Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nah Nah Nah…Nah Nah Nah…Hey Hey Hey…GOODBYE CLOWNSHOES

Koolblue13

5 hours ago, Darth Tater said:

When you are talking a price that is more than 10% of your LIQUID net worth, somebody like Jeff is going to only consider an asset that if not economically your best investment, still makes enough to be more than sustainable. We are not talking about some luxury item that is just a precious but an investment that must at least must be self sustaining (and probably an asset that is less liquid than his Amazon wealth). Now, Magic Johnson is the only proposed player here that has actively turned around a franchise and Harris owns one, so they know the work they'll have to do and Bezos may not, so, yeah, I could see him overbidding.

Edit. Poor taste post

Edited by SoCalSkins

It’s worth nothing that it’s not a good time for Bezos to convert share holdings into cash. He’s be selling really low. So, in an example whereby he converted 5B into cash via a share sale, chances are he’s taking a 2B ‘hit’ in terms of lost future profit on that 5B.

Small change to him I know, but not a wise investment move purely from his share holding perspective.

Depends how much he wants a football team and how he’d want to structure that deal in terms of investment.

59 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

Edited by Conn

Can we stop with this ****? I dislike Tanya nearly as much as Dan (as much as you can from a distance, anyways) so this isn’t about them or “defending” them at all. But this sort of post is just straight up misogyny. As unfunny as most of the people here are, I still think that we can do better than this kind of stuff. This is bottom of the barrel sexist garbage. Considering the sort of allegations that we allegedly hate Snyder for, it’s a particularly poor look on us. 

And I won’t even get into the Jason-as-cuckholder thing that people have gotten weirdly comfortable joking about here (like it’s specifically come up a lot which is just odd) which leans heavily into some really gross racial stuff whether people realize what they’re doing or not.

Alright, back to your regularly scheduled ownership talk. 

Edited by Conn
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 6

1 hour ago, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

That's why I think Bezos is out, it wouldn't look good for the league to be bending over backwards with the scheduling to please Amazon, which also owns one of the teams. In the extremely rare occurrence of the Commanders being in a late-season playoff race, Bezos could use his influence to keep the 'Manders from having to play on two Thursday nights...if Goodell doesn't see this then he's even more incompetent than I thought.

If the NFL owners approved flexing late season games to Thursday nights, there is nothing Bezos could do about it as an owner.  

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

47 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

Tanya will be happy to take the load of the liquid. Liquid cash, obviously,  while Dan watches from the corner. 

Dan usually has to pay for that so it’s a welcome surprise. The only question is where is Jason Wright? His role is apparently shifting in these games. 

I think in the aforementioned scenario, Dan takes the liquid assets to the face while Tanya watches from the corner...that just feels right to me.

Jason Wright is just happy to be there...he knows his days are numbered. 

Gasparino just on 106.7, spoke to someone from the league and someon close to Dan. 

Saying he heard this from league people that the 6 billion is not a real 6.

He randomly threw out that Fretitta and Dan are close firends.

Then started reading the texts from the person close to Dan.

Dan's camp source said the bids are firmer than what Gasparinro reported

Dan's camp source also told him there are 2 guys in the woods in addiitonal to the 2 he reported about

So digesting this the league source played down the bid to Gasparino, Dan's camp played it up from what the league source thought and then piped in that there are also two other bidders that can make this interesting.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Gasparino just on 106.7, spoke to someone from the league and someon close to Dan. 

Saying he heard this from league people that the 6 billion is not a real 6.

He randomly threw out that Fretitta and Dan are close firends.

Then started reading the texts from the person close to Dan.

Dan's camp source said the bid's are firmer than what Gasparinro 

Dan's camp source also told him there are 2 guys in the woods in addiitonal to the 2 he reported about

This Gasparino dude sounds like a psychopath. Says he knows everyone. Don’t trust much out of his mouth. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Conn said:

Can we stop with this ****? I dislike Tanya nearly as much as Dan (as much as you can from a distance, anyways) so this isn’t about them or “defending” them at all. But this sort of post is just straight up misogyny. As unfunny as most of the people here are, I still think that we can do better than this kind of stuff. This is bottom of the barrel sexist garbage. Considering the sort of allegations that we allegedly hate Snyder for, it’s a particularly poor look on us. 

The lady doth protest too much.  You are making a lot of assumptions based on personal experience apparently? You know the saying about assumptions? Of course you do. 

• Confused 1
  • Thumb down 9

1 minute ago, BigDibbs31 said:

This Gasparino dude sounds like a psychopath. Says he knows everyone. Don’t trust much out of his mouth. 

They all have an agenda.  But I am interested to hear Dan's agenda.  He's shared plenty where I don't think he's Bsing that he knows Dan and people who are close with Dan.

He's a business writer, for a major business channel so he knows people that work in that world.  i think that's real. 

1 minute ago, SoCalSkins said:

The lady doth protest too much.  You are making a lot of assumptions based on personal experience apparently? You know the saying about assumptions? Of course you do. 

So playing dumb is the direction you’ll go? Maybe I’ve given you too much credit and others are right that you’re just trolling in here. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Conn said:

So playing dumb is the direction you’ll go? Maybe I’ve given you too much credit and others are right that you’re just trolling in here. 

No I never play dumb. I leave that to you. You are the expert. It’s effortless for you apparently? You win?

• Thumb down 1

57 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

Rick wants 2 minutes from you. 

Translation: “it seems as though the general consensus of the people who talk to people is it’s a two man race, so I’m going to go on and explain that but not give credit to the reporters who actually turned up the information.

Literally anybody could do what dopey is doing.  Read Shefter’s tweets and the. Summarize them badly.

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

No one has been perfect covering the sale.  I've defended Perez some on this thread because he's been first on a few stories. 

But even I was skpetical betting on him versus Schefter yesterday but its starting to look like Perez out-sourced Schefter. 

I don't get all the Perez hate not only here but at other Commanders sites. He's been as accurate and precise as just about anybody on this story.

• Like 5
  • Thumb up 1

29 minutes ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

I don't get all the Perez hate not only here but at other Commanders sites. He's been as accurate and precise as just about anybody on this story.

Yeah, no one has been perfect, but he's gotten three major stories which he's broken first.  He refuted a major national magazine financial story and was right -- and looks like there is a strong chance he might have successfully disputed a story from Schefter who typically is borderline flawless. 

This isn't Rick Snider who is just regurgitating other narratives that have already beeen reported. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

2 minutes ago, vegeta613 said:

I think Snyder wants 6 Billion and indemnification. If thats the case this team isn't getting sold.  I suspect this is why we haven't heard a peep from Bezos

He'll eventually drop that stupid request because it ain't happening. He needs that money to pay his bills and needs it sooner than later. 

• Like 4
  • Thumb up 1