Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Washington at New Jersey ~ Moxie Blinders Edition

TK
Message added by TK,

973072700_ScreenShot2022-12-04at4_31_42PM.thumb.png.19a6e3e0e6511360c4c85258c2975af0.png

6 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Checking in from Epcot. A tie? That’s all either team managed to do.

Just want to log the official result—once again you were incorrect in your prediction. If my count is correct, that extends your historical streak to 11 correct calls and 1,725,339 incorrect calls. 

Edited by Conn
  • Haha 3
  • Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, CapsSkins said:

Why do you say this? Did Rivera make an announcement?

I think they should go back to Wentz.  

I dont think they can. Heinike is 6-1-1 as a starter. Yes he is a limited player. But he is winning right now. You cant bench him and send that signal to the rest of the team. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Conn said:

That coaching was cowardly but Heinicke tried to give that game away a half dozen times down the stretch, they were terrified of him and coaching completely around him. I don’t know how they don’t bench him with two weeks to prepare, but they won’t. I get it, Wentz looked bad when the OL was bad and the OL is currently bad. But damn these coaches are terrified of Heinicke. 

This is what I don't understand. They are the coaches and have the power to make a switch at the QB position. If they are terrified of Heinicke making bad plays and just generally sucking ass, why does he still play? Its on the staff if they have no answer to the QB position. He was sacked 5 times and pressured on almost all of his drop backs today. How would the other two have fared? My answer to this is our Oline can't protect anyone regardless of whom is calling the plays. Howell must not be ready at all or even close to not put him in. It just sucks that this is where we are right now. What I wouldn't give for Scherff and Williams type players right now.

Edited by tmandoug1
Internet triple post
  • Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

Just now, clskinsfan said:

I dont think they can. Heinike is 6-1-1 as a starter. Yes he is a limited player. But he is winning right now. You cant bench him and send that signal to the rest of the team. 

Depends on the vibe of the team.  They aren’t dumb, they are more than present for the display.  But yeah, I’d agree that a tie, after the GTD probably keeps him started GM for another week.

5 minutes ago, Panninho said:

No one will talk about it this week but we were up 10 points and had a 4th&1 at around our 40. We punted and they immediately scored a TD. 

If this is the other way round this would be talked about until the end of the season.

I think the Eagles would go for it there and I think we should have done that also. Let Robinson get that 1 yard and keep it moving.

It’s all I’ve been thinking about since the punt. A team with balls goes for that and tries to put their division rival away early, especially the way we were running. And even if you fail…well; they ended up scoring a TD after the punt anyways. 

• Like 2

Let me use a gambling analogy. 

In Blackjack if you have a 16 against a dealer 10, you're happy with a tie(push in Blackjack terms).

This is what this was. Down 7 in the 4th with all our OL injuries was essentially holding a 16 against a dealer 10. But we drew a four, stood on 20, dealer showed another face card, and we get our money back.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumb up 3

Just now, London Kev said:

Yeah, that missed FG spoiled one of the greatest sporting occasions of my life. I felt numb for days after that.

It was surreal.

It was the quietest exit from a stadium that we've ever experienced.

Everyone just milled around muttering.

We really enjoyed your city, though.

• Thumb up 2

Just now, clskinsfan said:

Yeah like it or not I think that 90 yard drive earned him another week.

I just wish they would do more PA bootlegs instead of 5 step drop backs out of shotgun. I feel like it takes every ounce of Taylor’s strength to get the ball over the Oline. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, lavar1156 said:

Tie is on Turner. Should have won it on our first drive.

I'm not sure if I can blame Turner. It was 2nd and 7 or 8 at, what, the Giant 43 ish? You don't wanna settle for a long FG, but at the same time you don't wanna get sacked either. He calls back to back running plays and we lose yards both times.

But you saw what happened when we try to pass. Thibodeaux was coming in literally unblocked. 

The high % option was running it twice and trying to kick a game winning 50 ish yarder. It didn't work out. But I'm not sure I can blame Turner.

A tie in New York might as well be a win considering they are one of the few teams that can beat us at our own game and that was in their house.

Taking the ball out of Taylor's hands almost cost us the game, but asking him to end it right before regulation looked fruitless.  Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

I don't see how they go back to Wentz, either, now, even if I disagree.  If for any reason they are either tying or outright beating division rivals as good or better then them on the road even with Taylor at QB.

If we willing to do stuff like play for ties, we clearly fine with what he brings to the table.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Warhead36 said:

I'm not sure if I can blame Turner. It was 2nd and 7 or 8 at, what, the Giant 43 ish? You don't wanna settle for a long FG, but at the same time you don't wanna get sacked either. He calls back to back running plays and we lose yards both times.

But you saw what happened when we try to pass. Thibodeaux was coming in literally unblocked. 

The high % option was running it twice and trying to kick a game winning 50 ish yarder. It didn't work out. But I'm not sure I can blame Turner.

I blame Turner for the pass on first down inside the 10. Why there? Run it. That’s a bad spot to try to throw. Heinicke is a mistake waiting to happen in that situation and the offensive line can’t protect him anyways. At that point you say, “okay, a tie keeps us alive and we’ve been running well so we may still win this anyways, let’s pound the rock”.

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

Just now, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Technically he half-won ;) but also half-lost 

Ties are neither technically a "half-win" nor a "half-loss"... epistemically, they are their own thing! What you mean is that for the purposes of standings, they are treated like a "half-win" or "half-loss".

But Taylor did not lead the team to a win today. Ron can make the switch to Wentz if he wants. I think he should!