Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Game Prediction Thread - The Commanders vs. The Eagles - A divisional battle!

zCommander

Sadly, I just do not see how they can compete.  I think Hurts has a huge game, especially with his legs.  I think the run the ball effectively all game.  Hurts will be on the bench for the 4th quarter.

Eagles 45

Commanders 17

Sam Howell gets his first NFL action in the 4th quarter.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, FootballZombie said:

This will help even out our attendance w/ the Lions after they sold out their opener.

Context is certainly different but attendance is attendance.

I just decided to go, I hope I don't regret it. 😧

55 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Going to be a long day. Jordan Davis and Fletcher Cox are going to apply easy pressure inside.

They haven't met our dynamic center Wes combo yet who will maul them both.  (Schweitzer, Martin)

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

19 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I just decided to go, I hope I don't regret it. 😧

They haven't met our dynamic center Wes combo yet who will maul them both.  (Schweitzer, Martin)

You know, people being positive (whether in jest or not) isn't supposed to make me feel worse...

But you just did. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, KDawg said:

You know, people being positive (whether in jest or not) isn't supposed to make me feel worse...

But you just did. 

Also, got to remember how well the edge rushers play contain.  Hurts will be boxed in all day long. 

Hey its not that bad, I am actually a masochist and headed to watching it live.  And, I was at the Monday Night Massaacre. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Haha 1

I said I wouldn't talk about how the media is treating us, but how is Dallas ranked ahead of us after beating one team and only scoring two touchdowns? I just don't get it. We lose to a good team and we suck, they lose and it's progress. I'm not mad... I'm not mad...

14 minutes ago, Simmsy said:

I said I wouldn't talk about how the media is treating us, but how is Dallas ranked ahead of us after beating one team and only scoring two touchdowns? I just don't get it. We lose to a good team and we suck, they lose and it's progress. I'm not mad... I'm not mad...

This team doesn’t deserve the right to complain about media disrespect and bias, when they fall flat on their face every time they have a chance to build momentum, and escape their mediocrity.  I hope people realize now why the media disrespects this team, and pays them no attention.  They’re proven right time and time again.  Winning cures all, and until they start to do that consistently, they will be an after thought nationally.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4
  • Thumb up 1

I didn't realize that Schweitzer fully practiced yesterday. That's great. Now if he can do it again today, then he's probably good to go. I really want him to replace Roullier at center. Atleast until Tyler Larson becomes available in week 5. Then may move Schweitzer back to guard. Wes is underrated. I really appreciate that dude.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, CjSuAvE22 said:

I guess davis will need to spy hurts the entire game and contain him force him to make throws 

Minnesota had a safety doing that last week #38 and Hurts still killed them but more with his arm.  Gonna be tough, division game though and these are generally closer than people think.  It's interesting on the RR interview yesterday and player interviews like Jon Allen, they act nothing like fans.  LOL  They don't seem bothered at all by what Philly has done to teams over the last couple of games rather seem all business.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Simmsy said:

They’ve played two SB contenders from 2021 and beat one (albeit that teams looks to be in steep decline in 2022). Overall of the 4 main sides of the ball of each of the two teams, their defense looks to be the best. From that I’d assume if the two teams played today they expect Dallas to win.

Edited by Havenless

11 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

We played Detroit on Sunday. Not saying they don't have some talent, but "good team" is not a description people associate with the Lions.

I think he was speaking more in general terms, only cause he said “they lose and it’s progress”. Since the cowboys won on Sunday, I can’t see how he was referring to this week. 

2 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

We need a 0 turnover game and win the turnover battle at least +2. Gotta steal possessions. And it'd be nice if we could get a decent return or two on kickoffs/punts. 

We know that at best, we are an average defense. That's a stretch but we'll go with it. However, if we focused more on attitude and ballhawk stuff, it would help immensely. Why does it seem like our players are always satisfied with making a tackle? I watch other defenses, going all out every play. Doing the lawnmower pulling move or whatever you want to call it. Where they violently rip at the ball. We friggin never do that kind of stuff. We also don't seem to get our hands up on the dline. This simple maneuver leads to tipped balls. Tipped balls lead to easy interceptions. Forcing turnovers would be huge for a defense that is otherwise underwhelming.

2 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

We need a 0 turnover game and win the turnover battle at least +2. Gotta steal possessions. And it'd be nice if we could get a decent return or two on kickoffs/punts. 

This is a mediocre approach that Washington has subscribed to for last 25 or so seasons. Wentz and crew will put up 30 or so points, need defense to make a few plays situationally to escape with a victory. 

Both defenses will struggle. 

• Like 1