Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Night Thread - Washington vs NY Giants: Round Two. Ding! Ding! Mothaf**kahs!!!

TK
Message added by TK,

1296459415_ScreenShot2022-12-18at11_30_14PM.thumb.png.00b7b0a9cb4052495faf305dc4c24108.png

11 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Toot. Toot. I've been saying since before the draft how much I love this kid. Honestly thought he was gonna be Terry's replacement. Re-signing Terry solidified the WR position for years. Love this combo going forward. 

8 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

6 minutes ago, zCommander said:

Ron is so pissed right now. Holding his tongue back when asked about the DPI. 

6 minutes ago, PolarExpress said:

Ron is PISSED in his press conference.  Wish he showed emotion during the game.  The new owner needs to clean house.  Does not sound like Taylor will be benched.

Ron “DO NOT ASK ME ABOUT THE REFS”….

This is the perfect time for an NFL coach to speak out against the man and eat the fine. I don't like how this one went down. And he shouldn't just keep quiet and accept the outcome. 

Edited by duffy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

The fight at the end was cool. The breaks didn't go our way. Jahan Dotson is a beast. As been said many times we're an OL and QB away. I don't hate this outcome or our team.

Heinicke can finish the season or we can go to Wentz. I'd prefer to see Wentz but either way I'm good. 

Like the plays Forrest, Dotson made today. My expectations are generally lukewarm with some postive. It's not as if we're a Super Bowl contender and our draft position won't change much if we get to the playoffs or not.

See you next week.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AJ* said:

I was shocked by the non-reaction by the team on that blatant pass interference non-call. It's f'n 4th down with the game on the line. You have to get up and plead your case when you have a legitimate right and make the refs own their screw up and AT LEAST try to pressure them into making that call.

Even the coach has no comment on what the entire broadcast, including the NFL ref dude said were 2 BS calls at the end.

But they really really want all the fans to come back to the games... :rofl89:

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

They called a ticky tack penalty on Terry at a critical time.  Terry looked over and MOVED UP, then looked at the linesman again. It was a picayune call at a critical time.  So don’t tell me some bull**** about refs swallowing their whistles at crunch time. 

Piss poor, borderline call at a crucial time.  The they ignore a blatant DPI.  Awful.

LOL. It's not a "tacky-tack" penalty. It's been a rule forever. He was nowhere near being on the line. 

• Thumb down 1

I think the DL is getting too much of a pass. They sucked tonight. SUCKED. Allen made one play, that's it. Payne was completely invisible. Sweat had like one decent play that's it. Not one single sack all night and very little pressure. And they got absolutely ravaged on the last drive when the Giants ran at will when everyone knew that's what they'd be doing.

• Like 3

Just now, Voice_of_Reason said:

TH is awful and they can’t pass protect.  

I’m not exactly sure what Grant is missing. 

He’s making the point that they are squandering thiis. I agree the O line isn’t hot but there are mobile QBs who can play a lot better than Taylor IMO. Wentz isn’t mobile but even he had some games where he showcased some passing game explosion 

Just now, BrentMeisterGeneral said:

Wears a bit thin mate tbh, every year we’re in this position and every year we moan about the refs, I’d take it as a given they are gonna be garbage. So don’t give them an excuse to have such an important swing on the game, execute our end and we’d have been fine, we didn’t and we lost 

That DPI was blatant and obvious. It’s not like the other whining people do. That was an undeniable penalty in a crucial moment of the game.

Having said that… there are other factors. Our defense folded on the drives we needed them… but that is one of our least pressing issues. Though I have concerns with Sweat and think he should be traded this year to fill some of the holes. 

Our entire OL is replacement level.

Our coordinator is too fascinated with running Samuel inside.

Our quarterback cost us the game with big turnovers in big moments. And, the bad snap pass should have been intercepted but the rabbit’s foot saved him. That alone makes the DPI almost a bonus for us to have the opportunity to complain about because Heinicke sunk us on that pass. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, PolarExpress said:

Ron is PISSED in his press conference.  Wish he showed emotion during the game.  The new owner needs to clean house.  Does not sound like Taylor will be benched.

Ron “DO NOT ASK ME ABOUT THE REFS”….

The TH decision isn't something he's going to make and talk about at a post game presser where he's that angry. 

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

2 minutes ago, BrentMeisterGeneral said:

Wears a bit thin mate tbh, every year we’re in this position and every year we moan about the refs, I’d take it as a given they are gonna be garbage. So don’t give them an excuse to have such an important swing on the game, execute our end and we’d have been fine, we didn’t and we lost 

You’re absolutely correct. I don’t like the bad officiating no more than anybody else, but when you’re as bad on offense as we are, every single call stings. 

Just now, Renegade7 said:

Boooooooo!!!!

Defense allowed 13 offensive points.

This isn't the 1980s, you need to score more then that to beat playoff teams in 2022. Especially at home.

👎🏽

Agreed, but that doesn't change the fact that that long drive given up by the defense was incredibly disappointing.

Don't think Rivera was blaming the defense for the loss, just saying how disappointed he was in them for that drive.

1 minute ago, veteranskinsfan said:

Put Wentz in against 49ers and we lose by 4 touchdowns next week.

The offensive line can’t pass protect.

Keep TH in at QB and we lose by whatever the number of points SF wants to score because we will not.

And this argument of TH avoiding sacks… I think it’s starting to be over blown because he really isn’t moving in the pocket, he’s standing in there and taking a beating,  and not getting the ball out quickly.  

Wentz can do all of those things just as “well” but brings the possibility of the big play.  

They aren’t going to win anything with this pass game.  They might be able to get something more from Wentz. They might not be able to. But they have to try.  

• Like 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Warhead36 said:

I think the DL is getting too much of a pass. They sucked tonight. SUCKED. Allen made one play, that's it. Payne was completely invisible. Sweat had like one decent play that's it. Not one single sack all night and very little pressure. And they got absolutely ravaged on the last drive when the Giants ran at will when everyone knew that's what they'd be doing.

The defense was OK but I expected better in a big game like this. Pass rush? Turnovers? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, duffy said:

Toot. Toot. I've been saying since before the draft how much I love this kid. Honestly thought he was gonna be Terry's replacement. Re-signing Terry solidified the WR position for years. Love this combo going forward. 

This is the perfect time for an NFL coach to speak out against the man and eat the fine. I don't like how this one went down. And he shouldn't just keep quiet and accept the outcome. 

I would make a nice donation.

Heinicke is taking sacks too. Wentz would probably take more but its not like Heinicke is out there Lamar Jackson-ing everyone. And two of his sacks resulted in fumbles that cost us 10 points(gave them 7, and prevented us from kicking a FG). 

Honestly I'm not sure if Wentz makes a difference or not but I am curious. I think this offense needs to try to find a spark otherwise I could see us losing out to finish the season(maybe beat Dallas in the finale if they rest guys).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mistertim said:

If you have even a passable offense then you can mitigate a few bad calls. Our offense is inept, and our QB sucks. We put up 12 points on a mediocre, at best, defense. If we had dropped even 20 points on them, those calls would be irrelevant.

So as I said before, Heinicke and the offense both suck, and there were also a couple of terrible calls. Both things can be true, and both things are.

Oh I'm not saying we aren't stagnant on offense other than running. But the refs lost us this game. Now we play a team that puts 40 on us then it doesn't really matter how bad the refs F'd is because we will not be scoring 40 regardless. But that's not the game tonight it was won and lost by the refs 

Just now, FlyBigBeard said:

Oh I'm not saying we aren't stagnant on offense other than running. But the refs lost us this game. Now we play a team that puts 40 on us then it doesn't really matter how bad the refs F'd is because we will not be scoring 40 regardless. But that's not the game tonight it was won and lost by the refs 

The bad call happened and is real. But Heinous did his best to end the game the play before when he threw a pass directly to a defender. So it should have been over even sooner.

2 minutes ago, BraveWarrior said:

The TH decision isn't something he's going to make and talk about at a post game presser where he's that angry. 

Well, he defended him pretty heavily, so I don’t know.  Honestly, I don’t care.  I just want the team sold.

I love how they are making fun of Rivera for punting instead of kicking a FG.  JP Finlay is annoying.