Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nah Nah Nah…Nah Nah Nah…Hey Hey Hey…GOODBYE CLOWNSHOES

Koolblue13

3 hours ago, GhostofSparta said:

Nah, disagree. There are 2 groups of people that have done enough historically awful things to still deserve the awfulness of Dan Snyder

1. The English

2. Yankees fans

Yankee fans went through a water down Dan already, not as bad, but George was a trip -- like Dan a douche who interferred, but at least he won after his 80s-early 90s drought.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Professor_Nutter_Butter said:

What if it ended up being the dog?

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Then that would have been the perfect head fake.   

1 hour ago, Professor_Nutter_Butter said:

Mad respect if so.

These idiots don't have two brain cells to rub together between the lot of them. If this happens, it's because some🤡 in the F.O. screwed up and used draft marketing materials or something.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 2

59 minutes ago, DazedSkinsfan said:

Looks like we stole this from the Piggly Wiggly grocery store

Driving down the road, Tanya suddenly turns to Dan and remarks "I have an original of what the mascot should look like" as they pass the Piggly Wiggly they've never been to, because grocery stores are for the peasants. 

• Haha 6

On 12/27/2022 at 11:25 PM, Conn said:

This never-ending fixation on the past, while understandable from such a starved fanbase as this one, is so perplexing to me specifically in the context of the branding of the new name, mascot, etc. But even in conversation here, people will reference The Hogs and how it’s a viable way to win etc etc—I realize it’s a common language we all share, so that’s natural—but almost 40 years of football have happened since then. The game is nearly unrecognizable. 

I agree with just about the entirety of your post. And while I don't disagree with the bolded part (emphasis mine)---I'm going to add:

it's nearly unrecognizable and it's garbage. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Dark Acre said:

I wonder what a historical revision would be like where John Cooke inherits the team.

I think there’s a difference between an owner that respects the idea they are a steward of a community asset (or at least value the idea of creating that vibe)

and an owner that simply views a team as a money printing machine they can’t break. 

we would have gotten the former instead of the later, which is what we got with snyder. Complete with total “I’m a die hard lifelong fan that just wants to win” bull****. 

who knows wins/loss wise but I bet a large portion of us who left as active fans, those of us who have become apathetic, would have never done so. 

People like me didn’t come back to posting in the stadium and watching games again and paying attention because Taylor Heinicke suited up and won some games and suddenly playoffs were a possibility. 

we came back because the fact snyder is supposedly selling the team renewed our desire to care about this organization again. 

It’d be a totally different vibe. 

we’d have a completely different respect (or, I guess I should say we’d be better than our zero respect we’ve been)

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

26 minutes ago, Ghost of said:

I agree with just about the entirety of your post. And while I don't disagree with the bolded part (emphasis mine)---I'm going to add:

it's nearly unrecognizable and it's garbage. 

I think that’s a fair take, although I disagree. It’s like the NBA a little to me—people complained after shot charts became a thing that the game was getting boring because players were only taking optimal shots and no longer lived off of attempting mid-range jumpers etc., defense was down, it was all 3’s and layups—but if you live for watching incredible athletes complete incredible feats of athleticism in high-scoring games, the modern NBA game is fun. 

I think the NFL is a better example of that though. To me, the level of athlete we have now in the NFL—and the modern chess match (when it comes to good coaches and teams) between the seemingly unstoppable  passing games, coverages, and the way the running game and running QBs have developed into a counterpunch to that—makes for a really fun viewing experience. Analysis and coverage of the game is smarter (if you ignore mainstream crap), fans and coaches are generally smarter, and the game keeps evolving.

I didn’t experience the glory years at an age where I could absorb them, but I don’t think there’s anything more pure or sporting about the way the game used to be played—almost always conservatively, without strategic risk (but more physical risk) or much sophistication (beyond the coaches who were way ahead of their time and dominated because of it). I understand yearning for a league that allowed QBs and skill players to be hit and allowed defenders to have more of a chance against the passing game—I just think what we’ve gained from that sacrifice is worth it, overall. I think the modern X’s and O’s genius we see every week across the league (not here unfortunately), as well as the theory and strategy around roster construction in the era of the salary cap, FA + draft, etc. more than balances out the criticism of it becoming flag football. But that’s just me, we all look for different things out of the game. 

Edited by Conn
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Dark Acre said:

I wonder what a historical revision would be like where John Cooke inherits the team.

No Deion Sanders, no Bruce "I'm just here for a few sacks before I retire" Smith, no Dan "Big Daddy" Wilkinson, no Albert "Don't mind me I'm just resting my fat ass on the ground" Haynesworth, no "good bits" or other related  improprieties, and no to a thousand more embarrassing scandals, unethical behavior, errant decisions and wacky mismanagement that led to us becoming the clear laughing stock of the league...

Yeah, that's an alternate universe I truly wouldn't mind living in.

Edited by CommanderInTheRye

17 hours ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

No Deion Sanders, no Bruce "I'm just here for a few sacks before I retire" Smith, no Dan "Big Daddy" Wilkinson, no Albert "Don't mind me I'm just resting my fat ass on the ground" Haynesworth, no "good bits" or other related  improprieties, and no to a thousand more embarrassing scandals, unethical behavior, errant decisions and wacky mismanagement that led to us becoming the clear laughing stock of the league...

Yeah, that's an alternate universe I truly wouldn't mind living in.

One small amendment...and this is coming from someone who hates Dan Snyder for the things he's done to someone very close to me...but Dan Wilkinson (and Dana Stubblefield) actually happened on Cooke's watch. We can't pin those moves on Snyder, even though they seem very Snyderian in nature. 

45 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

One small amendment...and this is coming from someone who hates Dan Snyder for the things he's done to someone very close to me...but Dan Wilkinson (and Dana Stumblefield) actually happened on Cooke's watch. We can't pin those moves on Snyder, even though they seem very Snyderian in nature. 

FTFY

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

One small amendment...and this is coming from someone who hates Dan Snyder for the things he's done to someone very close to me...but Dan Wilkinson (and Dana Stubblefield) actually happened on Cooke's watch. We can't pin those moves on Snyder, even though they seem very Snyderian in nature. 

Good clarification, I do want to say that every owner/team has swings and misses on FA.  Stubblefield at least got us a 1st and 3rd since he was a RFA and Carolina really wanted him for some reason. I think that's where we got the 2nd or 3rd for Samuels/Arrington.  It went poorly and ended up great for us.

The Dan ones just sucked so sucking hard.

EDIT: It was Sean Gilbert as @Riggo#44 correctly pointed out

Edited by NewCliche21