Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread: Washington at Houston - They've got oil, we've got MOXIE

TK

7 hours ago, zCommander said:

NFL Research: With his performance Sunday, Curtis Samuel is now one of four WRs in the Super Bowl era with 600-plus rush yards, six-plus rush TDs, 2,500-plus receiving yards and 15-plus receiving TDs in a career. The other players are Jerry Rice, Tyreek Hill and Eric Metcalf.

I thought Metcalf was always a RB

We almost beat the Vikings, but lose: the media seems to think all is right with the world.

We beat the Eagles: the media seems to think its a fluke.

We beat the Texans: Media doesn't care

Eagles barely beat the Colts: Media says they're going to the SB!

Cowboys beat Vikings: Media seems to think they're going to somehow beat the Eagles in the first NFCE SuperBowl!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Simmsy said:

We almost beat the Vikings, but lose: the media seems to think all is right with the world.

Cowboys beat Vikings: Media seems to think they're going to somehow beat the Eagles in the first NFCE SuperBowl!!!

Dean Norris Reaction GIF by CBS

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

I’ll go on record as saying I wanted our offense to score more TDs against them, instead of FGs, but I didn’t know that defensive statistic about the Texans. Interesting. 

the Texans allowed 30+ twice this season (and 29 to Philly) so I was definitely hoping we’d score at least another TD to put us at 30.

Would have been 30 if Gibby scores.....probably more if our play calling in the redzone had been a bit more effective. But I will take the win and look forward to next week.

20 minutes ago, tmandoug1 said:

Would have been 30 if Gibby scores.....probably more if our play calling in the redzone had been a bit more effective. But I will take the win and look forward to next week.

I don't know if he just wanted to end the game or if he didn't want to run the score up.... but he should've ran that ball in.  In this league, you give a team 60 seconds of game clock and they can muster up 2 TDs in that time.  Look at the Cowboys game... 40-3.  I'm not saying I'd want to beat a team that badly but it would be fine for us to score one more time.

2 hours ago, Simmsy said:

At some point, we’ve gotta stop with the us against the media angle.  If you look back at history, they’ve been a lot more right than they’ve been wrong as it pertains to this team.

If we are honest with ourselves, it’s completely logical to be of the opinion that both the Cowboys and Eagles are significantly better than us, even having beat the Eagles last week.  Both of those teams have a QB, and until we do - we will always be overlooked when it comes to these discussions.

I for one, am not looking forward to the season finale against the Cowboys.  Unless of course they lose some pieces to injury.  Never one to root for that, but let’s just say I won’t shed a tear if they lose some key pieces to their D or OL.

Edited by BatteredFanSyndrome
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Peregrine said:

The Texans have allowed an average of 23 PPG this season over 10 games, so it would be pretty insane to think a "decent" offense would score 40 on them.

But.... you know... I guess looking things up is hard sometimes.

And our offense dropped a whopping 16 on them. Our offense is problematic.

51 minutes ago, SkinsWmsbg said:

I don't know if he just wanted to end the game or if he didn't want to run the score up.... but he should've ran that ball in.  In this league, you give a team 60 seconds of game clock and they can muster up 2 TDs in that time.  Look at the Cowboys game... 40-3.  I'm not saying I'd want to beat a team that badly but it would be fine for us to score one more time.

He slid too early.  If he slides a yard or two later, the game is over.

1 minute ago, justice98 said:

If he scores, it's over.  The Texans weren't scoring at all, let alone 20 in 2 minutes.

He gets the first down, you’re kneeling.  He scores, you kick-off and put your defense back on the field.  Both options have the same end result for the game.  The second option puts unnecessary opportunity on the players to get hurt on meaningless snaps.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Simmsy said:

The media would love it if the Eagles or Dal@ss makes it to the SB.  That's the popular narrative.  I think once Snyder is gone, the media portrayal of this team will be a lot more positive.  

14 hours ago, NoCalMike said:

I think what's being missed here by some (not all) is that most of us who think a healthy Wentz should be starting over Heinicke aren't necessarily Wentz enthusiasts, just that we are seeing the production of Heinicke behind a O-line healthy & more consistent, (same guys lining up and starting next to each other for multiple games in a row) good running game and stout defense that is holding every opponent under 20 points, yet still not playing particularly well and wondering to ourselves how did the coaches opinion on Wentz change so drastically that even when healthy, they don't view him as the better option.  It's not like this is 2020 or even some of 2021 where Heinicke is taking off and running all the time, or doing anything out there to show a clear competitive advantage.  He is not throwing for very much yardage, until today against a 1 win team, was throwing at least one costly INT every game (and today he threw two right into the hands of defenders that were dropped), is nearly non-existent as a QB in the red zone etc etc......if I was watching Heinicke and seeing an upgraded and/or different caliber QB the I saw the previous two seasons then okay, lets chat, but he still relatively looks like the same guy.  

The running game right now is a luxury and doing a lot of the heavy lifting, but we are fooling ourselves if we think the offense was constructed personnel-wise to be this slow prodding low-risk, low ceiling style.  In fact quite the opposite, the very fact that the running game is producing, should be an enhancement to the passing game, but it hasn't really been all that much. Why do we think that is?   Why did the offense struggle to do much more than score a single TD?   Every area of the team has improved over the last 5 games except one. 

71n5hw.jpg

• Haha 4
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, FootballZombie said:

Maybe we should be spreading more luv to our Dline coach... or Kerrigan.

They have been so much more effective this year.

Yep. Idk why the timing of it was so weird, but firing Mills was obviously the right call. That unit from top to bottom has flourished.