Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nah Nah Nah…Nah Nah Nah…Hey Hey Hey…GOODBYE CLOWNSHOES

Koolblue13

Depressing but maybe a good sign that Keim is doing a retrospect now.

I listened to Keim's new podcast, not much new.  Thinks the sale is happening, probably not this week, but it can happen anytime because the timetable is driven by Dan of course and Dan can make his decision whenever he makes it.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/35904912/commanders-owner-dan-snyder-tumultuous-tenure-washington

A timeline of Commanders owner Dan Snyder's tumultuous tenure

In 1999, the Washington franchise Dan Snyder purchased was one of the NFL's marquee teams.

It was barely a decade removed from two Super Bowl victories (plus another one in 1983) and had recently moved into an 80,000-seat stadium, fulfilling demand for tickets by a rabid fan base. At one point, the team said, the waiting list was 200,000 strong.

But in the ensuing 24 years under Snyder's stewardship, the franchise's status and reputation have sunk to the point that he and his wife put the team up for sale in November. He'll leave a legacy of on-field futility and off-field scandal.

Allegations involving Washington's workplace culture -- charges of sexual harassment and financial improprieties -- have resulted in investigations by Congress, the NFL and multiple state attorneys general.

On the field, Washington has had as many name changes as playoff wins -- two -- while compiling a 164-220-2 record.

Local revenue has dipped and the fan base continues to dwindle. The season-ticket wait list dropped to zero, and the seating capacity went from a high of more than 90,000 to just over 62,000 last season after removing seats, covering others and converting some suites into office space.

It is against that backdrop that NFL owners, general managers, coaches and team executives are meeting in Arizona to discuss the league's future, which at some point will include a new owner of the Commanders.

There are three known bidders -- groups led by Magic Johnson and Philadelphia 76ers and New Jersey Devils owner Josh Harris, Houston Rockets owner Tilman Fertitta, and Canadian billionaire Steve Apostolopoulos -- in addition to speculation that Amazon founder Jeff Bezos could join the mix. But whoever becomes the new owner, they will be immediately tasked with restoring a reputation and tradition to a franchise that has been faltering for more than two decades.

Here's a look at how it all happened.

I suspect the Davis Group's 7 billion dollar offer will eventually evaporate into the ether and be a mere footnote in history once the team is actually sold to another group.

The real question for me is who or what is really behind the alleged 7 billion dollar bid?

Are they playing the role of the proverbial "rabbit" in a long distance race? The runner who has no chance to win but takes the early lead to set a record pace for the eventual winner.

If so, could this be $hnyder $hanananigans to get the bids increased?

Edited by CommanderInTheRye

6 minutes ago, actorguy1 said:

There is a lot of recency bias in that article. It’s top heavy past 2020. There was just as much craziness taking placing in all the prior years. But when the pile of Snyder’s stupidity is that large you have to make some edits for the sake of the length of the article otherwise it becomes a book. 

• Like 1

**Breaking News**

A new bidder by the name of Dr. Evil has just placed a bid for 100 billion dollars for the Commanders. Reliable sources outside the Crofton 7-11 parking lot can confirm. Seems legit. 

Side bar: Has anyone ever seen Dr. Evil and Bezos in the same room??? 

Dr Evil GIF

Edited by HIYA_Beach_Warpath
  • Haha 9

40 minutes ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

If so, could this be Shnyder $hanananigans to get the bids increased?

This is exactly what it sounds like to me.

1 hour ago, HigSkin said:

they'll be the ultimate band wagon boys because the listeners really only want to talk Commanders

It's what their callers call in most about--but have you heard these dip****s? The people that call into the Junkies are some of the most ill-informed idiots I have ever heard.

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

It's so dubious and goofy, that it almost has to be a ploy to drive up bidding. That, or some kind of con independent of the team.

51 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

There is a lot of recency bias in that article. It’s top heavy past 2020. There was just as much craziness taking placing in all the prior years. But when the pile of Snyder’s stupidity is that large you have to make some edits for the sake of the length of the article otherwise it becomes a book. 

It's just the tip of the iceberg, and yet it's still overwhelming. The "Damn_Snyder" twitter thread has more of the salacious stuff, and it adds up to so much that it doesn't seem like it could be real.

• Like 1

The Junks alleged the Wilkinson's report included a recommendation to oust Danny - no one knows if that's accurate because Goodell and the boys buried that report. But I certainly believe it.

Consider that Goodell's justification for doing so was the absolutely laughable excuse that they wanted to protect the anonymity of the witnesses involved in the investigation. Meanwhile, the attorney representing those witnesses begged the league to release the report. And subsequent reporting revealed the league and Danny entered an agreement to only release the report if both 'mutually agreed' to do so. It's clear the league had NO interest in releasing whatever was found in the Wilkinson investigation at that time.

Then Danny boy, being who he is, decides to share a sliver of the 600K plus emails Wilkinson scooped up with the WSJ And NYT. Danny thought it wise to reveal a thread of emails that made Bruce Allen look like the bad guy. He thought the world would 'realize' Bruce was behind the culture all along! I guess Danny's council forgot to mention some of the most explosive stuff reported by WaPo happened before Bruce joined the Ashburn frat house. Oh well.... penny-wise, pound foolish, classic Danny move. The leak reignites the negative media firestorm that the league clearly hoped to avoid with the mutual agreement to bury the Wilkinson report.

Luckily for the league, most of the subsequent investigations since the leaks have focused on Dan's dirty deeds and haven't publicly revealed the full extent of incendiary stuff that may be lurking in those emails - at least not yet....But man, I really wonder how pissed Goodell was when he saw those WSJ and NYT reports. My next thought is how stupid could you be? Goodell decided to enter into a mutually assured destruction agreement with one of the most self-destructive idiots on planet earth!

I'm fairly certain the Wilkinson report had a lot of the awful treatment of employees all spelled out - maybe not insight into all of the financial improprieties that we've learned about - but enough rot to merit removing Dan from the league. Goodell saw too much collateral damage in the findings - stuff that could jeopardize the jobs of people outside the Redskins org, stuff that could seriously tarnish the reputation of the "shield" - so he decided to bury the whole thing.

But here we are today and it's obvious that Goodell made the wrong decision. The public has learned a lot of what Goodell attempted to bury, people have lost jobs, the league is going to have to contend with what was contained in those leaked emails in ongoing discrimination lawsuits, they basically HAVE to release the MJW report... the "shield" is going to take on many more dings to their reputation. Goodell should never tried to cover for Danny.

All this is to say that I strongly believe the Junks had it right on the Wilkinson report. 

And I don't know exactly what is going on with this Brian Davis report but I don't think the Junks are floating unsubstantiated rumor in an effort trace to first on the whole Commanders sale news cycle. My gut tells me this is coordinated posturing but there is no way Brian Davis' group is buying the Commanders. Either his group is trying to pump up their financial wherewithal in having their name floated as a top bidder on the Commanders (but don't actually have intent or the means to buy the team) or Snyder's side has somehow orchestrated this news in an effort to push up the 'real' bidders. Having a hard time really buying into either of those but I'll never believe Brian Davis et al. put in a legitimate bid of 7 BILL and wanted to announce that via the Junks. 

For my own mental health, I think I'm going to stop paying attention and just wait till the ink is dry on the final sale.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

I suspect the Davis Group's 7 billion dollar offer will eventually evaporate into the ether and be a mere footnote in history once the team is actually sold to another group.

The real question for me is who or what is really behind the alleged 7 billion dollar bid?

Are they playing the role of the proverbial rabbit in a long distance race? The runner who has know chance to win but takes the early lead to set a record pace for the eventual winner.

Dan isn't getting the 6 billion he wants; so he gets Brian to leak this. He's trying to get other bids up.

44 minutes ago, hailer21 said:

The Junks alleged the Wilkinson's report included a recommendation to oust Danny - no one knows if that's accurate because Goodell and the boys buried that report. But I certainly believe it.

Makes complete sense as to why that was buried and not delivered in a hard copy format.  Obviously there was something that Goodell and the rest of the league didn't want published for everyone to see.  It had to be pretty bad.

It's my hope that the contents of that report see the day of light sometime.  Preferably before Snyder sells the team, but beggars can't be choosers.  

35 minutes ago, FrFan said:

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47cq1mmfpk634dewvwxh

Stop the press, who is that?

Goodell was in the tank for defending for Dan for what some like an eternity and then all of a sudden had a breaking point where it shifted, some say it was Congressional testimony where it pretty much came out that it was Dan's people who leaked the Bruce emails.

Preceding that we had that episode reported by ESPN that Tanya at an owners meeting made an awkward unprompted statement about that they aren't the ones who leaked those emails.

Maybe the combination of Tanya lying about it and all the grief that those email leaks caused were the breaking point or as some say that along with the ESPN reports that Dan has dirt on Goodell and the rest of the owners.

Goodell made his bed with that douche.  But leave it to Dan to push that too far and lose him as his champion.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 3

The McDaniels comment that he couldn't get free coffee when working in Washington is hilarious.  I could get free coffee as an intern working for a small company eons back.

McDaniels clearly implying he got that free coffee in other NFL stints

One of Chris Russell's best lines about Dan and being around that building was he treats the franchise like a $1 store.  The P & J sandwiches back in the day as their cuisine on the plane is hilarious.

• Like 1

Just defies logic, business acumen and common sense.

I mean last week it became pretty clear that the bidding had pretty much stopped somewhere under $6 billion dollars.

This weekend we hear rumblings from the owners that they've drawn a line in the sand on indemnification and would likely begin the process of ousting Snyder if the team isn't sold by the May owners meeting.

Now, suddenly just a few days later,  as the league meetings are about to convene, we get this deux ex machina miracle bid-- not of $6 billion dollars but of $7 billion dollars...

ESSENTIALLY MORE THAN A BILLION DOLLARS HIGHER THAN ANY OTHER SPECULATED BID!!!

I ain't buying this at all.

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Like 8
  • Thumb up 3

6 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Gooddell was in the tank for defending Dan then all of a sudden had a breaking point where it shifted, some say it was Congressional testimony where it pretty much came out that it was Dan's people who leaked the Bruce emails.

Preceding that we had that episode reported by ESPN that Tanya add an owners meeting unpromtped made an awkward unprompted statement about that aren't the ones who leaked those emails.

Jesus...I forgot about the Tanya thing. How pathetic do you have to be to put your wife in that position? The dude stands alone in his own category of douchery

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

Now, suddenly just a few days later,  as the league meetings are about to convene, we get this deux ex machina miracle bid-- not of $6 billion dollars but of $7 billion dollars...

ESSENTIALLY MORE THAN A BILLION DOLLARS HIGHER THAN ANY OTHER SPECULATED BID!!!

I ain't buying this at all.

I don't either.  But I'll wait for Keim to comment.

Finlay borderline dismissed Davis as a serious bidder which is pretty ironic because his show follows the Junkies, he talked about it early on his show and then just moved on.

But to me part of what makes it feel odd is the comment that he actually has 9 billion ready in cash if need be.   So yeah a dude who supposeedly isn't a billionaire has all the money in the world and then some. 

If all of this were true, you'd think he'd have the team already.  All the others are saying the bids are under 6 and some think just over 6.  So some dude has 7 billion in cash, and has 9 billion if need be and Dan is just sitting on the deal?

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1