Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

πŸ˜€πŸ˜€ Ron fired days ago. Mission Accomplished.πŸ˜€πŸ˜„

88Comrade2000

23 minutes ago, srtman04 said:

Man the chickens have really come home to roost for Ron and everything he has "built".Β  He will never get another head coaching gig in the NFL again after this.Β  It truly sucks it had to end this way for him...I mean he's a decent human being...

justΒ not a good football mind anymore.

Not to be a dick towards him but…if we’re being honest, was he ever? He has 10 losing seasons out of 13. His 3 winning seasons were when he had a phenom QB carrying the team before his body fell apart. Before that, over a decade ago he had a run as a good defensive coordinator, in a very different time for NFL defenses.Β 
Β 

Seems to me that Rivera is a guy that a lot of people like who pretty much sucks as a HC, who was given WAY too many chances to display that suck because he’s respected and played on the β€˜85 Bears.Β 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

This feels like when the Zorn era was coming to an end. Let’s hope Josh Harris brings more value to the organization than Bruce Allen did.

Β 

I hope so too, but they didn't do themselves any favors yesterday when they put out a press release bragging about heading to a sellout at FedEx.

Β 

As a Washington Times writer put it here:

Β 

you don't brag about a sellout when said sellout was precipitated by hordes of opposing teams fans filling the stadium.Β 

Β 

That's a Dan Snyder move.

Β 

Hopefully, these are just from cronies leftover from the Snyder era that will soon be purged from the team.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Thumb up 2

6 hours ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

This feels like when the Zorn era was coming to an end. Let’s hope Josh Harris brings more value to the organization than Bruce Allen did.

While it is reminiscent of the end of the Zorn debacle, how can Harris be worse?

I think it's been said here before, but it looks to me like Ron began checking out after his cancer diagnosis. At the time, I recall him saying he wanted to do the right thing and honor his contract. Perhaps the right and honorable thing would have been to step aside, focus on healing and family, and let someone with total focus run the team.

Β 

He's pretty much been a nonentity since that first season.

Edited by profusion
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

I think Ron and the entire team has clearly checked out. But I didn't see any evidence of that post cancer treatment. As posted above he has just never been a good NFL head coach.Β Β 

I agree and believe he began checking out after the completion of the 2022 season and especially after the EB hire. I think he believed he could trust JDR and EB to do his coaching job.

7 hours ago, Conn said:

Not to be a dick towards him but…if we’re being honest, was he ever? He has 10 losing seasons out of 13. His 3 winning seasons were when he had a phenom QB carrying the team before his body fell apart. Before that, over a decade ago he had a run as a good defensive coordinator, in a very different time for NFL defenses.Β 
Β 

Seems to me that Rivera is a guy that a lot of people like who pretty much sucks as a HC, who was given WAY too many chances to display that suck because he’s respected and played on the β€˜85 Bears.Β 

It was a typical "i know his name" hire by Dan. Not to mention adding complete control over football ops and final say on roster as the "sweetener" to the deal to get him here. It's amazing how much of a clown Dan was in terms of understanding the domino effects of his buffoonish decisions.

• Like 2

Four years in and the team hasn't gotten better at all. Our best players are still guys that were here before Rivera got here(McLaurin, Payne, and Allen). Nobody has really developed(except maybe Curl, but even then he's really just a solid starter, not a game changer). We have no blue chip talent. The OL is in shambles and might be the worst this franchise has EVER had. And the QB is still a big time question mark(but will concede he has shown flashes of good play).Β 

Β 

Rivera is Zorn/Spurrier level bad, but his impact might actually be worse because he was here twice as long as those guys.

Β 

But hey, he's a "class guy." Who the eff cares.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Four years in and the team hasn't gotten better at all. Our best players are still guys that were here before Rivera got here(McLaurin, Payne, and Allen). Nobody has really developed(except maybe Curl, but even then he's really just a solid starter, not a game changer). We have no blue chip talent. The OL is in shambles and might be the worst this franchise has EVER had. And the QB is still a big time question mark(but will concede he has shown flashes of good play).Β 

Β 

Rivera is Zorn/Spurrier level bad, but his impact might actually be worse because he was here twice as long as those guys.

Β 

But hey, he's a "class guy." Who the eff cares.

RIvera sold previous ownership a rotten bill of goods and it was believed by them and us fans.Β  We just didn't know it at the time.Β  He's class at right without the CL

Just now, NoVaSkins21 said:

RIvera sold previous ownership a rotten bill of goods and it was believed by them and us fans.Β  We just didn't know it at the time.Β  He's class at right without the CL

Naw I think the ownership knew Rivera was cheeks but they took over way too late to replace him and now don't wanna fire him so as to be seen as not being impatient for the future coaches/FO that will be in charge.Β 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

3 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Naw I think the ownership knew Rivera was cheeks but they took over way too late to replace him and now don't wanna fire him so as to be seen as not being impatient for the future coaches/FO that will be in charge.Β 

By previous ownership, I meant Snyder, but I do agree that because the sale took too long, they couldn't replace Rivera and Co. before the season started.Β Β 

• Like 1

I used to think we weren’t a candidate for a total rebuild, that perhaps a new GM and full coaching overhaul would allow for a quick turnaround.

Β 

I am no longer confident in that. Β Harris’s comments about no shortcuts, the performance of the current team, and even hearing Jon Allen on the Junkies this morning - he comes off as a broken man with no tolerance for rebuilding, that wants to go to a winner. Β 
Β 

I am expecting this thing to be taken down to the studs and start over from scratch.

Β 

Β 

• Thumb up 1

42 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Shen has been doing the work he was brought into to do for Harris.Β  Seek out a new analytical GM.Β Β 

• Thumb up 1

2 hours ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

I think Ron and the entire team has clearly checked out. But I didn't see any evidence of that post cancer treatment. As posted above he has just never been a good NFL head coach.Β Β 

Β 

He seemed to bring more energy and enthusiasm before the diagnosis, at least as far as I could see. Robot Ron started to show up after that. It's entirely understandable. I'm not sure I could provide tangible evidence for that. It's also not mutually exclusive with him being a bad coach and/or getting worn out by all the Dan Dysfunction.

Β 

Either way, he'll be gone soon.

Edited by profusion

1 hour ago, Bantu said:

It was a typical "i know his name" hire by Dan. Not to mention adding complete control over football ops and final say on roster as the "sweetener" to the deal to get him here. It's amazing how much of a clown Dan was in terms of understanding the domino effects of his buffoonish decisions.

Β 

It's not amazing if you've been following this team for 20+ years. Snyder's incompetence and bullying have been well-documented. The problem is that there is a certain type of 'leader' who only canoodles with people who agree with him and tell him what he wants to hear...yes-men, in other words. People who are honest with him are quickly shut out of the boss' suite and eventually get fired or leave...in this organization there are endless examples, especially Brian La Femina.

Β 

Most of these leaders lack awareness of what they're doing but that doesn't excuse their behavior. Typically they are the type of bosses that are blindsided whenever scandals hit, because obviously no one was willing to keep them informed during the buildup of the scandal.

Β 

Snyder's own abominable history made it necessary for him to offer full control in order to get a coach...that's the only way he could do it, but it's doubtful that he understands that...or cares!

Β 

Harris seems to be the other type of leader: the one who solicits input from experts and doesn't think they know everything, and they don't demote people who tell him unpleasant news. With him in charge, things can only get better!