Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Washington at New Jersey ~ Moxie Blinders Edition

TK
Message added by TK,

973072700_ScreenShot2022-12-04at4_31_42PM.thumb.png.19a6e3e0e6511360c4c85258c2975af0.png

Sweat was frustrating today for sure. Is it a coincidence that after he went out with concussion, the defense seemed to straighten up? 

I still like his talent though and he has the potential to be a game wrecker with his length and athleticism. I believe he's top 10 in PFF ratings for Edge players. But he'll be 27 at the start of next season which, while not old, isn't super young either. Someone mentioned that this might be his ceiling and they may be right.

before the game I said that with Cosmi in at RG instead of Charles we must have no faith in Charles. We ended the game with Martin at C and Schweitzer at RG instead of Schweitzer at C and Charles at RG so I stand by that.  And I'm pretty sure Martin was responsible for calling the protection that got Taylor leveled in OT

Hopefully we end up with Tyler or Wes at C and Cosmi or Turner at RG in two weeks

Despite so many people wanting to put this on Taylor I think it was far more on the OL and the refs, because the refs were atrocious. Besides the pass rush constantly getting through it also hurt the running game some.  I also wish we'd tried a few more outside runs with Robinson

Hopefully St. Juste and Young will be available in two weeks to help shore up the D

• Thumb up 1

https://www.bleachernation.com/bears/2022/12/02/if-youre-looking-for-outside-of-the-box-offensive-line-options-what-about-matt-paradis/

Former Panther.  A huge position of need now that Larsen appears to be on the shelf for a bit.  We can offer him a bye week to get settled in, a team with playoff aspirations, and a team that has a giant opportunity at center this year and beyond.  We save about 5 mil by cutting Roullier.  If Paradis can do the job for less, and fills the need immediately, we could also win him over by offering another year on the deal.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

11 minutes ago, rumplestilskin said:

I dunno about that. A little harsh dont you think? He is playing pretty solid this year.

Definitely a little harsh. But today imo definitively answered the pay Payne vs pay Sweat debate for anyone who still has questions about that imo

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

3 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

The grounds guy at the stadium late in the week heard from the league that they were going to decide between 4:30 Saturday the 17th and 8:20 on the 18th, and we’d know Monday morning. 

I'd rather it be the 17th.  Give the Giants one less day to prep/recover after their Eagles game.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 2

7 minutes ago, MrJL said:

before the game I said that with Cosmi in at RG instead of Charles we must have no faith in Charles. We ended the game with Martin at C and Schweitzer at RG instead of Schweitzer at C and Charles at RG so I stand by that.  And I'm pretty sure Martin was responsible for calling the protection that got Taylor leveled in OT

Hopefully we end up with Tyler or Wes at C and Cosmi or Turner at RG in two weeks

Despite so many people wanting to put this on Taylor I think it was far more on the OL and the refs, because the refs were atrocious. Besides the pass rush constantly getting through it also hurt the running game some.  I also wish we'd tried a few more outside runs with Robinson

Hopefully St. Juste and Young will be available in two weeks to help shore up the D

It’s a shame, but Charles gives us nothing.  They went with Turner as Schweitzer’s back up in game 1.  I’m not sure if he had practiced all offseason.

The Heinicke experience is one where they are competitive if most things around him go right.  Today it didn’t.  Especially the penalties.  The block in the back call on Thomas was a killer.  And the PI that got picked up.  Awful.

2 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

It’s a shame, but Charles gives us nothing.  They went with Turner as Schweitzer’s back up in game 1.  I’m not sure if he had practiced all offseason.

The Heinicke experience is one where they are competitive if most things around him go right.  Today it didn’t.  Especially the penalties.  The block in the back call on Thomas was a killer.  And the PI that got picked up.  Awful.

then it might be time to dress Chris Paul over Charles

15 minutes ago, KillBill26 said:

https://www.bleachernation.com/bears/2022/12/02/if-youre-looking-for-outside-of-the-box-offensive-line-options-what-about-matt-paradis/

Former Panther.  A huge position of need now that Larsen appears to be on the shelf for a bit.  We can offer him a bye week to get settled in, a team with playoff aspirations, and a team that has a giant opportunity at center this year and beyond.  We save about 5 mil by cutting Roullier.  If Paradis can do the job for less, and fills the need immediately, we could also win him over by offering another year on the deal.

tore his ACL last year and apparently didn't have a team to rehab with in the offseason if he's an FA now.  Maybe a futures guy at the end of the season, but I can't see him being useful now

• Thumb up 2

1 hour ago, Panninho said:

No one will talk about it this week but we were up 10 points and had a 4th&1 at around our 40. We punted and they immediately scored a TD. 

If this is the other way round this would be talked about until the end of the season.

I think the Eagles would go for it there and I think we should have done that also. Let Robinson get that 1 yard and keep it moving.

If only the game were a quarter long!

but really, our D had been handling and disrupting the Giants O up until that point.  

that certainly worked into Ron’s decision to punt and put our D Line back at work forcing turnovers against Danny Dimes.

oh well, I’ll take a divisional, road draw…. All this World Cup is wearing off on me