Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Monday Night Game Night Thread: Washington at Philly - Heinicke's Last Stand, Wentz if it Hurts

TK
Message added by TK,

1520763020_ScreenShot2022-11-14at11_09_58PM.thumb.png.f702b5530a184659b9ace0bd422e8112.png

53 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

Such a strange place for me. I had committed to being out on this team until Snyder is gone. Well he's not gone so was I rooting again?  Of course halfway through the game I had my answer.   I sure didn't want to see the Eagles go undefeated and this ends that talk.  

I'm right there with ya, brother.

This was the first time this season I was rooting for the team rather than watching for comedic value or to root against Snyder.

Even just the realistic possibility of him selling has me wanting to come back. It needs to happen for me to stick around, though.

And, to be honest, this team is now a lot easier to root for. Playing with a lot of heart and with a killer defense. It ain't pretty, but I can root for it.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

However, at the same time, seeing Heinicke lobby for it and then get all excited is a bit off-putting.

I call it situational awareness.

He knew the offence needed a first down to run out the clock. He just won the game with that play and he knew it.

Same thing with one of his kneel downs where he don’t go down immediately and ran off another few seconds. 

Or even throwing away the hard snap and averting disaster.

He’s a heady/smart football player.

Hes not without flaws…. but he’s the best we have right now. And the team is at least competitive with him. And that’s all we can ask for these days.

• Like 14

27 minutes ago, Die Hard said:

I never thought the Eagles looked flat. They looked like a confident team that was hanging around waiting for Washington to inevitably self-implode. We’ve all seen it enough.

Agree.  Watching GMF, and a lot of emphasis on the facemask missed call and the roughing the passer call which they challenged.  Give me a break.  They dominated that game, dominated it.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Llevron said:

You know I am interested in what’s going on in Scott Turners head. I used to think he was a pass heavy, motion heavy attack down field kind of guy. But when he commits to the run like this he looks best. 

Hopefully he’s finally figured out a formula that works best for the players he has.

Man Cosmi once again went to work in the run game. On that Robinson TD, he basically created the road for Robinson on the 12 yard run before the TD on his own (he reached around Cox and drove him back 5 yards 1 on 1) and then pushed Robinson forward (when he reached over the line for the TD) against two Eagles defenders.

We need to get him involved again. I am not surprised we were able to gain 3-5 yards on almost every run play with him getting 50% of the snaps.

38 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Agree.  Watching GMF, and a lot of emphasis on the facemask missed call and the roughing the passer call which they challenged.  Give me a break.  They dominated that game, dominated it.

I mean we have seen that before. No one talks about the ridiculous DPI call against St-Juste, the even more egregious OPI call against Dotson and the missed DPI call against Samuel and focuses on the two calls that went against the Eagles.

Do you think they would talk about the missed facemask call if the roles were reversed? They would absolutely not.

I guess it's because they are a good team, a contender, and we are not. At least not in the public perception. It feels like you need to earn the media's respect to get the talking points. We haven't done that. Hopefully that changes with a new owner and some sustained on-field success.

• Like 2

Shame I didn't get to watch that one live.

49 Rush attempts. More runs than Philly had plays.

I'm pretty sure we re-defined Bill Callahan's vision of heaven yesterday.

Absolute bonkers commitment and execution of the only gameplan Scott can call right now. Sucked the air outta the Eagles O's lungs. 

60-to-40 run/pass ratio. You'd think looking at the box score we were playing in a monsoon or blizzard.

Need to continue to spread the love around on RB touches. Getting McK back would help a ton.

That is another advantage of our multi-headed rushing attack. One guy alone would have died with that much focus on the rungame. I love that our backfield is no longer a one man show.

Dare I think it could be extremely advantageous for a QB about to get sacked to just Kneel Armstrong it and get the potentially easy personal foul.

If QBs do that a few times the league will be in a quandary with their overprotecting of QBs. LBs and DL will have to hurdle to avoid contact and will still probably hit the QB in the helmet.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, RandyHolt said:

If QBs do that a few times the league will be in a quandary with their overprotecting of QBs. LBs and DL will have to hurdle to avoid contact and will still probably hit the QB in the helmet.

That decision has been made and die cast.  League will overprotect QBs to the detriment of pass rushers because QBs are the marquee players they can market and offense sells.  The rise of the hybrid QBs owes itself to the league protecting the QBs imo.  In a league where they can't field 32 high level starters, they are not jeopardizing a QB's health to squeeze a few more sacks out of the defense.

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, RandyHolt said:

Dare I think it could be extremely advantageous for a QB about to get sacked to just Kneel Armstrong it and get the potentially easy personal foul.

He took a knee and 5 minutes later he got hit not once but twice. This is completely different than the ticky tack call for hitting him late or to low or in the helmet and so on. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, RandyHolt said:

I'm  not sure refs would always call it. Inside two minutes with the leading team with the ball the d should be thinking about a kneeling qb

5 minutes ago, tmandoug1 said:

He took a knee and 5 minutes later he got hit not once but twice. This is completely different than the ticky tack call for hitting him late or to low or in the helmet and so on. 

The call on Graham was understandable, but are there really people who would've been OK if the first guy who touched Heinicke from more of the side would've been flagged?

35 minutes ago, bearrock said:

That decision has been made and die cast.  League will overprotect QBs to the detriment of pass rushers because QBs are the marquee players they can market and offense sells.  The rise of the hybrid QBs owes itself to the league protecting the QBs imo.  In a league where they can't field 32 high level starters, they are not jeopardizing a QB's health to squeeze a few more sacks out of the defense.

I'll be the salmon that swims upstream.  We will watch the games no matter who the QBs are. And check this out. Some fans love to see QBs take hits like everyone else and live with the ramifications.  Have there been less QB injuries this year?  Dak Tua Carson Tannenhill Murray Stafford Pickett missed time just off the top of my head... did Miami fans not watch because Tua was out?  The NFL can literally do no wrong and will not lose viewers IMO. Ignoring Commanders fans, ironically.  It may be premature - but we're back?!

Edited by RandyHolt

1 hour ago, Llevron said:

You know I am interested in what’s going on in Scott Turners head. I used to think he was a pass heavy, motion heavy attack down field kind of guy. But when he commits to the run like this he looks best. 

Its what works best for our OLine talent at this point. They are much better at run blocking than pass blocking

7 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

The call on Graham was understandable, but are there really people who would've been OK if the first guy who touched Heinicke from more of the side would've been flagged?

The first guy was not high or close the hit from Graham was 2-3 seconds late 

6 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

I watched it again just now and I agree with you.....that would have been very ticky tack to call the first guy.

Thought the score was 32-21.