Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Philly at Washington: From Wentz You Came

TK
Message added by TK,

1864016164_ScreenShot2022-09-25at4_15_38PM.thumb.png.be360e40b72103b519e10c87cf20ae8f.png

If our offensive line continues to give up pressure like this we have no chance... What a pathetic showing.

Two weeks in a row the offensive line has gotten completely blown back into Wentz's lap every dropback in the first half.  Gameplan needs to adjust to the fact our line can't stop anyone.

2 hours ago, TChaler70 said:

Best players arent playing or playing in the right position. Jackson should of been benched for St Juste before they were forced, slow mo Gumby should be benched for TH. I can only imagine TH with these weapons.

But, but Heinicke lost to Philly and Dallas last year. Of course no account given to Philly and Dallas being much, much better football teams than we are.

No negative vibes here.

The defense played as well as we could hope for the most part. They won't be great until we get a new coordinator AND better players.

Offensively, we relied to much on our O-line coach to fix issues, but we need a few draft picks at guard and tackle to remedy this issue.

Scott needs to have a pressure beater element in his game plan. Not just WR screens, but RB screens up the middle and hot reads that have quick hitters.

We will be better then today and probably finish with 6-8 wins this year. Ron will be back next year and so will Carson. Next year is the year we play competitive week in and week out to fight for a winning record.

I'm not mad or disappointed. When you watch the other games you see mistakes all over the field. The chiefs lost to the colts for example. 

College football is based on talent, the head coach and recruiting. NFL football is based on the Front office. We just aren't there yet. We need better talent and schemes.

Del Rio is probably past his prime and Scott is having growing pains. Our defensive line should be better and that's not Del Rios fault. Our running game should be better, B-Rob would help and better Oline play.

I don't want a new coach and regime next year. Just more talent and some tweaks to the staff. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Thumb up 1

2 minutes ago, purbeast said:

Anyone who thinks Heinecke is the answer screams they have zero football IQ.  And I'm not over here screaming I am a football guru or anything.  

Do they really think they know more than the Commanders front office, let alone, the other 31 NFL teams front office? Do you really think you know more than the other GM's of the league not knocking on our door, giving up picks, to scoop up our backup?

Like GTFO thinking he is a starter in this league.  Last year alone proved he is not.  

You all are probably the people who make up the Cult of Colt.

TH as the long term answer vs Wentz isn't even debatable....the answer is likely neither. TH as the better option right now is debatable because CW has cement in his shoes and is not an accurate passer either. TH would not have been sacked 9-10 times today because of his legs alone. Watching the other QB's in the league, Wentz is holding the ball and not making quick decisions. We need to give him time for sure but he's starting to show why two other organizations moved on from him. People can make excuses for him but what is he doing to elevate this team thus far? Teams need their QB's to be tone setters, not guys totally reliant on their offensive lines being stellar. Yes, the O-line has struggled but CW is a statue back there who's isolating on receivers and getting crushed by defenses.....he has no pocket awareness and is a sitting duck as long as he keeps holding on to the ball. His coaches need to help him out more too.

8 minutes ago, mistertim said:

The idea that we'd be better right now if TH had been QB is nonsensical. He probably wouldn't have been able to make half of the throws Wentz has. He also isn't really any more of a scrambler than Wentz is. In fact, last year the coaches got so frustrated with Heinicke not using his legs more that they publicly called him out on it.

You can throw around whatever nebulous terms you like: "gamer", "moxie", "it factor", but the fact of the matter is that Heinicke doesn't have the talent to be a starting NFL QB, and pretty much everyone knows it. Him being in there limits the play book. And Turner's game planning is already having enough problems with a QB who can stretch the field. Imagine if, on top of having a crap OL, you had to remove a bunch of plays from the plan because the QB couldn't make the throws.

I also doubt Heinicke would have been able to stay in the game today. Wentz got absolutely crushed over and over. He's a big dude so his body can probably take more of that punishment. TH probably would have been broken in half.

We would be much better off - we would have spent 30 million on position players and not a statue in the pocket . And the oline and defense would have better quality players.

the issue is that wentz is not 28 million dollars better than Taylor. 

2 hours ago, Hooper said:

He can't even throw a red flag in time.

Starting to wonder what he does do well, other than being a decent human being.

Hard to get anyone decent to coach AT THE WORST FOOTBALL EXPERIENCE IN THE ENTIRE NFL!!! There I said it.....

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, tomwvr said:

We would be much better off - we would have spent 30 million on position players and not a statue in the pocket . And the oline and defense would have better quality players.

Arguing about shuffling the chairs on the Titanic. 

We aren’t good anywhere. You pick any QB in the NFL and we would still lose games because we suck in every phase.

Please Fire Ron!

9 minutes ago, Commander Wolffe said:

No negative vibes here.

The defense played as well as we could hope for the most part. They won't be great until we get a new coordinator AND better players.

Offensively, we relied to much on our O-line coach to fix issues, but we need a few draft picks at guard and tackle to remedy this issue.

Scott needs to have a pressure beater element in his game plan. Not just WR screens, but RB screens up the middle and hot reads that have quick hitters.

We will be better then today and probably finish with 6-8 wins this year. Ron will be back next year and so will Carson. Next year is the year we play competitive week in and week out to fight for a winning record.

I'm not mad or disappointed. When you watch the other games you see mistakes all over the field. The chiefs lost to the colts for example. 

College football is based on talent, the head coach and recruiting. NFL football is based on the Front office. We just aren't there yet. We need better talent and schemes.

Del Rio is probably past his prime and Scott is having growing pains. Our defensive line should be better and that's not Del Rios fault. Our running game should be better, B-Rob would help and better Oline play.

I don't want a new coach and regime next year. Just more talent and some tweaks to the staff. 

2103909504-pessimist_1078785.jpg.b1aa4ce2c30b57331b986ebd0e09fe33.jpg

• Haha 7

4 minutes ago, tomwvr said:

Tell me which specific players we would have brought in for $28 million. That sort of money is mostly going to get you one or two decent FA signings, probably no studs. Would those two guys have been able to make up for an overall atrocious OL, or crap secondary, or crap LB corps?

Heinicke can't run the whole playbook because he doesn't have the tools to do so. It's obvious to pretty much everyone that he's not a starting caliber NFL QB. So we'd bring in a couple of extra rando FAs and then have a QB who would not only be running for his like most likely, but who also would have to have the play book pared down to fit  what he's capable of doing.

It has less to do with whether Wentz is $28 million better than Heinicke, and more to do with Wentz actually being a legit NFL starter. Heinicke isn't. He's a pure backup for spot duty in case of injury. And he's fine in that role. But nothing more than that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, mistertim said:

Tell me which specific players we would have brought in for $28 million. That sort of money is mostly going to get you one or two decent FA signings, probably no studs. Would those two guys have been able to make up for an overall atrocious OL, or crap secondary, or crap LB corps?

Heinicke can't run the whole playbook because he doesn't have the tools to do so. It's obvious to pretty much everyone that he's not a starting caliber NFL QB. So we'd bring in a couple of extra rando FAs and then have a QB who would not only be running for his like most likely, but who also would have to have the play book pared down to fit  what he's capable of doing.

It has less to do with whether Wentz is $28 million better than Heinicke, and more to do with Wentz actually being a legit NFL starter. Heinicke isn't. He's a pure backup for spot duty in case of injury. And he's fine in that role. But nothing more than that.

You can't argue logic with these people. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, skinsfan4128 said:

Um, you just regurgitated what 85.9% of this board says on a daily basis.

HTTR!

You know what this team needs? More than a new owner, or a new head coach or a different Offensive/Defensive coordinator? A new stadium. Create a buzz, get people out to the games....And if D.C won't get it for them. Then they need to move to another city.

2 minutes ago, Old Blue said:

You know what this team needs? More than a new owner, or a new head coach or a different Offensive/Defensive coordinator? A new stadium. Create a buzz, get people out to the games....And if D.C won't get it for them. Then they need to move to another city.

Nobody is giving daniel a stadium. The new place will be built next to the current dump and that's that.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

32 minutes ago, ClaytoAli said:

Sorry dude, but you need time and carbon….we seem to be low on both.

You have to make time. They could have taken the time to build the lines this year and dropped in a QB next year like I have been saying in the offseason. But why would that make any sense to the FO or the coaches. They had to have a QB to go with the new name. Hot porridge always burns the mouth. There is a reason for these wise old saying that some forget were made for this very reason. We were no where near a QB away to get into the playoffs. 

Every year there is a need to win now. The FO doesn't have the patients to wait and build correctly. 

Just now, zCommander said:

You have to make time. They could have taken the time to build the lines this year and dropped in a QB next year like I have been saying in the offseason. But why would that make any sense to the FO or the coaches. They had to have a QB to go with the new name. Hot porridge always burns the mouth. There is a reason for these wise old saying that some forget were made for this very reason. We were no where near a QB away to get into the playoffs. 

Every year there is a need to win now. The FO doesn't have the patients to wait and build correctly. 

There is 0 chance Heinicke was coming back as starter this year. I don't get why people don't accept that. It simply wasn't happening. 

• Thumb up 2

29 minutes ago, tomwvr said:

You’re correct, he’s >100 million dollars better than Heinicke, the problem is that the salary cap artificially caps QB pay across the board, high as it may already be.

12 minutes ago, Old Blue said:

…you think this team needs a new stadium more than it needs a new owner? What a ****ing joke 

Edited by Conn

I'm a fan.  I just want to be entertained.

The way Heineke plays entertains me.  He looks like he cares.

Carson looks like the opposite.  Does it matter if he's more talented if it doesn't result in victories?

If we're gonna lose either way, at least do it so I'm not falling asleep by halftime.  Your trying to get fans excited?  Play players who seem excited to be playing.  Give me ANY reason to not change the channel.

We didn't win every week last year, but there were at least exciting highlight plays I could show my friends and not feel embarrassed to be rooting for the underdog Washington Team.

This current lineup is just forced fake enthusiasm for absolutley minimal effort and excitement.  How could you realistically ask anyone to get excited for this soulless, generic marketing 101 failure?

Edited by Reaper Skins

Today was rough, but I still think the offense can be good this year. Matsko has fixed the OL issues in the past. Its gonna come down to Turner redesigning the offense some. He really effed up today thinking all these long slow developing pass plays would be effective against a dominant DL like Philly's.

1 minute ago, Reaper Skins said:

I'm a fan.  I just want to be entertained.

The way Heineke plays entertains me.  He looks like he cares.

Carson looks like the opposite.  Does it matter if he's more talented if it doesn't result in victories?

If we're gonna lose either way, at least do it so I'm not falling asleep by halftime.  Your trying to get fans excited?  Play players who seem excited to be playing.

Dude are you serious, the offense was atrocious with Heinicke last year. Absolutely nothing about it was exciting after like Week 4. 

How short people's memories are...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

23 minutes ago, mistertim said:

This makes no sense. Could have used the money to keep Collins. Used the picks you gave away to get some nice players. Picked up few good FA. Then dropped a QB next year. If Wentz gets cut after this year then that was waste of money and draft picks. I know we got Howell maybe because we had Wentz or we could have gone after him in the draft and he turns out to be stud you still win. 

I know you don't like Taylor and yes he has limitation but you have to stop this win now mentality and try to build for the future. We were no where near a QB away from being in the SB. Just tired of the FO doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Some people don't learn from their past mistakes no matter if it has been 25+ years now. Dan is an idiot.

3 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Today was rough, but I still think the offense can be good this year. Matsko has fixed the OL issues in the past. Its gonna come down to Turner redesigning the offense some. He really effed up today thinking all these long slow developing pass plays would be effective against a dominant DL like Philly's.

Dude are you serious, the offense was atrocious with Heinicke last year. Absolutely nothing about it was exciting after like Week 4. 

You also have a short memory. Did Taylor have anyone else outside of Terry? Gibson and Terry were the only one he relied on and their 1000+ yards shows that. Also the injuries and Covid. Now do you remember?

Edited by zCommander

14 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Absolutely nothing about it was exciting after like Week 4. 

https://youtu.be/Dm4HgSzG99g

So, nothing during their 4 game win streak at all?  Not an NFL season long game winning drive against the Super Bowl Champs?  Not a game winning performance against Ron's old team?  Not wins against Seattle and Vegas?

His worst games last season, with 4th string linemen, are not nearly as embarrassing as what I've seen from this offense these last 2 weeks.  Specifically because Carson is supposed to have so much more "talent" to work with.

Edited by Reaper Skins
  • Haha 1