Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nah Nah Nah…Nah Nah Nah…Hey Hey Hey…GOODBYE CLOWNSHOES

Koolblue13

2 hours ago, Corcaigh said:

Do the mods pay $8 per month for the privilege of the title?

That's the rate for the youngsters. Me and Rick pay double cuz we're both good with money.

2 hours ago, LetThePointsSoar said:

When you think about it in that terms, it's a little shocking ol' Little Napoleon hasn't turned this into an attempt at a profit center and issued us all PSL's. 

I'd gladly shell out $10/year to be a part of this **** show brotherhood. 

I'm sending you my mailing address so you can start without waiting for some formal announcement with our names misspelled.

• Haha 8

5 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

That people article says Bezos would bring in Jay Z as part of his ownership group. It’s game over unless Dan wants to take less money to giver the finger to Bezos. I think Bezos will pay a premium and that will be that. 

Bezos and JayZ as owners?

**** I'm all in on that duo!

• Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3

8 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

I like Byron Allen too. He seems like the guy who would do things the right way: hire a real GM, let him hire the coach etc.

But he don't have Bezos money.

As I understand it the principle owner has to provide 30% of the buy out.  Yea, it's all interesting and we'll see where this lands.  If I was Allen, I'd be tapping on Jay Z too who seems to be in a really good position to participate for any potential buyers.

Edited by HigSkin

I’m not wasting any time figuring out which owner would be better. 

instead I am putting my faith in the NFL and its desire to not screw this up. 

im assuming they’ll pick the right person, and then give them assistance in selecting high quality people to fill important roles (GM, president, etc)

I have to imagine the NFL is very interested in doing whatever it can to make sure this franchise is on the right track moving forward. 

By the way. The day following the biggest day in the franchises previous 23 years, and Doc Walker is on his show complaining about how he’d rather just talk football. 

what a tool he is. I used to defend his shtick but he’s just a tool. 

• Like 4
  • Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, tshile said:

I’m not wasting any time figuring out which owner would be better. 

instead I am putting my faith in the NFL and its desire to not screw this up. 

im assuming they’ll pick the right person, and then give them assistance in selecting high quality people to fill important roles (GM, president, etc)

I have to imagine the NFL is very interested in doing whatever it can to make sure this franchise is on the right track moving forward. 

This isn’t an expansion team nor is it a forced sale at this point. The NFL doesn’t get to decide anything. Dan makes the decision on his own. The NFL gets to vote to approve or disapprove of the new ownership group. I highly doubt they reject anyone. They want to be rid of Dan without any litigation.

2 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

This isn’t an expansion team nor is it a forced sale at this point. The NFL doesn’t get to decide anything. Dan makes the decision on his own. The NFL gets to vote to approve or disapprove of the new ownership group. I highly doubt they reject anyone. They want to be rid of Dan without any litigation.

yeah ok 🙄

1 hour ago, tmandoug1 said:

Question: What happens to Bezos Thursday night prime deal if he wants to buy the team? Is that not a conflict of interest?

You would think so. But they make their own rules, so who knows if that even matters to them. 

26 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

I like Byron Allen too. He seems like the guy who would do things the right way: hire a real GM, let him hire the coach etc.

But he don't have Bezos money.

I have to admit... I hadn't heard that name since "Real People," so I've missed anything and everything he did for the last 40 years LOL! I didn't know Byron Allen had it like that!

Live look in at Spiff if Bezos buys the team:

randy-marsh-south-park.gif

That said, for all of the talk about Bezos being a potential owner, there's been very little information about him wanting to buy an NFL team.  There's been a lot of speculation about it, but there's been little to no action from him actually saying that he wants into the NFL as an owner.  There's been rampant speculation, an article from CBS in 2019, earlier speculation this year about the Seahawks, etc.  

I'm of the belief (and I'd love to be wrong) that if he REALLY wanted an NFL team he'd have done it by now.  Especially when there have been more attractive options available recently.  Like, why not buy the Broncos, a team that hasn't been dwelling in **** with a ****ty stadium for the past 20+ years?  

Unless the idea that Bezos hates Snyder that much to the point where he'd only be interested in buying the Commies, I just don't get it.  Why take on a team that's been miserable for years, morale amongst the fan is at an all time low, terrible stadium with the need for a new one...I guess some people like buying fixer-uppers but I don't know if that's what Bezos would want to do.

Long story short, I'm not believing any Bezos talk or speculation (even as much as I want to) if there's no official report of him throwing his hat in the ring.  

7 minutes ago, CRobi21 said:

Well **** me then.

• Haha 5
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, Llevron said:

You would think so. But they make their own rules, so who knows if that even matters to them. 

He is no longer the CEO of Amazon. The NFL wants him in. The NFL also has a previous partnership with Jay Z. It will be a unanimous approval if Dan takes the deal.

The biggest conflict rule was waived previously banning owning another sports franchise in another sport. If anything being in the board of Amazon is a positive for them. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

He is no longer the CEO of Amazon. The NFL wants him in. The NFL also has a previous partnership with Jay Z. It will be a unanimous approval if Dan takes the deal.

The biggest conflict rule was waived previously banning owning another sports franchise in another sport. If anything being in the board of Amazon is a positive for them. 

I forgot about all of that. Thats a good point. See I knew I liked you 

• Haha 3