Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

😀😀 Ron fired days ago. Mission Accomplished.😀😄

88Comrade2000

Honestly, what else could Ron be proud of? 

... Finding a solution at QB? 

...Building a top-tier defense? 

...Having great success in the draft or in free agent acquisition? 

... His team's win-loss record trending up after 4 years at the helm? 

...Stabilizing the offensive line into a great unit, and better than what he'd inherited? 

...Obtaining a state-of-the-art facilities for his team and big improvements to the stadium? 

...The wide acceptance and approval by the fan base, for the name change, brand change, and new uniforms? 

...The franchise's classy celebration for Sean Taylor as well as other Redskin greats? 

...Being proud of having to fire/release 4 of his coaches over the last two seasons? 

...His skillful bargaining in the trade for Carson Wentz?

Nope!  So I guess Ron can only point to being proud that his team's "culture is good" ... And to be fair, that's partly true.  After all,  Snyder sold the team.  Ron did claim to emphasize 'character' as a big factor his drafting.  And I'm certain there probably has a certain amount of team-bonding that has been fostered. 

My only question about Ron's view that the culture is good: with so many losses by the team --especially this season -- can one claim that the culture Ron has fostered is a "winning culture," or is there a danger that it devolved into a culture that has kind of gotten used to losing?

I heard parts of RR’s presser, particularly the parts being discussed here.  He’s progressively gotten worse behind the mic like every coach Dan has ever hired.

But man, he’s even got the patented mumbling, taking things off topic responses to questions like these.  Shell of his former self to say the least.  To watch his dignity and pride deteriorate to where they are today was a sad sight to behold.  

Edited by BatteredFanSyndrome
  • Sad 2

4 hours ago, Riggo#44 said:

Wait, he's proud of a culture that has players and ex-players raving about OTHER teams' cultures?

Compares to what ours was, ours get better...

It's not good enough, but you, it used to be outright disgusting and difficult to want to be associated with at times.

Now we jus suck, that is better then where we used to be when he got he culture-wise, that's true.

• Like 1

Has Jay trolled Ron with the culture comment yet?

Because honestly, he should. Jay should tweet:

I had a better winning percentage, had to deal with Dan and Bruce, and my players weren’t looking for the back door as I was being fired.  Culture this mofo.”

And this from the guy who thinks Jay is only half a step ahead of a gnat with a learning disability.  

Have at it Jay.  You have my permission. Go for it.  

• Haha 5

7 hours ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

culture is damn good t-shirt

Ron might want to ask Jon Allen about the culture lol

Bill B. to Ron and stop stealing what I said back in 2014

1520180032264?e=2147483647&v=beta&t=SYJt

Edited by zCommander
  • Haha 4

• 88Comrade2000 changed the title to 5 Days until Ron is FIRED 😀😀😀

I'm not suggesting Ron is blameless he's made his bed and now he has to lie in it but this is a prime example of why we couldn't get any coaches anybody else wanted. Every coach who's come here with a good reputation league wide has left with their reputation in tatters.

Thank God we are about to purge ourselves of all things dan snyder.

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Has Jay trolled Ron with the culture comment yet?

Because honestly, he should. Jay should tweet:

I had a better winning percentage, had to deal with Dan and Bruce, and my players weren’t looking for the back door as I was being fired.  Culture this mofo.”

And this from the guy who thinks Jay is only half a step ahead of a gnat with a learning disability.  

Have at it Jay.  You have my permission. Go for it.  

That made me snort out-loud... :rofl89:

37 minutes ago, srtman04 said:

I expect no less from Philly fans lol

The Philly fans and media are calling for his head.  As Bram says, they are the most miserable 11 win team he's ever experienced.  

They've been calling for his head for weeks.  I said there was no way he was getting fired.  We'll see what they do.  If they are a wildcard team, go down to Tampa and lose, there will be changes.  What those are, who knows.  Probably new coordinators, but Roseman probably re-loads with more help on defense. They might look for new coordinators.  Who knows.  

The question for them next year, if Kelce and Lane Johnson retire, how are they going to replace them because they are huge pieces of that offense. That tush push play won't work quite as well without Kelce...  

• Like 3

Maybe people are making noise about Sirianni because of what happened with Doug Pederson. The Eagles actually won a Super Bowl with Doug and made the playoffs the next two years (albeit with a much less gaudy record than 2017), before faltering to the 4-win 2020 season which could probably be somewhat attributed to covid messing a lot of stuff up. Point is that one would've thought that the Lombardi would've given Doug some grace after a losing season.....seems like that wasn't the case.

2 hours ago, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

Jimmy Johnson called, he'd like a word with you.

That was a special kind of stupid Jerry Jones probably very much regrets at this point.  Jerry wanted the credit.  He wanted ALL of the credit.  

I don't think Lurie or Roseman are quite that egomaniacal as peak Jerry.  

• Like 1