Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Next Day Thread: Giants I: Keep it Medium

KDawg

16 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Sucks because he was playing well. I'd like to bring him back and he should be cheap coming off an injury.

Even though I think Holcomb is a fine player, I'd prefer it if they brought in a bigger LB that played more downhill to pair with jamin Davis. I think this is especially important with how run heavy the eagles and giants have been trending in recent years.

Nothing wrong with depth, though. I guess it depends on cost.

Edited by SpacePenguin

2 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

You can give most of the credit to Dotson for the actual TD but someone had to get him the ball, but the 4th down conversion where he's on the run and delivers a great ball to Samuel. Whatever it is about Heinicke, the guy has magic in end of game situations. But man we do have some real talent at the skill positions. McLaurin is legitimately elite. Dotson is very good too and Samuel is a player. Robinson/Gibson is a heck of a RB duo. If we can just shore up the OL and get a real QB, the possibilities are endless....

I agree. TH made an incredible play and throw right there running for his life, as was most of the game.

A better O-line is necessary for the inevitable new guy or TH himself. 

Yesterday's game was a great example of TH's value. Without him NYG would have racked up 8+ sacks.

His mobility and quick decision making are good assets.

• Like 3

Next day and it still feel like we ****ing tied or something.. 😬 

We need to address our pass protection or TH (or possibly Howell) is going to be the future we're stuck with.. We get a pass 1st/pocket QB and we'll get him killed and the D will be on the field 2x as much. 

I hate complaining about the refs. We’ve largely been gifted two wins from Ref play this year with the colts tackle by the ref. The very iffy at best pass interferences against the bears that gave us 6 points for our only offense in the entire game 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Zim489 said:

I hate complaining about the refs. We’ve largely been gifted two wins from Ref play this year with the colts tackle by the ref. The very iffy at best pass interferences against the bears that gave us 6 points for our only offense in the entire game 

Shhh, you are just asking for a Mr. JL thumbs down.  🤣

Seriously though, it felt odd during this streak to not have the pivotal drive killing penalties I’d become accustomed to.  

• Haha 1
  • Thumb up 1

6 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Seriously though, it felt odd during this streak to not have the pivotal drive killing penalties I’d become accustomed to.

Nope just 2 different games ending on roughing the punter. The odds of that are so beyond small just like everything else that keeps happening with this team. 

21 minutes ago, Zim489 said:

The ref tackle in the Colts game?  Aren’t you talking about the Vikings game that we lost?

• Like 2

after not feeling screwed by the refs all year or most of the year, yesterday just felt icky. The picked up flag on the DPI at the 1/2 yd line was huge, the phantom block in the back call was huge... agreed that we've been strangely free of these kind of calls and even the beneficiary most of the season. hell , in the MN game they let us abuse their WRs. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Zim489 said:

I mean call a spade a spade. If you can say we were gifted in those games its fair to say we were shafted in this one. And we were. Its ok no one is going to think you are a sore loser for being honest. 

Yes they had chances to win the game. Yes the refs screwed us. Yes the refs have screwed other teams we have played. its not a zero sum game. 

edit: spelling is hard 

Edited by Llevron
  • Like 1
  • Thumb up 2

3 minutes ago, TradeTheBeal! said:

Despite all the adversity we faced yesterday, I can’t help but feel very confident about our rematch after the bye.

Same. We played our worse game in weeks and walked away with a tie. 

And that confidence is what makes me worried the most lol. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Imagine how many times our opponents fans said the same thing during our win streak.  What goes around generally comes around. 

The missed facemask on the turnover on the Eagles might be the most egregious missed call the entire season in the NFL, and it benefited us greatly.  

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

The missed facemask on the turnover on the Eagles might be the most egregious missed call the entire season in the NFL, and it benefited us greatly.  

That’s fair but missing it live is what it is.  Clearly after replay it was obvious, but they can’t throw a flag on a replay.

The most egregious play of the year, or decade at least, is the Samuel “touchdown” against the Vikes after the ref took out a defender. 😭

15 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

That’s fair but missing it live is what it is.  Clearly after replay it was obvious, but they can’t throw a flag on a replay.

I vote for the coach gets 1 replay per game to be challenged. This will put a spotlight on the refs to do better. And if an infraction is turned over the ref gets less money for that game.

Also a flag shouldn't be picked up after it is thrown. Refs and fans will need to live with that decision.

1 hour ago, Zim489 said:

I don't recall a Colts tackle by the ref.  I do recall one against the Vikings, in a game we went on to lose

I see talk about good teams overcoming bad reffing but it seems to me that good teams tend to have to overcome one bad call, we have to overcome four or five

Edited by MrJL