Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Election 2024 & Presidential Cage Match: Dark Brandon 46 vs Demento Farty 45

88Comrade2000

11 hours ago, ixcuincle said:

https://www.cnn.com/2019/07/16/politics/sir-trump-telltale-word-false/index.html

In a speech about social media on Thursday, Trump claimed that people have approached him to say they want to follow him on Twitter but have been prevented from doing so: “I have people come up to me: ‘Sir, we want to follow you. They don’t let us on.’”

We don’t know what someone might have told Trump in a private conversation, but there is no evidence that Twitter is blocking people from following him.

Nor is there any evidence he has an IQ the equivalent of a toddler's shoe size either. 

Is this supposed to justify the insanity of that orange pumpkin's attention whore's rip-off of Twitter? Or are we attempting to justify this moron's narcissistic need to to project himself as the most "perfect" human being that everyone should love to pieces (I just threw up in my mouth on that one).

Please stop with attempting to defend this vile piece of ****. It's nauseating and more importantly,  a patented, Grade A, 100%, steaming pile of horse****. 

HTTR!

• Thanks 2

What a perfect campaign scandal. Montana Senate candidate Tim Sheehy says in stump speech he was shot in the arm in Afghanistan. Post finds a Ranger report of him admitting he accidentally shot himself in the arm in Glaciar National Park in 2015 and paying a $525 fine over it.

Sheehy says the campaign speech version is correct, and he was lying in 2015 about shooting himself to protect his former Afghanistan platoonmates from an investigation

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2024/04/06/tim-sheehy-montana-senate-gunshot-wound-national-park/

• Haha 4

Great.  We are getting a Trump statement on abortion tomorrow AM (who knows if it is true).  I fully trust he will "knock this out od the park"....LOL.  

"I am going to pretend that none of this is my fault, that overturning Roe v. Wade was so unpredictable....".  

Don't step in it Donnie!!!!!

• Haha 1

Cool.  He's fine with Florida's 6 week ban. 

And he's fine with ending Roe v. Wade.  Somehow he acting like, "people on both sides wanted Roe v. Wade to end."  No Donnie, wrong!!

• Thumb up 1

54 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

If there is no one with 270 EVs, it goes to Congress, but it goes to the 2024 elected Congress. Currently the states are 26-24 Red. What happens if they are 25-25 after the election?

I don’t see RFKJr getting any EVs, but am fascinated about the scenario.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

If there is no one with 270 EVs, it goes to Congress, but it goes to the 2024 elected Congress. Currently the states are 26-24 Red. What happens if they are 25-25 after the election?

I read that the Senate votes for Vice President.  I guess it's the 12th amendment.  And the Vice President would be President.  But they would need two-thirds.  

This would seem to imply the speaker of House could become President? 

4 minutes ago, Fergasun said:

I read that the Senate votes for Vice President.  I guess it's the 12th amendment.  And the Vice President would be President.  But they would need two-thirds.  

This would seem to imply the speaker of House could become President? 

Why wouldn't the current VP break the VP tie in that case?

Kamela would still be office right?

As for President..it goes to the House to decide and each state gets 1 vote and it's up to each state to determine how to vote. 

If the Houee fails to select a President by inauguration day, the VP elect serves as President until thr House is no longer deadlocked. 

All that said. It's not an issue. Kennedy won't win any ECs.

Edited by The Evil Genius

24 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Why wouldn't the current VP break the VP tie in that case?

Kamela would still be office right?

As for President..it goes to the House to decide and each state gets 1 vote and it's up to each state to determine how to vote. 

If the Houee fails to select a President by inauguration day, the VP elect serves as President until thr House is no longer deadlocked. 

All that said. It's not an issue. Kennedy won't win any ECs.

Right, what happens if the house vote is 25 states to 25? What is the built in tiebreaker?

1 hour ago, Ball Security said:

Haven't seen numbers. But I suspect  you're looking at which states vote, as a whole, for President. 

Just an opinion, but I'd bet there's lots of states where the state votes D, 51-49. But the states congressmen are 17-6 Republican. 

Something to do with districts being drawn by state legislatures where the state votes D, but the legislature is R. 

14 minutes ago, Larry said:

Haven't seen numbers. But I suspect  you're looking at which states vote, as a whole, for President. 

Just an opinion, but I'd bet there's lots of states where the state votes D, 51-49. But the states congressmen are 17-6 Republican. 

Something to do with districts being drawn by state legislatures where the state votes D, but the legislature is R. 

No, I understand that in your scenario that state would vote Red. My understanding is that the current makeup of the House would lead to a 26-24 vote Red. But the elected 2024 House would be the one that would do the voting. Will it flop to 25-25, and if so, what would be the tiebreaker was my question. @The Evil Genius’ link explains it. But it doesn’t say what happens if the Senate is 50-50 and can’t elect a VP. I guess it’s speaker of the house?