Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Election 2024 & Presidential Cage Match: Dark Brandon 46 vs Demento Farty 45

88Comrade2000

Full text:

1. One presidential candidate is a former heroin user with brain worms pushing wild conspiracy theories, another candidate is on criminal trial in diapers trying to stay out of jail, while President Biden just gets the job done - yesterday breaking ground on a $3 billion AI facility. The choice should be crystal clear going into November.

2. If Trump makes it back to the White House, he will have no guardrails this time. Project 2025, a MAGA-friendly, dark-money funded operation to overhaul the government within the first 180 days of a second Trump term, should scare the hell out of any democracy-loving American. The project is a concrete plan that will roll back your rights based on far right extremism and put the government in your life.

3. New polls show Biden is gaining momentum as engaged voters are being turned off by Trump and his extreme policies that will roll back individual rights and make America less safe. In the ABC News poll from this weekend, Biden is leading by 4 with likely voters, while an NPR poll from last week has Biden up 5. While the election is - and will remain - tight, voters are seeing the success and sanity of the Biden Administration.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 2

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2024/05/08/politics/joe-biden-interview-cnntv

“I think I’m feeling good about the trajectory of the campaign,” he said. “And you know as well I do, most people don’t really focus and make up their minds until the fall. There’s a lot going on, and we’ll see what happens.”

But surveys have shown voters giving Biden little credit for his economic record.

In CNN’s most recent poll, Biden’s approval ratings for the economy (34%) and inflation (29%) remain starkly negative, as voters say economic concerns are more important to them when choosing a candidate than they were in each of the past two presidential contests.

Biden said on Wednesday that “no president has had the run we’ve had in terms of creating jobs and bringing down inflation.”

“It was 9% when I came to office. 9%. But look, people have a right to be concerned. Ordinary people.”

Inflation actually peaked at 9.1% in June 2022. In January 2021, when Biden was sworn in, it was 1.4%.

50 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

I don’t have the link, but I saw something about him claiming cognitive decline in a 2012 divorce proceeding to reduce alimony.

I dunno.  I could see the argument that "being married to this **** for five years has made me dumber" working.  

Posted (edited)
59 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

I don’t have the link, but I saw something about him claiming cognitive decline in a 2012 divorce proceeding to reduce alimony.

His then estranged wife hung herself.  He's a creep that is an opportunist and narssist. We don't need another near the White House.

Regarding CNN, they are supporting Fascists. I never watch them or any of their polls or anything because they are liars.

Edited by LadySkinsFan

Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2024/05/08/politics/joe-biden-interview-cnntv

“I think I’m feeling good about the trajectory of the campaign,” he said. “And you know as well I do, most people don’t really focus and make up their minds until the fall. There’s a lot going on, and we’ll see what happens.”

But surveys have shown voters giving Biden little credit for his economic record.

In CNN’s most recent poll, Biden’s approval ratings for the economy (34%) and inflation (29%) remain starkly negative, as voters say economic concerns are more important to them when choosing a candidate than they were in each of the past two presidential contests.

Biden said on Wednesday that “no president has had the run we’ve had in terms of creating jobs and bringing down inflation.”

“It was 9% when I came to office. 9%. But look, people have a right to be concerned. Ordinary people.”

Inflation actually peaked at 9.1% in June 2022. In January 2021, when Biden was sworn in, it was 1.4%.

and this is the downfall of his messaging. In Jan 2021, the DOW that Trump loves to say is THE marker for the economy was like 31K. Today its over 39K. Unemployment was over 6% when Trump left. It was under 5% when Trump was sworn in. It's under 4% now. 

Yeah, inflation was lower, and so were gas prices. Even though I wasn't driving anywhere or buying anything because we were in a pandemic, and people had to stand in lines for toilet paper like we were Russia. But that inflation.......that's what I REALLY was thinking about then. Not being a consultant and being down about 60% in my billing hours because clients were laying low still then. I'm making $.40 on the dollar and that sucks, but whatever, inflation is super low.

The Dems and Biden have been terrible about repeating the reality out there. Republicans had their message ready, regardless of it wasn't accurate. By Feb 2021, things they didn't care about for years were now their most important points. Hats off to them. They convinced a lot of people that **** they can't explain HOW Biden did......Biden did. 

Edited by @DCGoldPants
  • Like 2

She's in an interesting position. Getting way more support than expected after dropping out. Hasn't endorsed Donny. She's not old. Her message could be that laying low now will give her a headstart on 2028 if Don loses again. 4 years is a long time and there is a very small group of people like her and Cheney who are positioning themselves to be standing after a GOP Civil War if they lose this fall. 

There is zero value in her endorsing anyone right now. 

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

What I can't figure out is how him asking for a billion dollars in exchange for favorable government decisions is anything other than requesting a billion dollar bribe? Yes, he asked for the money for his campaign, but I thought the rules for candidates using campaign funds were pretty loose, especially after the ellection.

• Thumb up 2

2 hours ago, gbear said:

What I can't figure out is how him asking for a billion dollars in exchange for favorable government decisions is anything other than requesting a billion dollar bribe? Yes, he asked for the money for his campaign, but I thought the rules for candidates using campaign funds were pretty loose, especially after the ellection.

He'll figure out how to get the money over to what he wants. Grifter.

• Thanks 1

@gbear

I was watching a Trump campaign event in Texas (2 to 4 months ago?) at an oil refinery (or similar) and the CEO openly said, "We are gonna do everything we can to get Trump re-elected."  It was surprising to hear, but no one blinked an eye. 

$1B is a crazy sum though... 

‘A little bold and gross’: Oil industry writes executive orders for Trump to sign

The U.S. oil industry is drawing up ready-to-sign executive orders for Donald Trump aimed at pushing natural gas exports, cutting drilling costs and increasing offshore oil leases in case he wins a second term, according to energy executives with direct knowledge of the work.

The effort stems from the industry’s skepticism that the Trump campaign will be able to focus on energy issues as Election Day draws closer — and worries that the former president is too distracted to prepare a quick reversal of the Biden administration’s green policies. Oil executives also worry that a second Trump administration won’t attract staff skillful enough to roll back President Joe Biden’s regulations or craft new ones favoring the industry, these people added.

Six energy industry lawyers and lobbyists interviewed by POLITICO described the effort to craft executive orders and other policy paperwork that they see as more effective than anything a second Trump administration could devise on its own. Those include a quick reversal of Biden’s pause on new natural gas export permits and preparations for wider and cheaper access to federal lands and waters for drilling.

Click on the link for the full article

• Thumb down 2

5 hours ago, Larry said:

Looking forward to RFKJr spots showing video of Trump taking credit for the vaccine. 

That he swore he didn't get. 

I swear, his "moment" would've been to get people on board with masks, even if emblazoned with "TRUMP" on 'em.  (They came long after I'd already bought REDSKINS and CAPS masks.)  Would've saved more lives...and he missed a golden opportunity.

Which just shows what a dumbass he is, both in business and for the public. 

• Thumb up 2

19 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

I swear, his "moment" would've been to get people on board with masks, even if emblazoned with "TRUMP" on 'em.  (They came long after I'd already bought REDSKINS and CAPS masks.)  Would've saved more lives...and he missed a golden opportunity.

Also at the basis of him is his narssisism.

• Thumb up 1

4 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

Also at the basis of him is his narssisism.

Which should have led him to do it!!!  And he didn't!!! 

Coulda made a ton of money and saved lives at the same time, but his idiocy/syphilis/herpes, whatever...etc, etc. kept him from it! 

• Thumb up 2

1 hour ago, skinsmarydu said:

Trump and the GOP were all on board with hailing the vaccine, pointing out that Trump Did It, and our nation had been saved from disaster. 

Until their polling data said that their triggered Karen base were giving credit to Biden for successfully planning the rollout. Then suddenly the vaccine became tracking chips. 

• Thumb up 2

‘He Doesn’t Know He’s Alive!’ Trump Rages At Biden — Name-Checks Deadly White Supremacist Riot In Bonkers Video Rants

Former President Donald Trump lashed out at President Joe Biden in a blizzard of new video rants that included false attacks and minimizing the deadly White supremacist Charlottesville riot.

Crooked Joe Biden would say constantly that he ran because of Charlottesville. We know that’s not true.

And in any case, he’s done a really terrible job because Charlottesville is like a peanut compared to the riots and anti-Israel protests that are happening all over our country right now. It’s a disaster. There’s never been a time like it in the United States of America. And it’s Crooked’s fault because he sends the wrong message every single time.

And that includes what happened with Russia and Ukraine. That includes October 7th. And that certainly includes a bad message on inflation, where he has launched inflation at levels never seen before.

The fact is that Crooked Joe hates Israel and he hates the Jewish people. There’s no question about that.

And if Jewish people are going to vote for Joe Biden, they have to have their head examined. He’s a disaster for Israel.

The problem is that he hates the Palestinians also, and even more so, and he just doesn’t know what to do. He’s a confused man. He can’t put two sentences together. He doesn’t have a clue. He doesn’t know where he is.

He doesn’t know he’s alive and he’s our president. We have to end it. November 5th. We’re going to end it. Thank you very much. God be with you.

Click on the link for the full article

• Haha 1