Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nah Nah Nah…Nah Nah Nah…Hey Hey Hey…GOODBYE CLOWNSHOES

Koolblue13

I have an open mind and heart for new ownership..but I would be lying to myself if I didn't admit that I'm pulling for Bezos.

I want that unquestionable money type of owner.

That "I want the fastest car" but is willing to pay for the very best crew to manage and maintain it kind of owner (there's no cap space on the crew).

I know that there is no guarantee that Bezos or any other owners well expend the necessary resources on personnel (hopefully & luckily the right personal).  ...but it's my hope.

7 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

For the most part philly fans are ****ing idiots (excluding @Koolblue13  😂 ) . So not sure I would take thier opinions too serious.  While there is always a cahcne we can do worse or the same I am really willnig to take my chances with just about anyone. Dan dnyder is a low life scum of a human. That transcends football. Good riddence,. 

It's always nice when fellow fans feel so comfortable that they are able to be vulnerable.  Expressing how they really feel.... deep in their heart.

Word up! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, dc1 said:

I have an open mind and heart for new ownership..but I would be lying to myself if I didn't admit that I'm pulling for Bezos.

I want that unquestionable money type of owner.

That "I want the fastest car" but is willing to pay for the very best crew to manage and maintain it kind of owner (there's no cap space on the crew).

I know that there is no guarantee that Bezos or any other owners well expend the necessary resources on personnel (hopefully & luckily the right personal).  ...but it's my hope.

It's always nice when fellow fans feel so comfortable that they are able to be vulnerable.  Expressing how they really feel.... deep in their heart.

Word up! 

I have been working on saying what I mean, not being so shy. I think it's coming around. 

apoplectic.jpg?w=640

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

*runs into the room, yells WOOOOO and knocks the drink outta dc1's hand and then runs back out*

You can take the Philly fan out of Philly but not the Philly out of the Philly fan...

...no wait...it's gotta be your bull.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Listening to this AJ Perez guy on Sheehan's podcast.

Hard to take him seriously. 

What are his credentials again? 

Does "FO Sports" cover much of anything?

Getting fraud vibes.

Edited by Hooper
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Hooper said:

Listening to this AJ Perez guy on Sheehan's podcast.

Hard to take him seriously. 

What are his credentials again? 

Does "FO Sports" cover much of anything?

Getting fraud vibes.

Tho Sheehan kept interrupting him too. Plus Kevin was seemingly unaware of JP's reporting last night. Nothing was learned from that interview that we didn't already know.

Edited by lavar1156

2 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

He hired a GM/FO that made that plan and he stuck with it. I give Harris props for that. Snyder has never committed to a true total rebuild like that. It'd be refreshing. Although I think the roster now is mostly pretty good and doesn't need to be blown up.

Harris also went out and got Morey who wasn't in the good graces of the league at the time...I like that he did that.

1 hour ago, Spearfeather said:

And at that time, that might very well have been been his stance.

Something made him change his mind in a hurry.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

32 minutes ago, lavar1156 said:

Tho Sheehan kept interrupting him too. Plus Kevin was seemingly unaware of JP's reporting last night. Nothing was learned from that interview that we didn't already know.

I think Sheehan was not impressed and just wanted to get the segment over with.

17 minutes ago, Andre The Giant said:

Several groups submitted bids to purchase the Washington Commanders before a late-December target requested by the investment bank handling the sale, but none reached the $7 billion mark that owner Daniel Snyder seeks for the team, according to a person familiar with the process.

Amazon founder Jeff Bezos sat out this stage of the bidding, according to multiple people familiar with the process, potentially opening the door to other buyers interested in acquiring the franchise.

Some of those familiar with the process, speaking on the condition of anonymity because of the confidential nature of the bidding, said it’s unclear whether Bezos’s inaction reflects ambivalence over the price Snyder seeks, a ploy to sit back and ultimately outbid the top offer or some other misgivings about making an offer.

Because of Bezos’s vast net worth, many concede the team would be his for the taking if he wants it enough to simply trump the highest offer by anyone else. Given the uncertainty over his intentions, several groups of prospective buyers are vying to be next in line if Bezos opts out or sets a hard cap on what he’s willing to pay, people with ties to the process have said.

If Bezos does not intensify his efforts, those who stand to benefit could include some of the bidders who last year tried but failed to purchase the Denver Broncos. The finalists for the Broncos have been expected to be contenders for the Commanders, a person familiar with the process said.

Those include media entrepreneur Byron Allen; Clearlake Capital co-founders Behdad Eghbali and Jose E.

Feliciano, who previously attempted to purchase a minority stake in the Commanders from Snyder’s former limited partners; Josh Harris, the co-founder of Apollo Global Management and the owner of the NBA’s Philadelphia 76ers and the NHL’s New Jersey Devils; and Todd L. Boehly, the CEO of Eldridge Industries, the chairman of the Chelsea Football Club and a part-owner of Major League Baseball’s Los Angeles Dodgers, the NBA’s Los Angeles Lakers and the WNBA’s Los Angeles Sparks.

Boehly is believed to have been strongly interested in the Commanders during the bidding process, but it is not clear whether he remains active in that pursuit. It is also unclear if Boehly and Clearlake Capital’s co-founders joined forces in a prospective Commanders bid or have been pursuing the team on separate tracks. A spokesperson for Boehly has not responded to repeated requests for comment.

...It is not clear when the bidding process will be completed. Some of those connected to the process have rejected characterizations that the late-December target for bids requested by the investment bank was a firm deadline, saying the process is more fluid. That makes it difficult for other bidders to know whether Bezos is involved or not, or if he still could become more engaged. Front Office Sports reported Bezos’s lack of a bid Sunday.

The Commanders have said that Snyder and his wife Tanya, the team’s co-CEO, hired BofA Securities, a division of Bank of America, to consider potential transactions for the franchise. The Commanders have not specified whether the Snyders intend to sell all or part of the franchise. Four people familiar with the process said recently they believe a full sale is the most likely outcome. All spoke on the condition of anonymity because of the level of secrecy surrounding the deliberations being conducted by Bank of America.

In a public filing in November related to the incorporation process with the registrar of companies for England and Wales, the Snyders listed England as the country or state of which they are “usually” a resident. Daniel Snyder did not attend the Commanders’ season-ending game Jan. 8 against the Dallas Cowboys at FedEx Field, according to a person with knowledge of the matter.

Any sale of all or part of the team would have to be ratified by at least three-quarters of the league’s other team owners, giving them a measure of control over Snyder’s choice of a buyer.

The NFL is conducting its second investigation of Snyder and the Commanders, a probe being overseen by attorney Mary Jo White. Indianapolis Colts owner Jim Irsay said in October that he and fellow owners should give serious consideration to voting to remove Snyder from ownership of the Commanders. That would require a vote of at least three-quarters of the owners. Multiple owners told The Post in September they believed that serious consideration would be given to attempting to oust Snyder from the NFL’s ownership ranks, either by convincing him to sell his franchise or by voting to remove him.

The House Committee on Oversight and Reform wrote last month in its final report on its Democratic-led investigation of the team’s workplace that Snyder “obstructed” the committee’s investigation and that he “permitted and participated” in “troubling conduct” in the team’s workplace. The report said Snyder gave evasive and “misleading” testimony to the committee in July.

The office of Karl A. Racine, then the Democratic attorney general of D.C., filed two civil lawsuits last year against the Commanders. Maryland Attorney General Brian E. Frosh (D) fined the team $250,000 for improperly withholding security deposits from ticket holders through a settlement with the Commanders. Investigators for the U.S. attorney’s office for the Eastern District of Virginia have interviewed witnesses about allegations of financial improprieties involving the team, according to multiple people familiar with the situation. The office of Virginia Attorney General Jason S. Miyares (R) also is investigating.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

4 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

AJ Perez on Sheehan

A.  As for Bezos.  He seemed to be speculating on this -- that Bezos wouldn't want to bid against himself or pay a tax to Dan for Dan maybe not liking him.  He was told that Bezos could still come in and bid.

B.  After the first round of bids, they vet the finanicals of the bidders, that's what they are likely doing now

C.  As for this team going for 8 million as some speculated early on, he doesn't think so, he thinks the stadium with put the breaks on a crazy high bid.

D.  Stadium costs-construction costs rising in recent years, he thinks it can end up close to 4 billion and that weighs on the sale

E.  There is some mystery as to who the 6 bids are.   Speculated Harris is in the mix.   Bank of America is very close lipped.  He doesn't know who the highest bidder thus far is.

F.  He thinks they are giving Snyder a chance to sell before the Mary Jo White report comes out

Thanks as always for the info, SIP. :) 

• Like 2