Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Game Prediction Thread - The Commanders vs. The Titans - Code Red Game!

zCommander

18 minutes ago, NoVaSkins21 said:

Yes, it's just that easy

There is a post in the QB thread and someone said fix the OL pronto. Like Ron can just snap his fingers...lol

So, I was thinking the same. Just DO IT! Seriously though, there is a chance. A very small chance, albeit. Can't get any worse. Can only go up. :)

• Like 1

Just now, zCommander said:

There is a post in the QB thread and someone said fix the OL pronto. Like Ron can just snap his fingers...lol

So, I was thinking the same. Just DO IT! Seriously though, there is a chance. A very small chance, albeit. Can't get any worse. Can only go up. :)

Yes, they only go up, but it's going to be a long and arduous climb

• Like 2

1 hour ago, zCommander said:

Rivera moves Jonathan Allen and Daron Payne to the offensive line. Carson Wentz enjoys an average of 5.8 seconds in the pocket and Antonio Gibson runs for 235 yards:

Commanders 74, Titans 3.

Edited by Dan T.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3

Defense has been underrated the last two weeks.  The only reason there was a chance at all.

But that o-line, sheeeesh.  Defenses always look better with a good offense.  I've been saying this since last season.

I think more are picking up on this now though.  Especially since the Rams/49ers game mirrors the last two Manders games.

The other guys always get a chance with the ball if we score or don't.  This is why sustaining drives is huge, it is the only way to feasibly limit those chances.

As rational as I may sound, I'm actually an idiot.  I still can't pick against my team:

Us:     W

Them: L

The players hear Ron throwing them under the bus again, not liking the "you see what we have to work with" comment.  They see Ron finding every damn excuse in the book; they see Ron taking no real, honest blame.

Hmm...both these teams are bad.  It's just going to depend on which team decides to be less bad than the other this Sunday.  Either could win.  

Hard one here...

Titans 24

Redskins 17

I actually do think this is a pretty winnable game. Titans offense is literally just Derrick Henry at this point with Treylon Burks being out and obviously they traded away AJ Brown. And our defense has been better the last couple of weeks. Ryan Tannehill might actually be the worst QB we've faced so far(yes worse than Cooper Rush). I think this could finally be the game our D forces a couple of takeaways.

Defensively they're without Harold Landry for the season so that's one stud pass rusher out of the way. But they still have Bud Dupree. And Jeffrey Simmons is like their Jonathan Allen. Obviously we gotta block those guys and that's been a struggle for us. You can move the ball on their secondary though. 

Unfortunately I have 0 faith in this offense and coaching staff right now. Thinking we lose a close low scoring game. D will bottle up Henry through 3 quarters but he'll break out in the 4th.

I'm sure this game will break some all time TV ratings for a 1pm Sunday game.  Millions upon millions will tune in to the NFL game of the year.  Commanders will continue the March to the #1 overall pick.....

Titans 19

Commanders 12

We will miss a extra point and fail at a two point conversion 

This will be the ultimate in embarrassment for Rivera & co. { especially DelTaco }.

Sometime during the 3rd qtr, Rivera throws on a wig and does his best Ethel Merman, which arouses DelTaco and causes him to go into his Ernest Borgnine routine, and the defense is told " hey i'm workin' ova heah just play soft zone". 

Tit-Ans          26

Communes   9

* Post-game interview has Snyder sitting in a chair with RR on his lap, treating him like a ventriloquist doll, but he fools no one since they all know he's a big dummy. Little one as well...

• Haha 1

No way they are winning this game. What have any of you seen to think they can beat anyone decent, if we played the Jags again today they would win, Carson went from ok something to work on, to full on dumpster fire in less than 4 games, the HC is in over his head, the OC and DC are inept, the current best player on the team is on the bench. 

Titans: 32

Douche Canoe’s:10 

27 minutes ago, Hdf561 said:

No way they are winning this game. What have any of you seen to think they can beat anyone decent, if we played the Jags again today they would win, Carson went from ok something to work on, to full on dumpster fire in less than 4 games, the HC is in over his head, the OC and DC are inept, the current best player on the team is on the bench. 

Titans: 32

Douche Canoe’s:10 

Who is the current best player on the team?

Also: Titans: 30 / Commanders: 21

Wentz goes out with an injury and Heinicke runs for his life.

For me this is make or break for Carson. Again, I would give him this game and the Bears due to the short week. Then get Howell ready for game 7. No reason not to. The team will be 1-5 and going no where. 

Having said that, if Carson and the Offense get it going, this could be the turning point. Out of the division should help. Get to 3 and 3 and you may have something. 

I never predict a score just pretty sure this goes very similar to the last few games. 

To me this is another game that ultimately comes down to the opponents pass rush vs. the Commanders O-line/QB.

The offense against Jacksonville and Detroit (2nd half of that one) was good enough to win games.  Somehow 2 weeks ago during the practice leading up the Eagles game the defense sort of remembered they can be decent.

The Eagles & Cowboys both had Front 7's that were straight up overpowering the protection constantly.  So going forward looking at the rest of the schedule, the biggest question of me is whether this O-line is so bad that those pass rushes can be schemed into being ferocious or were the last two weeks just a result of a mediocre pass blocking O-line being thrown around by two of the better pass rushing teams in the NFL?

I am going to go out on a limb and say the Titans pass rush won't be offering up anything close to what the O-line has dealt with the last two weeks and they end up looking okay this week (not good, just okay).

Commanders 28

Titans 17

• Like 1