Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Game Prediction Thread - The Commanders vs. The Giants ~ DJ Meets Moxie Maker: Part Deux - Paloffs Is NOW!!!

zCommander

1 hour ago, zCommander said:

SMH at the comments……

”**** you”

”that’s a great idea for employers who want to identify employees that lack any self-respect”

seriously? Going to a game to cheer your favorite team on in a PLAYOFF PUSH, an *important game*, means you have no self-respect? Lmaoooo gtfo with that ****! 

• Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

I never saw this coming when Washington was 1-4.  I was thinking 4-13 with a top 3 pick and a chance at a possible franchise QB.  I'm still not sure how the team went 7-1-1 in its next nine games.  But here they/we are.  I have guarded my heart all year by not desperately wanting them to win and I will do the same Sunday night.

I feel like we are playing with house money, however, because 7-5-1 was far out of the range of possibly in my mind.  Over the years, Washington has gutted the fanbase in games like this with horrible performances.  I don't believe they will lay an egg.  OTOH, I have no idea who is going to win.  

I will pick Washington (27-24) based on the fact that the Giants have been bad for several weeks while Washington has been winning.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Chump Bailey said:

I am amazed at how long he lasted in the league. I always thought he was a terrible coach.

He was Joe Barry awful before Joe Barry redefined awful.  

And he got a HC gig.  And then was the DC of the Cowboys as recently as 2 seasons ago, and was the main reason a really talented defense was putrid.  

Barry is still probably worse.  But not by a lot. 

• Thumb up 1

Finlay made an observation similar to my take from reading the NY papers this week.

A.  Giants are coming at this game as if the world ends if they lose, be all and end all, they come off very determined but also tight.  Billed as Daniel Jones most important game. All hands on deck. 

B.  Commanders, some rhetoric about this being the be all end all but they come off a bit looser than the Giants headed for this one. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise

I got my eye on a pair of tickets for next Saturday at Levi Stadium, but I am holding out for a win tomorrow night first.  I just see the game tomorrow night as basically being our "tea leaves" game.  Win, and they likely only need 1 more win to secure a playoff spot, that way I can go to the 49ers game with the attitude of whatever happens, happens, and I am just happy to be able to watch the team in person.  If they lose, then suddenly they are scrambling to possibly need 2 out of their last 3 games to be wins.....and that 49ers game could send them back to .500.    

1 hour ago, Panninho said:

A Colts win today would be good news for us. 49ers would leapfrog the Vikings into the #2 spot. Which means that if we secure the #6 spot we will most likely play the Vikings and not the 49ers. That would definitely a winnable game.

It would mean we REALLY. Would need to get the 6 spot because l don’t think anybody is beating the 49ers in SF.  Unless Purdy turns into a pumpkin. 

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

Finlay made an observation similar to my take from reading the NY papers this week.

A.  Giants are coming at this game as if the world ends if they lose, be all and end all, they come off very determined but also tight

B.  Commanders, some rhetoric about this being the ball and end all but they come off a bit looser than the Giants headed for this one. 

Only issue with scenario A is if our defense forces a turnover early, or if the offense comes out efficiently like the first game, maybe the Giants start pressing or pushing panic button too early and they end up making mistakes on the field.

I honestly expect both teams to look the same for the most part as far as the gameplan.  If there is one team that has more options to adjust it is the Commanders because of all the weapons they have. all the pre snap motion they do etc etc.....the Giants besides Barkley who isn't 100% and DJ's legs.....what exactly else are they going to be able to focus on making happen with any kind of consistency?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

Only issue with scenario A is if our defense forces a turnover early, or if the offense comes out efficiently like the first game, maybe the Giants start pressing or pushing panic button too early and they end up making mistakes on the field.

I honestly expect both teams to look the same for the most part as far as the gameplan.  If there is one team that has more options to adjust it is the Commanders because of all the weapons they have. all the pre snap motion they do etc etc.....the Giants besides Barkley who isn't 100% and DJ's legs.....what exactly else are they going to be able to focus on making happen with any kind of consistency?

Tough for me to guess which attitude is the better one for this game.  I read the NY sports pages (as a Yankee fan) almost everyday that includes reading Giants players quotes -- and they definitely rhetroic wise seem really amped up for this game and more so than the typical game.  But I agree if they are too tight, if things start going awry for the Giants they might press. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise

8 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Tough for me to guess which attitude is the better one for this game.  I read the NY sports pages (as a Yankee fan) almost everyday that includes reading Giants players quotes -- and they definitely rhetroic wise seem really amped up for this game and more so than the typical game.  But I agree if they are too tight, if things start going awry for the Giants they might press. 

I mean lets consider the situation, there is no reason for either team not to be super amped up for the game.  It's an NFC East division game in December with the loser's playoff chances pretty much dropping from 80% to under 50% if they lose.  If either team isn't extremely amped up for this, I am not sure how else you get them amped.  I also think another aspect to consider is how often is Fed Ex rocking lately?  Not just well attended, but that actual crazy loud non-stop playoff atmosphere?  That could help the Commanders defense if the Giants try to pull something like going pass heavy early.  A couple false starts or holding penalties early.......

Ron mentioned during the bye that a lot of guys were coming in and then half the team showed up Monday. I think these guys are locked in

Some items to keep an eye on:

- Cosmi - You will have both Turner and Cosmi back for this game so it’ll be interesting to see how they use Cosmi. The safe play is to use him at RG to take on Williams. The interesting play is to start Turner at RG and use Cosmi as a  sixth OL on the outside along with rotating in with Lucas. The reason why they consider this is because the TEs were terrible pass blocking last game. With 6 OLs, you are better equipped to deal with Martindale’s blitzes. Furthermore, Cosmi can get to the second level on the outside as a run blocker and possibly open up some lanes for BRob and Gibson on the outside, which is where you would want to run on this D anyway

- 5 man front: This package with Ridgeway in the middle has been awesome this season. It allows Payne and Allen to have 1 on 1’s against a couple mediocre at best guards. Not only is this a great way to stop Barkley at the LOS or behind it with all the beef up front but it is also a way to generate consistent pressure without sacrificing at the second level if they use a lot of Toohill who can play a hybrid LB/DE role

- The spy: On Jones’s 21 yd run, Keim believes the “spy” was Bostic who overran the play. This week, that spy needs to be Kam (would be Jamin if we had another starting caliber LB). With Bellinger coming in compromised, they can trust other guys to contain him

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

10 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

A.  Giants are coming at this game as if the world ends if they lose, be all and end all, they come off very determined but also tight.  Billed as Daniel Jones most important game. All hands on deck. 

B.  Commanders, some rhetoric about this being the be all end all but they come off a bit looser than the Giants headed for this one. 

But the Commanders face a tough road game (at FedEx)... this has to account for something.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

At what point do they just admit defeat and quit wasting the roster spot on him?

I had screws taken out of my ankle 2 months ago. This week I flew to STT for another surgery because of complications and then ended up in the ER two days later.

There is a huge mental aspect to coming back from something like this. Especially when you're young and invincible.

Chase can take as  much time as he'd like or they think he needs. 

I'm glad Rons in charge of something like this, because it could mean everything for his career.

10 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

I had screws taken out of my ankle 2 months ago. This week I flew to STT for another surgery because of complications and then ended up in the ER two days later.

There is a huge mental aspect to coming back from something like this. Especially when you're young and invincible.

Chase can take as  much time as he'd like or they think he needs. 

I'm glad Rons in charge of something like this, because it could mean everything for his career.

I never legitimately expected him to see the field to begin with.  Just seems a waste of a roster spot if they aren’t going to pull the trigger.  I see no reason to push it at this juncture.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I never legitimately expected him to see the field to begin with.  Just seems a waste of a roster spot if they aren’t going to pull the trigger.  I see no reason to push it at this juncture.

There's got to be a reason for it. They just worked the roster/IR really well with Wentz ad the Oline, so it's obviously not being overlooked. 

This is one aspect of having a vet HC like Ron is a plus.

• Like 2