Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nah Nah Nah…Nah Nah Nah…Hey Hey Hey…GOODBYE CLOWNSHOES

Koolblue13

Saw this on twitter and this dude just got annihiliated by fans.  I found it funny because I think this would be Dan's exact trial balloon in his warped mind in his wildest dreams to turn around his status with the fans.  No one bit on it at all from what I noticed.   

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Haha 13
  • Confused 1

43 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Saw this on twitter and this dude just got annihiliated by fans.  I found it funny because I think this would be Dan's exact trial balloon in his warped mind in his wildest dreams to turn around his status with the fans.  No one bit on it at all from what I noticed.   

Yeah this guys a No. 2 all right. Big steamin pile of it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Breer who mentioned some concerns about Dan backing off of selling when Breer opinied about it during the owners meetings -- basically said Dan needs to show some save face victory like getting a record amount for the team or something like that where he could crow and act like he got the last laugh -- otherwise he had some fears that Dan wouldn't sell based on his conversations with some at the owners meetings. 

4 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

This had me ****ing rolling 😂

it was the first in the response 

B932BD4D-EF95-4A6E-814B-57A56FCEEC8C.thumb.jpeg.18fd0ded9d8d6b23fd7b4c47be0ba5f4.jpeg

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Sheehan on the radio by my count three different times over the last few weeks has mentioned he's hearing everything is on track for a sale

I think he’s been on this for 2-3 weeks. Anytime snyder came up he snuck a “but bids will be soon in the coming weeks” sort of thing in. He was clearly told the deadline and was just amping up to it. 

If you’ve listened to him long enough it’s not hard to tell when he’s saying someone told him the details, without actually saying that. 

Edited by tshile
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, NoVaSkins21 said:

Here's hoping the process starts speeding up after the 23rd and expedited by the league

If you believe Sheehan was given a reliable timetable it’ll be in the off-season but likely too late for a new owner to make changes to the FO and coaches because of how close the draft is and such. 

which is perfectly fine. Even if you don’t like Rivera (I do) you can absolutely enjoy the idea of spending the first 6 months cleaning the other side of the house clearly and starting to push whatever your plan is down the org charts. 

even if you want Rivera gone, you have to admit he’s not a terrible coach (think: zorn) and there’s benefits to getting things in order first. 

(side note: I’m guessing a new owner canning Rivera will not go over well in the locker room and I would be SUPER skeptical of a new owner that did just that… seems like the wrong tone to set right off the bat.)

• Like 4

7 hours ago, tshile said:

This had me ****ing rolling 😂

it was the first in the response 

B932BD4D-EF95-4A6E-814B-57A56FCEEC8C.thumb.jpeg.18fd0ded9d8d6b23fd7b4c47be0ba5f4.jpeg

This reminds me of, and to be fair it doesn’t happen very often anymore, when we’ll make a comment about Snyder ‘never’ or ‘always’ doing something good/bad and a poster will be like ‘That’s not true, one time…’.

• Haha 4

9 hours ago, tshile said:

I think he’s been on this for 2-3 weeks. Anytime snyder came up he snuck a “but bids will be soon in the coming weeks” sort of thing in. He was clearly told the deadline and was just amping up to it. 

If you’ve listened to him long enough it’s not hard to tell when he’s saying someone told him the details, without actually saying that. 

Yep and I'll give some props to Sheehan who for me is the best radio personality who has ever covered this team in my lifetime. 

I was getting a bit annoyed last year when he had a phase (Bayless style) of making calls about college players or pro players shifting teams where he played amateur scout -- I think he was a bit over the top with it and sometimes a little dishonest about owning up to his misses.   He'd get lets say 5 things wrong but own up to 3 and pretend the other 2 never happened, etc.  To each their own but for me I don't want Sheehan trying to play Cooley where he's scouting players, etc.  A little is fine but I think he was going too far for my taste. 

But he seems off that train and back to his usual self.    He's rarely wrong when he shares gossip so I trust it.   If Dan sells in particular he'd be a fun guy to listen to because he has IMO a good handle on the fan base old and new in the context of Dan. 

7 hours ago, @DCGoldPants said:

Is this $7B+ number enough that if an agreement were in place, the league and owners would fasttrack the sale to just get it over with before waiting until the offseason or next owners meetings?

The league has really nothing to do with the timing except approving the new owner.  

The schedule will almost certainly be driven by the buyer.  Snyder will want to move as quickly as positive to get his money asap.  

Sellers always want a quick close.

Buyers will drive the amount of diligence and other items.  

And of course the lawyers have to get paid. So that takes some time. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

4 minutes ago, LetThePointsSoar said:

With the deadline being today, when is the realistic timeline for news breaking about an accepted offer? 

(Are we all getting what we want for Christmas or not?!?) 😂😂

Then next step will be for the bankers to go through the offers, and most likely down-select to a smaller group and then have negotiations.

My guess (and this hasn’t changed) is mid January is when we will hear anything definitive.

• Like 4