Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nah Nah Nah…Nah Nah Nah…Hey Hey Hey…GOODBYE CLOWNSHOES

Koolblue13

7 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

No my point is if Bezos is assured that his bid will be accepted if it’s the highest bid after any back and forth with Harris then he will bid. What Bezos won’t do is let Dan choose Harris at a lower bid and say I refused to sell to Bezos.

He’s not going to give Dan that opportunity to punk him.  In any other deal, that’s usually a given but with Dan it’s not. 

What exactly are you going to do if you're wrong and Bezos doesn't buy the team? This is a pattern with you. You are absolutely 100% sure about every single thing you say, even when you have zero firsthand knowledge. Will you own up to being wrong? Or will you pretend you never actually said it, or claim you were joking?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, mistertim said:

What exactly are you going to do if you're wrong and Bezos doesn't buy the team? This is a pattern with you. You are absolutely 100% sure about every single thing you say, even when you have zero firsthand knowledge. Will you own up to being wrong? Or will you pretend you never actually said it, or claim you were joking?

I’m going to pop champagne and celebrate and say I was wrong. As you are well aware, I’m rarely wrong so you don’t actually remember those exceedingly rare circumstances. However, I will 100% own it. 

I was wrong about RG3 after the first year. I thought he would bounce back. That 2012 magic fooled me. I completely owned it. 

If Dan does not end up acting rationally in this sale, I will  end up being wrong. So there is a possibility that ends up being the case given Dan’s history. I am also going against the conventional wisdom of nearly all the beat reporters. So the chances of me being wrong are not zero by any stretch. 

I absolutely don’t think I am but I will 100% own it. 

Edited by SoCalSkins

2 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

RG3 joining the Harris group would be enough to make me want literally anyone else to buy the team lol. The whole ting will be INSUFFERABLE

Seems like he’s saying he will have a role in player personnel.

Yet people find it impossible to suggest the Philly fan would sabotage our team. 

Edited by SoCalSkins
  • Confused 1

You gotta imagine any staff role RG3 would have needs to be "better" than his current gigs. He has a good thing going right now and pops up almost everywhere. I figured he'd be a staple in draft coverage moving forward as well. I'm not sure a job exists for him in a new FO in that regard.

Interesting to say the least. Not the news I expected to hear today.

Needless to say his inclusion on any level would be tremendously divisive.

1 minute ago, redskinss said:

Does he really have enough money to even be considered?

I think he meant something along the lines of an FO job rather than ownership stake.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, lavar1156 said:

Harris...buddy...you were doing so well. Don't F this up by adding RGIII.

Come on the “tell my your why” players lounge at the new club headquarters next to the “no pressure no diamonds” weight room will be very popular with the players. I’m sure RG3 won’t mind assisting there while he is setting up his draft board in his office in the player personnel department.

Is his role Bruce Allen or Vinny Cerrato?

Edited by SoCalSkins
  • Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

I watched the whole thing.  How did he say he's doing player personnel?

He said he’s not ready to formally announce yet but insinuated he will help with the roster.

You must be ecstatic at the choices your preferred owner is already making. That owning a pro team in other sports is absolutely essential. Bringing in a football mind and character like RG3 who will obviously bring this fan base together is among the best possible moves before the bid is even accepted.

I can see why you are so high on Harris. 

• Thumb down 1

14 minutes ago, redskinss said:

What is rg3 gonna do, take out his life savings and buy .00000000000001% of the team?

Does he really have enough money to even be considered?

Something like that.   Denver had some celebrity minority owners.   The initial Bezos idea for a bid was touted as him, Matthew McConaughey and Jay Z.    Dodgers with Magic, etc,

It's a good PR stunt but outside of that, its fun but meaningless to me.  I like RG3, the current media version of him, I wouldn't mind him and Magic doing some needed PR for this team.  But outside of that, not much else to it. 

• Like 1

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

Something like that.   Denver had some celebrity minority owners.   The initial Bezos idea for a bid was touted as him, Matthew McConaughey and Jay Z.    Dodgers with Magic, etc,

It's a good PR stunt but outside of that, its fun but meaningless to me.  I like RG3, the current media version of him, I wouldn't mind him and Magic doing some needed PR for this team.  But outside of that, not much else to it. 

He did not talk about participating as a member of the ownership group. Let’s go by what he actually said and not what you wanted him to have said. 

Wow Robert is so triggering still lol

There’s a bunch of massive reaches going on right now, IF he’s a part it’ll be as a celeb minuscule minority owner like Usher is for the Cleveland Cavs, relax. He won’t be anyone of importance c’mon now.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Blanka said:

Wow Robert is so triggering still lol

There’s a bunch of massive reaches going on right now, IF he’s a part it’ll be as a celeb minuscule minority owner like Usher is for the Cleveland Cavs, relax. He won’t be anyone of importance c’mon now.

How do you know that’s the case? He said he’s going to help restore the team without being ready to announce what his role will be specifically. He’s on the Rich Eisen show talking about it first hand. It’s not a third party twitter rumor.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

He said he’s not ready to formally announce yet but insinuated he will help with the roster.

You must be ecstatic at the choices your preferred owner is already making. That owning a pro team in other sports is absolutely essential. Bringing in a football mind and character like RG3 who will obviously bring this fan base together is among the best possible moves before the bid is even accepted.

I can see why you are so high on Harris. 

How did he insinuate he was helping bid the roster?  What was the quote?  The segment I watched from eisen doesn't go there at all, so was there another segment?  I am not saying it didn't happen, but i'd need the quote to buy it.  

Harris known for hiring the best GMs and staying out of their way.

Otherwise, you were saying Harris wants Dan to be part of his ownership team.  Now its RG3 as his GM.  What next he's toying with involving the Taliban to run the business operation?

I get it you love, love, love Bezos as the owner.  And you want everyone to share your uber strong passion about this.  And in turn hate the other bidders.

But heck speaking for myself while I like Bezos as the runner up, the one thing that would make it fun for me for him not to get this team is just your reaction, its really the only thing that makes me root a little against the dude.  :ols:

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

He did not talk about participating as a member of the ownership group. Let’s go by what he actually said and not what you wanted him to have said. 

I don't "want" him to say anything.  It's you that is living with this Marvel Movie plot line about Bezos the super hero and all the evil competitors.  I am cool with Bezos. the odds that he comes in if he buys the team with some celebrity owners are actually good based on what some have speculated-- and i don't give a rats behind if he does, its cool with me.

Is this you saying you wouldn't like Bezos if he comes with minority owners?

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1