Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Tennessee at Washington ~ Nashville Hot vs Mambo Sauce

TK
Message added by TK,

111000314_ScreenShot2022-10-09at4_11_47PM.thumb.png.c13c592a247713930603891c847bcfdb.png

1 minute ago, tomwvr said:

Nope the refs gave them a fake roughing the passer call, they didnt blow the whistle on 3rd down when the qb was under control, and if tackled rough would have been a penalty. And they didnt call 2 obvious holding calls on tenn

It wasn’t fake. 🙄

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, Redwards said:

It's just really incredible.  Just freaking unbelievable that JDR cannot adjust in the most elementary of ways on defense to stop the only weapon the Titans have.

All they have is a freaking RB.  And JDR won't stack the line to stop him.  If we have to suffer through Ron for another season, can we please at least get rid of JDR???

I normally would agree, and do somewhat, but it is Henry. He has to have a good amount of yards after contact.

I wouldn't have predicted it after the first two weeks, but our Offensive Coordinator looks much more inept than our Defensive Coordinator. Granted, its not an easy OC job when your O Line is trash, and you have a QB who cannot play when pressured. But that is what the Brains that are Mayhew and Rivera have decided is the way to go.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Gotta figure out our run defense in the 2nd half. They have 0 vertical passing threat. 

I like your idea.  Stack the box, play bump and run press coverage.  The problem is, if Henry gets through a small hole, he’s doing a house call because there will be nobody who can track him down.  

Just now, RandyHolt said:

you OK with not using all 3 timeouts aggressively?

I am still scarred by Kelvin Bryant blowing out his knee on a useless end of half snap.

Nah ..you misunderstood.  I was okay with him throwing the ball down the field in the hopes of a PI and a possible field goal or score with two remaining time-outs.

I wish we had more time (I wish that Ron was more aggressive and proactive with the time-outs)8  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Yng Lady88 said:

Ron is not an x's and o's guy. He's a leader and motivator. Take him off the sidelines and put him in the front office. Even TOs/clock management trip this man up on a weekly basis.

I'm not sold on how much of a motivator he is anymore.

I mean, just look at the Giants team and the amount of energy and intensity they bring under their first year coach vs. what we bring (or don't bring).  There's a huge disparity there.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, tomwvr said:

Nope the refs gave them a fake roughing the passer call, they didnt blow the whistle on 3rd down when the qb was under control, and if tackled rough would have been a penalty. And they didnt call 2 obvious holding calls on tenn

Roughing was there. If thart was Wentz and they blew the whistle to kill the play as he throws it you would be pissed! They are not going to call all holding calls. They missed us a few times too. 

Blaming the refs is just making excuses. Not saying they do not make mistakes. But the team is behind because the offense has been ineffective, again. 

Offense has to play better. Can I play C? Can't be any worse. 

• Like 1