Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Election 2024 & Presidential Cage Match: Dark Brandon 46 vs Demento Donny 45

88Comrade2000

Trump's next big fundraiser is going to outraise Biden's Obama event, his allies claim

Former President Donald Trump and the Republican Party's joint fundraiser in Palm Beach, Florida, next week has raised at least $33 million, organizers say.

That haul, which cannot be verified until campaign disclosure filings come out, would likely outraise President Joe Biden and the Democratic Party's fundraiser in New York City on Thursday featuring former Presidents Barack Obama and Bill Clinton, which is expected to raise more than $25 million.

The Financial Times first reported on the expected $33 million haul from Trump's fundraiser.

"The response to our fundraising efforts has been overwhelming, and we’ve raised over $33 million so far," billionaire John Paulson, who is hosting the gathering next week, said in a statement to ABC News. "There is massive support amongst a broad spectrum of donors. The dinner is relatively small in nature, and we are almost at our cap."

Click on the link for the full story

• Haha 2
  • Thumb down 1

I don't feel like we have honest media in this country. Let's be honest. Trump is being boosted by corporate and partisan forces.  I read / browse right-wing news, and it's propaganda, plain as day.  I look at the by-lines and wonder "who the [heck] can write this [slop]".  It's "I'm being paid by [Rich Media Group] to push a right wing agenda."  There's nothing (inherently) wrong with that, but there's such a huge cognitive dissonance between what is being pushed, and what the truth is.  

Complaining that the Trump lawsuit is a "victim less crime".  So is bank robbery, am I right?  So is insurance fraud, victimless!

"Jack Smith's case against Donald Trump is falling Apart" - really?  This is speculation, pure speculation.  

"Panic'd Obama and Clinton Rally to Boost Biden!"  

"I'm going to quote Jonathan Turley as a legitimate legal expert".  

"Joe Biden releases half-hearted statement on journalist in Russia..." 

I know it's hard to avoid editorializing 100%, but every single drip, drop, drag of information is "spun".  To the point where there's nothing really "newsworthy" but stuff just gets made up and thrown at the wall to assist in partisan BS.  Like the whole "Trump cares about slain law enforcement officials".  

Just say, "We want to boost Trump hard so we can sell political advertising time!!!!!  And maybe we also want tax cuts too!!!"  

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Fergasun said:

I don't feel like we have honest media in this country. Let's be honest. Trump is being boosted by corporate and partisan forces.  I read / browse right-wing news, and it's propaganda, plain as day.  I look at the by-lines and wonder "who the [heck] can write this [slop]".  It's "I'm being paid by [Rich Media Group] to push a right wing agenda."  There's nothing (inherently) wrong with that, but there's such a huge cognitive dissonance between what is being pushed, and what the truth is.  

Complaining that the Trump lawsuit is a "victim less crime".  So is bank robbery, am I right?  So is insurance fraud, victimless!

"Jack Smith's case against Donald Trump is falling Apart" - really?  This is speculation, pure speculation.  

"Panic'd Obama and Clinton Rally to Boost Biden!"  

"I'm going to quote Jonathan Turley as a legitimate legal expert".  

"Joe Biden releases half-hearted statement on journalist in Russia..." 

I know it's hard to avoid editorializing 100%, but every single drip, drop, drag of information is "spun".  To the point where there's nothing really "newsworthy" but stuff just gets made up and thrown at the wall to assist in partisan BS.  Like the whole "Trump cares about slain law enforcement officials".  

Just say, "We want to boost Trump hard so we can sell political advertising time!!!!!  And maybe we also want tax cuts too!!!"  

Opinion journalism makes up way too large of a percentage of what these networks put out now. When you had the nightly news maybe they didn't have the time to fill with it. That's what Sunday mornings were for. Editorial writers on TV. 

It's like sportstalk on TV. A bunch of people bickering. Facts vs. Volume (Czabe term). 

Give me the facts. When it's political, give me a few quotes and it's ok to say what a politician said in their quote isn't true. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 3

Yeah, I completely agree. Outside of Fareed Zakaria GPS, most news shows are just hot air competing for viewers. ABC needs to get rid of Donna Brazile and Reince Priebus and find a new generation of George Will and David Brinkley.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

58 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

You guys know that with Trump in charge of the RNC, every Republican candidate is going to have to question the legitimacy of the election if they want to get any of that fundraising money…

There’s already been an article published recently about how after Trump took over the RNC and purged all the staff, one of the questions being asked of all new applicants is “Was the 2020 election stolen?”

So, of course.

Edited by Die Hard
  • Like 3
  • Thumb up 1

4 hours ago, Die Hard said:

There’s already been an article published recently about how after Trump took over the RNC and purged all the staff, one of the questions being asked of all new applicants is “Was the 2020 election stolen?”

So, of course.

Well, the hope is that's it's the day after Biden wins ago, and the whether or not Donny's people are still running the RNC. They check their accounts and it's all negative balances. 

• Haha 1
  • Thumb up 1

What a **** Trump is.  I just listened to him from 2020 election night.  He was setting up Jan 6 from election night.  He called it fraud from the beginning.  Said, "we did win the election."   Acted like the election was stolen from him.  Wow.  

Why this isn't all people talk about ...

On 3/30/2024 at 3:10 PM, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

You guys know that with Trump in charge of the RNC, every Republican candidate is going to have to question the legitimacy of the election if they want to get any of that fundraising money…

Should ("should") make journalists' jobs much easier...just ask every Republican running for office if they believe the election Biden won in 2020 was legitimate or stolen. If they say "legitimate" they lose out on RNC money, cuz Trump and his daughter-in-law aren't gonna stand for that. If they say "stolen" they lose out on votes because election deniers have absolutely tanked in elections over the past 2 years.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

4 hours ago, Fergasun said:

What a **** Trump is.  I just listened to him from 2020 election night.  He was setting up Jan 6 from election night.  He called it fraud from the beginning.  Said, "we did win the election."   Acted like the election was stolen from him.  Wow.  

Why this isn't all people talk about ...

They were planning it a month before the election. 

A month before the election, Trump was asked, if he lost the election, would there be a peaceful transfer of power?  His response was "the problem is the ballots. If you get rid of the ballots, there won't be a transfer of power."  

Skippy the Turtle, asked a similar question, responded that they would recognize the election "once all the legal votes were counted."

A month before the election, the Republican Party's plan was to wait till after the election, and then pick and choose which boxes of ballots they need to throw out, so they can get the result they wanted. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

2 hours ago, Larry said:

They were planning it a month before the election. 

A month before the election, Trump was asked, if he lost the election, would there be a peaceful transfer of power?  His response was "the problem is the ballots. If you get rid of the ballots, there won't be a transfer of power."  

Skippy the Turtle, asked a similar question, responded that they would recognize the election "once all the legal votes were counted."

A month before the election, the Republican Party's plan was to wait till after the election, and then pick and choose which boxes of ballots they need to throw out, so they can get the result they wanted. 

He was making claims the Dems would steal the election in July 2020, 4 months ahead of the election. Hell, some of his co-conspirators were hashing out the plan in 2019…

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1