Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The All Things PLAYOFFS 2022 Thread

kleese

So you're telling a 7th rd pick in SF can come in and look more than competent at QB, yet there is no possible way our 5th rd QB with much better pedigree can come in and add some life to this passing game? I call BS. Granted Shanahan is a muuuuch better coach than anything we have here... but cmon..  Washington isnt going very deep in the playoffs if it cant put up more than 20 points a game.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

8 minutes ago, oraphus said:

So you're telling a 7th rd pick in SF can come in and look more than competent at QB, yet there is no possible way our 5th rd QB with much better pedigree can come in and add some life to this passing game? I call BS. Granted Shanahan is a muuuuch better coach than anything we have here... but cmon..  Washington isnt going very deep in the playoffs if it cant put up more than 20 points a game.

You do realize Kyle was in same position and didn’t make the change either, right? Purdy replaced injured QB; which is exactly what Howell would have done had TH gotten hurt. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

9 minutes ago, oraphus said:

Offensive Line matters and SF has a better one including some guy named Trent Williams. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, kleese said:

You do realize Kyle was in same position and didn’t make the change either, right? Purdy replaced injured QB; which is exactly what Howell would have done had TH gotten hurt. 

he started a 7th rd rookie and didnt even try to bring in competition. Having that kind of faith in your qb is beyond just next man up.  Yes, SF O-line is better but its not like Howell is not mobile.  I am half joking anyway.... just irritated that the only place we are going with Heini is out of any decent pick for a franchise QB next year. 

• Thumb up 1

9 minutes ago, oraphus said:

he started a 7th rd rookie and didnt even try to bring in competition. Having that kind of faith in your qb is beyond just next man up.  Yes, SF O-line is better but its not like Howell is not mobile.  I am half joking anyway.... just irritated that the only place we are going with Heini is out of any decent pick for a franchise QB next year. 

They were in on Mayfield but Rams beat them on waivers.

• Like 1

Don’t look now but Panthers finally score another TD and are back up on Seattle by 10 with 7 mins left in the 4th.

Panthers running the same playbook with Darnold that we do with Heinicke. Run, run, and run some more.

Geno Smith looking like there’s a reason he hasn’t been a starter in years.

• Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, oraphus said:

Purdy's production is pretty much the same as what Heinicke is giving us: less than 200 passing yards per game although that might change slightly, and with a lot of short throws (dude averaged 5.7 yards per attempt last week). And the 49ers' game plan with Purdy is pretty much our game plan with Heinicke as well--rely on the run game and strong defense. His arm has led the team to 28 of their 68 points, the rest is from the running game and a bunch of FGs. They're just better at it because they have better OLine and RBs, and Shanahan is a better OC than Turner.

Edited by Califan007 The Constipated
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

6 minutes ago, Bacon said:

We're alone in 6th because of our division record?

Pretty sure it's due to conference record, not division record.

EDIT: actually I take that back. I for some reason thought it was a 3-way tie with the Seahawks. So it is due to division record.

Edited by Califan007 The Constipated