Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nah Nah Nah…Nah Nah Nah…Hey Hey Hey…GOODBYE CLOWNSHOES

Koolblue13

14 minutes ago, woodpecker said:

So why isn’t Dan attending the meetings? Is he still on some kind of probation with the league? Just a coward?

I'd guess the latter, since he's been attending games.

Dan can try to play games with this, but that doesn't make his problems go away.

• Like 2

Remember, Dan has one amazing talent -- his ability to find a new low.

Backing out of a sale would not surprise me. 

Clearly he doesn't want to sell. The team is everything to him. 

But then what? That is the question.

By all reports, he doesn't have the money to pay back the loan he took to buy out his previous minority partners, and I can't imagine how he would get a stadium built. 

Do the other owners have the stones to vote him out? It doesn't really look like it. And Goodell seems bizarrely scared by him. 

So what would happen? 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Professor_Nutter_Butter said:

I've mentioned it before but I'll say it again -- Washington winning this year could be disastrous for those wanting Snyder to sell. He'll see the winning, the crowds, support, etc., and think he's doing something right.

Which is why as much as I want to show up Sun night and support this team, and they deserve it, I still can’t do it. Not until the sale is final and he is definitely gone. 

1 hour ago, Wyndorf25 said:

Hence, your Extremeskins handle...lol

Yeah “battered fan syndrome“ makes me laugh every single time! I definitely have it.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

It sounds like Goodell is trying to work this out through back channels so there's no vote and no publicity. He may be wildly optimistic in thinking that Dan will make it that easy for him.

I wonder if the big loan to Dan has any collateral and who holds the note.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Professor_Nutter_Butter said:

I've mentioned it before but I'll say it again -- Washington winning this year could be disastrous for those wanting Snyder to sell. He'll see the winning, the crowds, support, etc., and think he's doing something right.

I am right there with you. People rationalize it saying it would be disastrous if he backed out now, but this guy is nothing but a disaster. He would absolutely think “I am so close to turning this around, this is my baby, the fans will love me if they just see us winning and all this will go away”. That’s how this egotistical maniac thinks.

• Like 2

I listened to Breer eleborate on his story on the radio.

His points.

A.  He does still think Dan sells but is not as confident as before

B.  Goodell has told the other owners to back off and things will settle in the right way

C. He thinks Dan will sell if he gets a big price but is not sure if he doesn't get the price he wants

D.  He thinks the team's need for a stadium makes the deal a bit tougher because the investor has to both pay a big premium and then likely also kick in 2 billion for a stadium

E.  Some NFL insiders thinks Dan is playing a shell game.  He wonders about Goodell basically saying the other day that the problems with the Commanders are fixed

F.  He thinks the older owners with deep roots in the league are more inclinded to vote Dan out versus the newer owners

G.  He thinks if they had the votes to vote him out they would have already voted him out. 

H.  He agrees that Dan's money issues likely gives owners leverage here.  Don't approve of a minority owner.  Don't help him out to get the stadium.  Let the 450 million loan suffocate him.

He thinks part of the reason why Dan needs to get the big haul for ther stadium, like 7 billion, is he needs to claim victory, like what I got, I am the winner in all of this, etc.  He needs to save face and that's part of the reason why the league should help him get what he wants money wise.

Bezos has the money to overpay so to speak but he's not sure of the other prospects to buy the team so what if Bezos isn't serious or Dan isn't willing to sell to him, then what?

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

<SNIP>

G.  He thinks if they had the votes to vote him out they would have already voted him out. 

Thank you so much SIP for the breakdown as usual.

I don't understand this one. Why would they vote him out? That's been the nuclear option the whole time. If he's gonna sell, then let him sell.  Why go nuclear just because you can?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

H.  He agrees that Dan's money issues likely gives owners leverage here.  Don't approve of a minority owner.  Don't help him out to get the stadium.  Let the 450 million loan suffocate him.

When does he have to pay this loan by and what happens if he can't pay it back?