explanation for the refs behavior. 

LOL. Nothing against McLaurin, who's a great player and all, but I'm not taking his word for an in depth conversation taking place in the moments before a snap. And just LOL on the idea that the ref has to spend all his time coaching him on where the F to stand. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb down 1

1 minute ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

Yeah, that's probably right, A TE who's right there next to the OT isn't gonna get called, but a WR who's a yard off the line is. Seen that cal I don't know how many times. (I'd have to watch it again to see if 87 was lined up with the T)

But the WR was in the same location the TE would have been. Even with the OT. Which by rule is ON the line. Not off. 

But because the refs are used to receivers being even with the ball versus even with the OT they have always called that as a penalty. 

But it shouldn’t be. It’s consistent with the way it’s always been called but not consistent with the way they call it for the OL/TEs. Which is strange.

And it’s like that at all levels of football.

Just now, Conn said:

Because he was standing right next to Terry and saw that he hadn’t shuffled up enough to be on the line. He knew that was a flag before the ball was snapped, obviously. It’s annoying it was called but is technically correct—McLaurin could have inched up further and didn’t 

Terry said he confirmed with the ref. I'll believe him in a heart beat. I know we've had this conversation before, but this is the 2nd week ina row it was blatant one-sided officiating. You can't tell me that's coincidence.

We did not play well. The referees took it out of our hands. Both statements are true. And we lost by one score...

We were not going to win this game. It was a given.

9 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

The defense was OK but I expected better in a big game like this. Pass rush? Turnovers? 

Yeah, but 13 total points? 

They had one bad drive in the first half and then it looked like just gave up for about 5 plays after the TH fumble. I agree that can’t happen.  But there is a psychological element and when they’ve played pretty well all game and then the offense gives the ball back in scoring position?  I’m sure it took the wind out of their sails there for a moment.

I get that they could have done more.  

But when your defense holds the opponent to 13 points, and your offense gives up the other 7, it’s hard to really that critical of them.  

• Thanks 1

Just now, Rufus T Firefly said:

LOL. Nothing against McLaurin, who's a great player and all, but I'm not taking his word for an in depth conversation taking place in the moments before a snap. And just LOL on the idea that the ref has to spend all his time coaching him on where the F to stand. 

Its actually a thing for players to ask refs if they're lined up okay in that kind of situation and the ref to give the ok. Think Collinsworth mentioned as much. Players talk to refs during games all the time. It doesn't strike me as out of the ordinary. And Terry by all counts is a class guy so I don't think he'd lie about it. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Going Commando said:

This looked really ****ing shady.  The ref was sitting on him and threw the flag right at the snap.  He set Terry up and I can not think of any legitimate reason why he would do that.

I'll give you a hint. He heads the competition committee.

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I get those defending the defense and I agree they aren’t the reason for the loss but IMO they were out played by the Giants defense as to making clutch and game changing plays 

I agree with this but the Giants D also got to play Taylor Heinicke.  That same Giants D got 50 hung on them last week.  That Giants D left our guys wide open on every drive in the first half only for our QB to hold on to the ball.  Taylor also opted to hand off instead of keep 3 times that killed drives.

5 minutes ago, zCommander said:

Santana said the ref had the flag all ready when he told Terry he was ok.