Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

πŸ˜€πŸ˜€ Ron fired days ago. Mission Accomplished.πŸ˜€πŸ˜„

88Comrade2000

Harris saying that Rivera is going to stay until the end of the year buying something unforeseeable is not surprising. I don't think we've seen anything from either of the coordinators to suggest that they are a good head coach for the rest of the year.

Β 

Smells like a full clean house. Front office and the entire coaching staff.

5 minutes ago, Silvernon said:

Harris saying that Rivera is going to stay until the end of the year buying something unforeseeable is not surprising. I don't think we've seen anything from either of the coordinators to suggest that they are a good head coach for the rest of the year.

Β 

Harris has said this or someone legit has posted this (i.e., Schefter etc.) about RR staying until the end of the year or just speculation?Β  Update:Β  I see an article where Rap speaks about him staying then there is the preverbal "BUT". I am not much of a I.R. fan.Β Β 

Edited by RWJ

2 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Keeping Rivera ensures a tank and good shot at top 5 pick.Β 
Β 

Harris aint no fool.

I think listening to the fans would help.Β  This team is well done to say the least.Β  Everyone knows that RR and Co. are gone and you might as well cut ties tomorrow.Β  JMO, WH.Β 

• Thumb down 1

3 minutes ago, Silvernon said:

Β 

Harris doesn’t want to come off as the bad guy here, the last thing he wants is the aroma of a Snyder like move (knee jerk) him giving RR & Co. the entire season seeing what this season has become will make him out to be the good guy, once the season is over and he clears house it will be a move that has to be made, after all his biggest excuse can be he inherited the team way to late to do anything FO or on the field, but now after this team finishes 4-13 or 5-12 and he clears house then he’ll come off as the man in charge and all moves going forward will be his… and honestly I can’t disagree with that either, what good can come out of firing RR and JDR now? (Even though I think it should happen, I can agree with it not actually happening)

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, RWJ said:

I think listening to the fans would help.Β  This team is well done to say the least.Β  Everyone knows that RR and Co. are gone and you might as well cut ties tomorrow.Β  JMO, WH.Β 

why would listening to the fans help anything right now? The fans affect nothing on or off the field in the next six weeks.Β 

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 2

Β From play calling to defense, this team is lost.

The secondary have no idea how to box a WR, safeties are taking wrong angles exposing 2/3 of the field to a WR who has 2 steps on coverage.

The defense itself isn't playing aggressive, they're playing reactionary defense, which means offenses dictate what they're gonna do and its up to the defense to adjust and try to defend it.

• Like 1

I don't see it happening, but I would love to see EB take over and they get stomped in the games against weak teams post bye week. Show me who still shines in the garbage, besides Tress Way.

Β 

Full clean-out of the staff is the acceptable outcome, so I would like to see strong individual performance among the losses.Β 

Β 

Always pumped for a top 5 pick. Hopefully they don't screw it up this time, because you should get an All-Pro with that pick(aka Bowers).Β 

Just now, Voice_of_Reason said:

Punish Ron and make him keep coaching this team he assembled.Β 

Β 

Β Rivera knows the heat is at full blast right now, but he's set and stoic. Besides, this team is not remotely sniffing the playoffs, and RR doesn't care. Howell, if he's gonna be the QB in 2024, should be benched, maybe sent to QB camp or else the line will get him hurt long term, and the frew stars on this team should take the season off because a bad injury is just around the corner.

What’s sad, is JDR defense has been dysfunctional since he got here. Β Every year we’ve been blowing coverage and offenses have been running wide open. And now the players are talking about how complex the defense is. On top of that the offensive line has been bad since RR second year and has only gotten worse. So a complicated defense players can’t figure out and an offense with no time or physicality equals a coach fired with no explanation or excuse after 4 more years. Sad!

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

My opinion but Ron and Co knew they were gone the minute Josh became owner ,they are Β fools if they didn’t. The EB hire was an β€œall in hope it works out” Β move to stave off the hatchet. All We’ll end up with after 4yrs is aΒ solid but small core of guys and some decent draft position Β and that’s about it. Ron did a lot of good things here but building a winner just wasn’t one of them.Β 

• Thumb up 1

4 minutes ago, ANONYMOUS SOURCE. said:

My opinion but Ron and Co knew they were gone the minute Josh became owner ,they are Β fools if they didn’t. The EB hire was an β€œall in hope it works out” Β move to stave off the hatchet. All We’ll end up with after 4yrs is aΒ solid but small core of guys and some decent draft position Β and that’s about it. Ron did a lot of good things here but building a winner just wasn’t one of them.Β 

I agree that the decision to move was made even before the sale was final. They were too far into the cycle to get a new coaching staff. They’ve coached like they know there’s no future.Β 

• Thumb up 1

EB sucks. I'm so tired of his shotgun plays on 3rd and 1. He can't get under center and call better plays? His dumb ass had 3rd and 1 and called two passes out of gun. I'm sorry but Ron should have yanked that play sheet from him and give it to anyone else. He is obsessed w/ his shot gun crap in short yardage. Why do so many want this guy as a head coach? He doesn't deserve it. He hasn't proven that he is capable.Β 

Β 

Ron and Jack are actually worse than EB. They are just flat out incompetent losers at their jobs.Β 

I never really understand the point of firing a coach mid season. The season is done. There isn't anything to salvage. I don't believe one iota in any nonsense about development of moral or momentum.

Β 

I'm convinced that 95% of mid season firings are cases where the best candidate is already doing the best possible job, and the team just isn't good. There's nothing gained from shaking things up.Β 

• Thumb up 1

23 minutes ago, Alexa said:

EB sucks. I'm so tired of his shotgun plays on 3rd and 1. He can't get under center and call better plays? His dumb ass had 3rd and 1 and called two passes out of gun.

EB may have out-thought himself given the lack of confidence in our line. But sometimes you gotta line up and run a man’s hat on a hat run play. Where-TF was Alex Armah?!