Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The All Things PLAYOFFS 2022 Thread

kleese

The day/time of our game will be released by the NFL sometime today— no later than during the MNF game and probably before— or at least a credible leak will emerge. Reading the tea leaves, I really think Dolphins-Bills is going to get flexed to SNF; which would then leave us to anchor their Sat slate as the primetime game. It’s still possibly that scenario could be reversed or Pats/Raiders stays on SNF and both our game and Bills game are played Sat, but my mildly educated guess is that we win up Sat primetime. 

21 minutes ago, kleese said:

The day/time of our game will be released by the NFL sometime today— no later than during the MNF game and probably before— or at least a credible leak will emerge. Reading the tea leaves, I really think Dolphins-Bills is going to get flexed to SNF; which would then leave us to anchor their Sat slate as the primetime game. It’s still possibly that scenario could be reversed or Pats/Raiders stays on SNF and both our game and Bills game are played Sat, but my mildly educated guess is that we win up Sat primetime. 

I'm hearing that the NFL doesn't want the Dolphins on Sunday Night two weeks in a row so they're more likely to be the Saturday Night game and we're probably gonna be the Saturday 4:30 game. 

20 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

My son wants to go to the game so badly but I’m still not at a point where I can support Dan to the tune of near $400 after fees and parking for two tickets.

You can certainly get cheaper than that. If you get off the secondary market then maybe you are just paying for tickets that were already bought so your money is not going to Dan.

Just now, Simmsy said:

I have a party to go to Saturday (can't get out of it) hoping the game is not on Saturday.

My kid is in a performance Sat. Please not Saturday!! Then I might have tickets for sale. 

2 minutes ago, Hoover-ball said:
23 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

You can certainly get cheaper than that. If you get off the secondary market then maybe you are just paying for tickets that were already bought so your money is not going to Dan.

I tried SeatGeek and Ticketmaster.  Is there any way to get a parking pass on the low?

EDIT: Oh, I should probably add what I quoted is for 200’s and lower.  400’s have always been a no go for me.

Edited by BatteredFanSyndrome

7 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

I'm hearing that the NFL doesn't want the Dolphins on Sunday Night two weeks in a row so they're more likely to be the Saturday Night game and we're probably gonna be the Saturday 4:30 game. 

Not sure where you are hearing that, but teams have played back to back on SNF before and the NFL is not afraid to do it. Also, Dolphins play this Sunday night at LA; having them play at Buffalo Sat shortens their prep time to sort of a max level once you consider travel. Could factor as well. 

2 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I tried SeatGeek and Ticketmaster.  Is there any way to get a parking pass on the low?

EDIT: Oh, I should probably add what I quoted is for 200’s and lower.  400’s have always been a no go for me.

Ahh, good point. I sit in the 400's. LOL

Try the Classified's here for parking? 

4 minutes ago, Simmsy said:

I have a party to go to Saturday (can't get out of it) hoping the game is not on Saturday.

Yeah same. I mean I can watch the game there but it won't be fun at all with dozens of people around the vast majority of which don't know football at all and I'll be too distracted.

2 hours ago, kleese said:

Yep, look at it like this: we all talked scenarios with a split. The tie yesterday eliminates that now. In terms of head to head with Giants, a tie + win is about the same as a sweep, because it gives you the outright tie-breaker. Had we split there was still a way the Giants could earn the tiebreaker. Now, that’s out the window. We essentially erased the game at Giants and made it a one game series. It’s like the game at Met Life got cancelled and we won a coin toss to see where the deciding game would be played. 

UNLESS we tie again...  :D

I thought flex schedule only applies to times not days?

See from NFL website.

Sunday afternoon games may also be moved between 1:00 PM and 4:05 PM or 4:25 PM ET. Flexible scheduling will not be applied to games airing on Thursday, Saturday or Monday nights. 

https://www.nfl.com/schedules/flexible-scheduling-procedure

Edit- NM. I see that the NFL never actually scheduled a day for this game. Just Washington's schedule always had it on Sunday.

That sucks. Lots of people (including me) have work Xmas parties that weekend.

(I'd skip the party. But still)

Edited by TMK9973

8 minutes ago, TMK9973 said:

I thought flex schedule only applies to times not days?

See from NFL website.

Sunday afternoon games may also be moved between 1:00 PM and 4:05 PM or 4:25 PM ET. Flexible scheduling will not be applied to games airing on Thursday, Saturday or Monday nights. 

https://www.nfl.com/schedules/flexible-scheduling-procedures

Mostly, yes you’re correct. But the NFL, for the past few years (as recent as 2018), has had 5 games the weekend before Christmas that they choose from, and 3 of those 5 games get played on Saturday. Our game against the titans in Nashville in 2018 was one of those, it got moved from Sunday to Saturday, and it was a 4:30 game. 

3 of those 5 games are the exception to that flex scheduling rule.

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Yeah same. I mean I can watch the game there but it won't be fun at all with dozens of people around the vast majority of which don't know football at all and I'll be too distracted.

And with people who don't care about football...and I don't drink...no reason to be there. Why do you have to go? I've been blowing my friends off for a while, can't anymore.

1 hour ago, Warhead36 said:

You're hearing?...Does that mean you have league sources?

Edited by Califan007 The Constipated
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, Simmsy said:

And with people who don't care about football...and I don't drink...no reason to be there. Why do you have to go? I've been blowing my friends off for a while, can't anymore.

Wife and I committed to it a while ago and I'd be murdered if I didn't go.

25 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Wife and I committed to it a while ago and I'd be murdered if I didn't go.

Ive come to understand i got a problem / addiction

My Companies Xmas is Sat night. Told the wife game could be during party and she knew "Guess we might not make party"

Of course she is more pissed that her families big Xmas eve dinner will have me watching the game on my phone during the dinner.  

But its not a "Divorce fight" because she knows who she married.

1 minute ago, TMK9973 said:

Ive come to understand i got a problem / addiction

My Companies Xmas is Sat night. Told the wife game could be during party and she knew "Guess we might not make party"

Of course she is more pissed that her families big Xmas eve dinner will have me watching the game on my phone during the dinner.  

But its not a "Divorce fight" because she knows who she married.

My friend knows I'm a fan and will have the game on TV so me and like the one other person who likes football can watch the game. It'll just suck watching while being distracted.

Maybe we can jump out to like a 21-0 lead and I can just chill "lolol"

4:30 slot is fine. At the very least I can watch and we can show up to the party a little bit late.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

Sick brag by everyone who has a party to go to.  Shout out to your social life and/or your employment.

If you feel a work Xmas party is a brag, you have never been to a work holiday party. LOL

If you have a lot of fun, you are prob getting fired.