Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Election 2024 & Presidential Cage Match: Dark Brandon 46 vs Felonious Farty 45

88Comrade2000

5 hours ago, hail2skins said:

If Trump gets back in the WH, I'm going to love this guy's head explode when he expects Trump to "break the system".......and nothing happens.

Oh, if he gets in, he's going to break things. 

• Like 1

Don't ask those people why Trump didn't fix the system when he was President. You will get 90% of the GOP agenda with a selfish, criminal, narcisicist.  Trump has done a helluva job marketing.  And the media barely seems to challenge this.

Boomers messed up the system and expect Trump to fix it?  So dumb.  Wonder about this guys relationship with his kids.  There's nothing but Trump going massive in on the FUD and its inside this guys head.

TRUMP WAS THE PRESIDENT OF THE DEEP STATE AND DIDN'T FIX SQUAT!

Why are we having these articles even? This guy owns a house and is probably top 10 or 20%.  He has a military retirement.  How long do you need to cling to this right wing "deporting immigrants will fix the system" garbage?

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Alternate headline "propaganda works". 

Newsflash.... if you truly want a moderate form of government, a Democratic President and GOP Congress is your best bet.  Furthermore, a GOP Congress is nearly a guarantee with the Senate.  For some reason the Trump candidates never win their Senate races.

This viewpoint on Trump was totally fair to write in 2016. But in 2024?  Trump is the political poison.  I don't even have any illusions he'll do the smart thing and triangulate to the center.  

We haven't even started with all the 14th Amendment Section 3 cases his cabinet and appointees will face.  But, guess what dunderheads.  If you think people are going to lay down for J6 insurrectionists returning to power, you all have another thing coming.  It's going to be a very real Constitutional crises and it's going to embroil the first 2 years, long enough to stymie his agenda.  

Going with Trump is going to be a huge mistake. Right now, seems like he still has polling -- not sure if things are skewed or young voters truly have a Biden issue (over Gaza?).  Which also seems insane to me. 

I guess division sells. 

... one more thought

The moment Trump is re-elected we will face at a minimum two (2) Constitutional crises.  

(1) Foreign emoluments case can be re-opened (Supreme Court mooted it)

(2)  Jack Smith will file motions to prevent the criminal cases from being closed (because we have never elected a President indicted for Federal crimes). 

(3)  SCOTUS could end up punting his eligibility case to post-election as well. 

I need to stop reading about politics.  GOP effed the country over by not impeaching him over J6 during that trial with their bogus "maybe you can't impeach a former President."  They all knew that they could bar him from running again.  They were just too chickenheaded to do it.  

I will pray we don't have further global crises' under Trump as well. .

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Fergasun said:

GOP effed the country over by not impeaching him over J6 during that trial with their bogus "maybe you can't impeach a former President." over his "perfectly good phone call" (in which he personally asked the head of a foreign government to help out his campaign), and then shoving through the Republican agenda under President Pence.  

FTFY

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fergasun said:

Newsflash.... if you truly want a moderate form of government, a Democratic President and GOP Congress is your best bet.  Furthermore, a GOP Congress is nearly a guarantee with the Senate.  For some reason the Trump candidates never win their Senate races.

This viewpoint on Trump was totally fair to write in 2016. But in 2024?  Trump is the political poison.  I don't even have any illusions he'll do the smart thing and triangulate to the center.  

We haven't even started with all the 14th Amendment Section 3 cases his cabinet and appointees will face.  But, guess what dunderheads.  If you think people are going to lay down for J6 insurrectionists returning to power, you all have another thing coming.  It's going to be a very real Constitutional crises and it's going to embroil the first 2 years, long enough to stymie his agenda.  

Going with Trump is going to be a huge mistake. Right now, seems like he still has polling -- not sure if things are skewed or young voters truly have a Biden issue (over Gaza?).  Which also seems insane to me. 

I guess division sells. 

First, a tip of the hat for using my late mother's favorite 'cuss' word - dunderhead. Second, I have seen some articles talking about existing members of Congress who should be worried if the SCOTUS rules with states on the 14th Amendment Section 3 decision. Jordan, et al. will be facing expulsion when the dust settles. 

Tipofthehat.gif.4647d6e6c2863f18d38144bd575ad591.gif

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

2 hours ago, Fergasun said:

If you truly want a moderate form of government, you need voting reform, which will not happen as long as the current form of GOP has any sort of control.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, PokerPacker said:

If you truly want a moderate form of government, you need voting reform, which will not happen as long as the current form of GOP has any sort of control.

Still a huge fan of proportional representation.  Get rid of gerrymandering, and the "two party system".  

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, EmirOfShmo said:

First, a tip of the hat for using my late mother's favorite 'cuss' word - dunderhead. Second, I have seen some articles talking about existing members of Congress who should be worried if the SCOTUS rules with states on the 14th Amendment Section 3 decision. Jordan, et al. will be facing expulsion when the dust settles. 

Tipofthehat.gif.4647d6e6c2863f18d38144bd575ad591.gif

I hope that's the case because my Republican Fascist Congressperson John Carter TX-31 needs to go. And he ran unopposed last time. Weak Democrats here in TX-31.

• Thumb up 1

13 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

They need to 10x the **** out of this. Anti-Donny people have been calling for this strategy. Getting it up across the internet in 15 seconds is a start. They need an army of people online who only reply to the pro-Donny folks and bots with this stuff. Just drown them in it. Ratio the hell out of everything so their posts can't be seen without these. 

• Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

Just now, TheGreatBuzz said:

Unpopular opinion time.

Strategically, we need to wait before burning trump down. Don't give them too much time to replace him.

Who is “them”?  Who would “they” replace Trump with?

• Thumb up 1

2 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Who is “them”?  Who would “they” replace Trump with?

Well this one poll out of mid eastern central Iowa of people with landlines that are home between 9 and 11am on a Wednesday shows that Haley wins over Biden. 

Edited by The Evil Genius
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Unpopular opinion time.

Strategically, we need to wait before burning trump down. Don't give them too much time to replace him.

Who's "we"?  Ain't nobody here on the Tailgate "burning Trump down."

Strategically, there's no bad time for a person like Trump to get sent off to jail or get bounced from an election.  You mean to tell me if it somehow happened next week, you'd be annoyed by it because they have more time to replace him?  

Trump somehow losing the nomination or somehow getting thrown in jail is a net win for everyone.  I don't care if that frees up Nimrata to be able to come in and have 10~ months to replace him and get her feet wet.  

46 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

For real.  Don't need the three letter agencies all of a sudden taking a look at the Tailgate.  Calm the **** down @88Comrade2000

Wild thing is, guys like Bang and Jumbo often type out the ways they would like to see certain politicians meet their demise (it's never pretty lol)...but someone saying a politician might be (the "a" word)--not that they want it to happen, just that it might--and we start freaking out. I guess it's because describing the act comes with an understanding of it not being literal. Although I kinda think both Bang and Jumbo are being more literal than we think 😂 (or maybe I'm just hoping they were).