Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Next Day Thread: Washing Dallas (Is it Draft Time Yet?)

KDawg

59 minutes ago, sebestian said:

I will say it again, you can not make a fair evaluation on Wentz playing behind this offensive line.  Im sorry, roast me all you want, but this o line play is criminal to say the least.  

On a positive note, @KDawg I really liked what I saw from Jamin today.  What did you think of his game.

They are constantly putting him in position to showcase his weaknesses. Do they even try to work the tight ends? Matsco is a good online coach but he can’t salvage this trash. 

I think we got to put Cole Turner in. Thomas and Bates aren’t doing much. There was one play Bates dived a ball that would have hit him at his belt buckle if he stayed on his feet. 

Edited by Leonard Washington
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I once had a coworker that I hated, to the extent they chewed crackers too loud.  

Thats what hating on Ron’s sideline demeanor equates too.  If he was winning, nobody would care what he looks like on the sidelines.  🤣

I bet Ron does a better impression of a light pole than your coworker 

• Haha 1

I’m not even sure which thread this should go in, but I guess it fits here.

Remember that first half against the Jags?

The offense was innovative, they were utilizing Samuel in all sorts of ways - he was electric with the ball in his hands.  Wentz was getting decent protection and getting the ball out.  Generally looked very comfortable in the offense.

I was all-in on the Turner/Wentz bandwagon.  It’s almost unbelievable, even for this team, how the wheels have just fallen entirely off so quickly.

I’d love to hear from anyone that is watching the all 22 week after week, what their thoughts are on how things have went south like they have.

Since that time, Turner has been dialing up garbage, Samuel is MIA, all that presnap theater  is gone, the offense is plodding, Trai Turner struggles to block air, and the list goes on.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

The offense was innovative, they were utilizing Samuel in all sorts of ways - he was electric with the ball in his hands.  Wentz was getting decent protection and getting the ball out.  Generally looked very comfortable in the offense.

I was all-in on the Turner/Wentz bandwagon.  It’s almost unbelievable, even for this team, how the wheels have just fallen entirely off so quickly.

I’d love to hear from anyone that is watching the all 22 week after week, what their thoughts are on how things have went south like they have.

Since that time, Turner has been dialing up garbage, Samuel is MIA, all that presnap theater  is gone, the offense is plodding, Trai Turner struggles to block air, and the list goes on.

Weird how after the 1st game a lot of us were thinking that the defense would be the one that would hold us back. Not that the D is anything to write home about but it's the O with the issues.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I just think it was a team that's not that good (us) catching a team that was slightly more inexperienced off guard.  I don't know if the Commies did anything out of the ordinary for that half, they just might have had a decent matchup.

Don't forget, we could have easily lost that game if Trevor Lawrence completed some passes.  

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

****ing unbelievable that the Giants are 3-1.

It’s not even really that crazy, the eagles loaded up and made all the right moves, Giants got an actually coach, and the cowboys were already a good team with an amazing defense.

And what did we do? Put together a garbage offensive line and plugged in a statue quarterback behind it almost guaranteeing a bad offense. We simply can’t move the ball with our line we’ve had 8 point and 10 points in 2 games in a league where everyone drops 30+ on a regular basis.

It’s maddening that we can’t use the strength of our team, the receivers, because we can’t pass block at all. and it’s seems Hopeless because these dudes on the line are not magically going to get better and Wentz isn’t going to magically become more elusive in the pocket. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Spaceman Spiff said:
12 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I just think it was a team that's not that good (us) catching a team that was slightly more inexperienced off guard.  I don't know if the Commies did anything out of the ordinary for that half, they just might have had a decent matchup.

Don't forget, we could have easily lost that game if Trevor Lawrence completed some passes.  

I realize they could have lost that game due to the Jax O leaving points on the board.  I’m specifically talking about the offense.  It ‘feels’ like we aren’t running much of any of the stuff we were running successfully.  

Since it was a Cowboys game, it was live down here in Texas. I watched the second possession I think it was when they punted way back on Commanders side of the field. Ugh.

Also, I hate those black uniforms. I don't know who they succumbed to who wanted those dang things but they're awful! They looked hot, temperature wise. Another Ugh. I'm kinda glad I'm not able to get the games on a consistent basis. If I could afford it, I'd get RedZone.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I have a feeling We're tipping pitches.    I've never seen a team that gets pressured so quickly on play action and bootleg, especially when they run the ball well.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I realize they could have lost that game due to the Jax O leaving points on the board.  I’m specifically talking about the offense.  It ‘feels’ like we aren’t running much of any of the stuff we were running successfully.  

It feels that way because we can’t run anything with the offensive line in its current state. Carson had time in the Jags game and diced them up. We have a bottom 3 line right now so nothing is going to work. They look like a JV team on offense and Carson is skiddish now because he knows he can be blown up at any moment with free rushers coming at all times.

6 minutes ago, Indi1988 said:

It feels that way because we can’t run anything with the offensive line in its current state. Carson had time in the Jags game and diced them up. We have a bottom 3 line right now so nothing is going to work. They look like a JV team on offense and Carson is skiddish now because he knows he can be blown up at any moment with free rushers coming at all times.

Right, but is Chase really that huge of a loss, that everything fell apart?  Norwell and Turner played week 1.  I don’t recall them standing out in the ways they have since then.

There was a lot of presnap movement in week 1 and I’m not seeing as much of that.  It would seem that should help the Oline to give the defense something else to think about.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Right, but is Chase really that huge of a loss, that everything fell apart?  Norwell and Turner played week 1.  I don’t recall them standing out in the ways they have since then.

There was a lot of presnap movement in week 1 and I’m not seeing as much of that.  It would seem that should help the Oline to give the defense something else to think about.

It’s the combination of missing Chase Roullier and Wes Schweitzer. They are both probably the most cerebral players on the line as they both play center. Right now we have guys that are bad physically or mentally. there was a play in the game where our center literally left a D tackle unblocked right up the middle, when do you ever see that.

1 hour ago, Leonard Washington said:

They are constantly putting him in position to showcase his weaknesses. Do they even try to work the tight ends? Matsco is a good online coach but he can’t salvage this trash. 

I think we got to put Cole Turner in. Thomas and Bates aren’t doing much. There was one play Bates dived a ball that would have hit him at his belt buckle if he stayed on his feet. 

A line coach who rarely lasted more than 2 years on a team until Rivera called him to Carolina? With a big mobile QB in Newton most any o-line coach could succeed with? An o-line coach's job is to teach the players how to work as a unit; this is not happening.

I just can't see that logic...

3 hours ago, NoVaSkins21 said:

This game and the one before it proves that the ENTIRE division improved this past offseason while this team got worse.  This team got worse at the QB position.  Wentz shows flashes, but can't make the throws he needs to make.  They are looking at a top 5 pick and may be worse than they were after 2019 which was supposed to be rock bottom. Ron and the entire Carolina staff has got to go.  Just a clown show from Snyder on down.

A top 5 pick at least gets them a QB.   But Ron will probably screw that up too.