Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NCAA Basketball

PleaseBlitz

48 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Lol at Angel Reese thinking she was "too ghetto". You went to an $11k per year private high school. You Mom played professional basketball internationally.  Your stepbrother is a pro basketball player internationally and your brother plays college basketball.  

How about..both her and Caitlin Clark were entertaining as hell.

That's not what she's saying.  You totally missed her point.  She was saying that's what she would hear, not that she personally feels she's too ghetto.  Pointing out the double standard.  Because she's black, it doesn't matter what her story is.  When the white girl does the exact same stuff, nobody calls them ghetto or tries to hold them to account 

Edited by justice98
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, justice98 said:

That's not what she's saying.  You totally missed her point.  She was saying that's what she would hear, not that she personally feels she's too ghetto.  Pointing out the double standard.  Because she's black, it doesn't matter what her story is.  When the white girl does the exact same stuff, nobody calls them ghetto or tries to hold them to account 

Ah that makes more sense. Either way I don't think either of them (her or Clark) did anything wrong. 

Yea people called her that all season. 

This **** is funny though. We talk **** when we play sports. I talk the worst **** to the people I respect the most and somehow even worse to the few friends I do ball with. 

And I'm the worst player on the floor by far lol. Get the **** out of here. These are the same people saying kids today are soft. ****ing about a little **** talk. Stop it. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

Last Sunday against Louisville in the Elite 8, Caitlin Clark looks directly at her opponent Bailey Van Lith and does the "can't see me" gesture.  

Reese LITERALLY does the exact same gesture back at her a week later and right-leaning social media erupts.  

IMG_20230403_092201.jpg.fd63b085e8958335d614b13927df9d07.jpg

Edit: I have zero issues with anything either of these ladies did.  Just posting the video above in case people heard the hoopla about Reese's taunting yesterday but didn't know the full story. 

Edited by Chew
  • Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

I rarely watch basketball anymore because I can't stand the refereeing but I had to check out the hype and watch the women's championship.

I thought it was odd how personal things got at the end. Reese was on national TV post game saying she didn't like how Clark was disrespecting South Carolina so that was what fueled her rubbing it in at the end. I don't think I've ever heard an athlete use another teams loss as a reason for feeling so disrespected. Very odd.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

I rarely watch basketball anymore because I can't stand the refereeing but I had to check out the hype and watch the women's championship.

I thought it was odd how personal things got at the end. Reese was on national TV post game saying she didn't like how Clark was disrespecting South Carolina so that was what fueled her rubbing it in at the end. I don't think I've ever heard an athlete use another teams loss as a reason for feeling so disrespected. Very odd.

She also said that Clark was disrespecting her teammate Alexis Morris. And Clark got the tech in the middle of I think the 3rd for tossing the ball and, notably, language when the cameras didn't pick her up saying anything. So something for sure sounds like it went on there. Who knows. 

I know its not that odd though. Cats talk **** in sports all the time. You dont have to have a good reason to not like someone and use it as motivation. Especially if they are a known **** talker and great at the sport. Thats easy motivation by itself. 

39 minutes ago, Llevron said:

I know its not that odd though. Cats talk **** in sports all the time. You dont have to have a good reason to not like someone and use it as motivation. Especially if they are a known **** talker and great at the sport. Thats easy motivation by itself. 

I have no issue with the smack talk, in fact it makes it more compelling and more reason for me to watch. Im just not that dialed in on the women's game and was curious where that fire was coming from.

I’m not going to get into the racial aspect of this or how non sports people are using this to promote an agenda. I’ll only note the time I tried to use the “can’t feel my face” gesture. At the time, it was a Steelers CB Ike Taylor trademark. I was in a strip club in Pittsburgh. I got him confused with Deshea Townsend (the Steelers other CB) and did the gesture to Townsend.  He was like, “what the ****?”

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

This might be one of the best things to ever happen to women's basketball.

Hopefully both ladies go on to the WNBA and make this a decade+ long rivalry.

This.  Both are great basketball players and, MORE IMPORTANTLY, put on ****ing shows.  More of this please. 

turning it off with a 11 pt lead at 9 min left. 

If it is a miracle comeback, I will watch the highlights.  I don't see UConn selling.  They haven't for 30 minutes.

Edited by Fergasun
reversed pts and min ledt