Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Game Prediction Thread - The Commanders Vs. The Packers ~ Code Yellow with Holes!

zCommander

The two teams have met each other 39 times (including 3 postseason games), with the Green Bay Packers winning 22 games and the Washington Commanders winning 16 games. They have also tied 1 time. Last meaning full game was played in 2016 in the NFC Wild Card game and we lost 35-18. 

Rodgers is meh this season with no real weapons to throw to. We almost beat them last year but we all know what happened there. 

Wentz is out and coming fresh from the bench it will be a redemption game for Taylor Heinicke.

Commanders: 24

Packers: 17

:815:

• Thumb up 1

Rivera's in a no-win situation here.

We win with TH, Rivera looks like an idiot giving away all that draft capital plus $28million for Wentz.  

We lose, Rivera and his team are right back where they were last week in terms of chances of a good season.  

Packers look like ass.  AR has no one to throw to.  I can see TH helping us to a win via his legs.  But I can also see us crapping the bed again.  (Personally, I prefer the latter, since I don't want us winning another game as long as the Snyders are the owners or relocate the team.)  

Packers 21

Redskins 20

1 hour ago, Jds0912 said:

Commies win 27-23. Everyone starts talking playoffs. 

FTAKA Skins   27

FudgePackers 23

Everyone starts talking about draft spot droppage

13 minutes ago, Redwards said:

Rivera's in a no-win situation here.

We win with TH, Rivera looks like an idiot giving away all that draft capital plus $28million for Wentz.  

Rivera already looks like an idiot...

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 2

1 hour ago, Jds0912 said:

Commies win 27-23. Everyone starts talking playoffs. 

This year is unlike any other we've faced in a long time.

No winning the division at 7 and 9 and hosting a playoff game.

This division is looking like the best in football now and it's gonna take a massive turnaround to change the fortune of this team, not just a 4 game win streak to slip in around .500

Even at 3 and 4 I will have no illusions of playoff grandeur.

5 minutes ago, redskinss said:

This year is unlike any other we've faced in a long time.

No winning the division at 7 and 9 and hosting a playoff game.

This division is looking like the best in football now and it's gonna take a massive turnaround to change the fortune of this team, not just a 4 game win streak to slip in around .500

Even at 3 and 4 I will have no illusions of playoff grandeur.

If we win this game I can see people saying “okay, if we win next week we’re back to .500 and it’s a new season.” Fans will get excited with a 3 game win streak. 4-4 with an offense that actually looks good is best case scenario obviously. We could also get stomped the next two games and then play Howell the rest of the season. I’m fine with that scenario too. 

6 minutes ago, Jds0912 said:

If we win this game I can see people saying “okay, if we win next week we’re back to .500 and it’s a new season.” Fans will get excited with a 3 game win streak. 4-4 with an offense that actually looks good is best case scenario obviously. We could also get stomped the next two games and then play Howell the rest of the season. I’m fine with that scenario too. 

Oh I could definitely see it happening, it happens frequently and I'm in no way immune to it.

If, and that's a big if, we win this week there is absolutely no doubt people will be talking about the possibility of a turnaround.

It's too early for the normal crazy playoff math but there will definitely be people with hope.

The truth is, the eagles are off and the giants and cowboys are facing the lions and Jaguars so the likely combined record of our division foes is going to be 17 and 3.

Even if we turn a corner and start playing good football (which I don't see happening) that hill is way too steep to climb.

9 minutes ago, redskinss said:

Oh I could definitely see it happening, it happens frequently and I'm in no way immune to it.

If, and that's a big if, we win this week there is absolutely no doubt people will be talking about the possibility of a turnaround.

It's too early for the normal crazy playoff math but there will definitely be people with hope.

The truth is, the eagles are off and the giants and cowboys are facing the lions and Jaguars so the likely combined record of our division foes is going to be 17 and 3.

Even if we turn a corner and start playing good football (which I don't see happening) that hill is way too steep to climb.

It definitely doesn’t look good right now. The Eagles and Cowboys are locks to make the playoffs imo. I’m not sold on the Giants though. If we were to miraculously be in the playoff hunt later this season I could see the Giants being a team we could beat out for a wild card spot. My optimistic view is that TH leads us to the playoffs, th looks bad and Howell comes in and shows he’s franchise qb material, or Howell also looks like trash and we end up with a top 5 pick and get our franchise qb. We can’t lose in my mind 😂. So yeah, we win this week 27-23.