Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Game Prediction Thread - The Commanders vs. The Titans - Code Red Game!

zCommander

26 minutes ago, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

Unlike ours, which is the House of Lame.

Oh, no.  

It is very much still a House of Pain.   And it has been since the beginning.  It's quite remarkable: we've never possessed a true, consistent home field advantage in the confines of FedEx.  

Its cute that so many around here are picking the Ders to win this game.  This team has looked lost, out coached and outmanned for most of the games they've played since week 1.  Only a fool could pick them to win a game.  

The Titans are beatable however.

Skins 30

Titans 24

• Haha 6

6 minutes ago, Idaho fan said:

Its cute that so many around here are picking the Ders to win this game.  This team has looked lost, out coached and outmanned for most of the games they've played since week 1.  Only a fool could pick them to win a game.  

The Titans are beatable however.

Skins 30

Titans 24

Mad respect for essentially calling yourself a fool too :P 

good thing I’m one of the smart people here and picked us to lose :) 

Edited by Cooleyfan1993

1 hour ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Mad respect for essentially calling yourself a fool too :P 

good thing I’m one of the smart people here and picked us to lose :) 

Well aren't we all essentially fools to even remain fans of this organization?  

To continue to follow, support, watch etc. a team that consistently disappoints and embarrasses themselves is a foolish endeavor IMO.  A team owned by Dan (the little prick) Snyder. Ive been a fan for 35+ years and now my adult kids (Unfortunatley for them) are fans too.  Ive thought about jumping ship.  I wanted to be able to jump ship.  I can't. So Im stuck here. Stuck rooting for this dysfunctional pathetic franchise.  Now that on its own isn't what makes me [us] a fool... its still thinking, hoping that some day, some how things will turn around under this owner.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Idaho fan said:

Well aren't we all essentially fools to even remain fans of this organization?  

To continue to follow, support, watch etc. a team that consistently disappoints and embarrasses themselves is a foolish endeavor IMO.  A team owned by Dan (the little prick) Snyder. Ive been a fan for 35+ years and now my adult kids (Unfortunatley for them) are fans too.  Ive thought about jumping ship.  I wanted to be able to jump ship.  I can't. So Im stuck here. Stuck rooting for this dysfunctional pathetic franchise.  Now that on its own isn't what makes me [us] a fool... its still thinking, hoping that some day, some how things will turn around under this owner.

Ahh, but hoping for things to turn around, while fully knowing they won’t, cancels out someone being a fool :D HA!

• Haha 1

You see this is one of those games that embarass us as fans.

Henry will run for 200 yards and Tannehill will look like Warren Moon circa 1993.

There is no way in the Seven Hells we win this one. It'll be ugly.

Then again, I'll probably just zone out during sometime in the 3rd quarter because even if we muster a few drives to make the game interesting they just push the accelator a bit more and end it.

TEN: 28

WSH: 10

48 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

Oddly, I think this a pretty easy win for Washington. I don't see them having an issue moving the ball and they have stopped the run just fine. The only issue I see them having on defense might be the occasional scramble play from Tannehill. 

Washington 31

Tennessee 16

OR....

It could very well be typical Redskins flip-flop in this one: they DO finally start moving the ball on offense...only to suffer a major breakdown in their run defense.  Hence, it's a close game, but the Titans win TOP by a good margin, and in so keeping our offense off the field, they end up winning.

We RARELY have offense and defense playing well in the same game.  One gets temporarily fixed on a particular Sunday afternoon while the other suffers a breakdown...that same afternoon.  

jimmy fallon dancing GIF by Obama

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Activating Cole makes all the sense in the world being down Dot and having a Questionable Logan.

I figured he was not supplanting Rodgers due to his contributions in blocking, both the run and the pass, but if he can just slot in the space vacated by Dot they can both be active. If he does find a way to contribute there will be some interesting gameday choices to make at TE when Dot returns, but that would be a good problem to have.

I also wanna see who they throw out on teams. Gonna be missing a few mainstays.

3 hours ago, SonnySideUp said:

Turner gives an overview and how Wentz can adjust protections but not necessarily the play in some cases.

Listening to Scotts presser it sounds like Dyami will barely play and Cole Turner could be in line for some targets. Finally!

Our strengths were supposed to be our skilled positions like our wideouts and the depth we have at TE. I like Bates but he is not gonna scare any defense. If we can get Turner and Rodgers running down the seam, it will open up it up for Terry and Samuels on the outside. Cmon Scott come up with an effective game plan and be open to adjusting in-game!

40 minutes ago, skinsfan93 said:

Listening to Scotts presser it sounds like Dyami will barely play and Cole Turner could be in line for some targets. Finally!

Our strengths were supposed to be our skilled positions like our wideouts and the depth we have at TE. I like Bates but he is not gonna scare any defense. If we can get Turner and Rodgers running down the seam, it will open up it up for Terry and Samuels on the outside. Cmon Scott come up with an effective game plan and be open to adjusting in-game!

it also sounds like wentz is not allowed to audible 

• Thumb up 1

When Dyami Brown was drafted what were his supposed strengths?  It just seems like he fell out of favor so quick.  I guess he just isn't that good.  Would just hate to see him gone and he ends up somewhere randomly contributing as a slot WR or something.  Chances are he just isn't good, I guess this is just more my frustration with another drafted skill position player washing out.

Glad to see Cole Turner is active finally, eager to check out if we get some more exotic looking TE formations out there to maybe confuse the defense.

I would like to see this team get through a game where the pass rush resembles more what they saw against Jacksonville or hell, even Detroit, compared to what they've faced the last two weeks.  I know if Wentz & the offense want to make any noise in December/January, they will have to figure a plan to combat the better pass rushing teams, but I also find value in games where Wentz can drop back, not be in danger every time, and just get down some timing, experience, and chemistry with his skill position players.    The season is a month old and good, bad, & everything in between, I just want the offense to get on the same page.  Hopefully BRob being back also will help them establish some consistency and take some pressure off. 

• Like 1

I stupidly bought a White Mclaurin jersey in the short-lived excitement after the Jags win.

It is still unopened in its packaging.   It isn't being opened until they win again!

Hopefully will get to wear it this year!!!

Don't think it will be this Sunday.

Titans 35 

'Ders  16

7 hours ago, NoCalMike said:

I would like to see this team get through a game where the pass rush resembles more what they saw against Jacksonville or hell, even Detroit, compared to what they've faced the last two weeks.  I know if Wentz & the offense want to make any noise in December/January, they will have to figure a plan to combat the better pass rushing teams, but I also find value in games where Wentz can drop back, not be in danger every time, and just get down some timing, experience, and chemistry with his skill position players.    The season is a month old and good, bad, & everything in between, I just want the offense to get on the same page.  Hopefully BRob being back also will help them establish some consistency and take some pressure off. 

I think you are getting ahead of your self here. I am not even looking or even thinking about December/January. They need to make some noise in October first. They need to get through these next 4 games first. On paper they are supposed to to win these 4 games in October and it starts with the Titans first. 

Edited by zCommander

Titans have scored 20+ points in 3 out of 4 games.  That's bad

The three teams they've scored 20+ on all have bad defenses.  That's good.

Their passing offense isn't very good.  That's good.

I've got to go with the win here:

The  team formerly known as "the team": 16

The team formerly known as "the oilers": 10

Game ball goes to Tress.

Edited by theTruthTeller
bad info