Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Postgame Thread - Commanders vs. Jaguars

ColonialWBSkinsFan

Dude Gibson had himself a day. Discount Deebo Samuels.. I love the way we are using him and this how I think many of us wanted to see him used.. Think of the problems he will bring to defenses if he's continually used this way.. He will open up so much for everyone else..  I didn't get to see the game but watched highlights.. Its gonna be fun watching this offense grow with Wentz.. I will say if Carson isn't getting rid of the ball in rhythm you can feel the panic in him but he had himself a good day today..

HTTR

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Playaction2Sanders said:

Dude Gibson had himself a day. Discount Deebo Samuels.. I love the way we are using him and this how I think many of us wanted to see him used.. Think of the problems he will bring to defenses if he's continually used this way.. He will open up so much for everyone else..  I didn't get to see the game but watched highlights.. Its gonna be fun watching this offense grow with Wentz.. I will say if Carson isn't getting rid of the ball in rhythm you can feel the panic in him but he had himself a good day today..

HTTR

Turns can use him this way because we now have a QB that can threaten def down the field.  Agree with you 100 %

To the board. 

What can we do with the defence. 

I know what most of us would do, but that is not going to happen.  We blitz and we never get home.  JDR, no creativity.  This might be the worst LB play and layers I have seen in quite a while.  We have potential on offence, and I believe it will only get better with time.  RR has to see that the defence is going to cost us games. @KDawg what do you think would be a good idea with the defense.  Can we make it "simple" or simplify the def scheme.  I think their is talent on that side of the ball, notwithstanding LB.  I really think we have a good opportunity to be competitive all year.  Especially Dallas being out of the running now, Giants are the Giants, Philly is a problem, however a series split with them is not unrealistic.

In order I would ; 

1 Sign Landon Collins (make up with him if you have too)

2 Simplify scheme

3 Fire Del Rio (never happen)

4 Hire Fangio yesterday

Curious to hear your insightful take as always.

HTTC

1 hour ago, sebestian said:

To the board. 

I know what most of us would do, but that is not going to happen.  We blitz and we never get home.  JDR, no creativity.  This might be the worst LB play and layers I have seen in quite a while.  We have potential on offence, and I believe it will only get better with time.  RR has to see that the defence is going to cost us games. @KDawg what do you think would be a good idea with the defense.  Can we make it "simple" or simplify the def scheme.  I think their is talent on that side of the ball, notwithstanding LB.  I really think we have a good opportunity to be competitive all year.  Especially Dallas being out of the running now, Giants are the Giants, Philly is a problem, however a series split with them is not unrealistic.

In order I would ; 

2 Simplify scheme

4 Hire Fangio yesterday

HTTC

1) Get Curl back.

2) Move Forrest to buffalo nickel

3) if that doesnt work then sign landon collins

4) follow the rest of your steps lol 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

what dude? Payne had a monster day

Hell yeah. NFC is wide open.

I was talking in regards to sweat not having a good day. Payne had a monster day though, most definitely.

22 minutes ago, Mrshadow008 said:

1) Get Curl back.

2) Move Forrest to buffalo nickel

3) if that doesnt work then sign landon collins

4) follow the rest of your steps lol 

Eh I'm not so sure on that.. St. J was playing the BN pretty well yesterday

7 minutes ago, ZarG3 said:

I was talking in regards to sweat not having a good day. Payne had a monster day though, most definitely.

Eh I'm not so sure on that.. St. J was playing the BN pretty well yesterday

Id rather have St Juste as a pure nickel corner with Forrest playing the Landon role 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sebestian said:

To the board. 

In order I would ; 

2 Simplify scheme

4 Hire Fangio yesterday

HTTC

I liked St Juste yesterday. He had some mental lapses but that will correct with reps. I think Forrest can play the hybrid role but I also think he should replace McCain as the starting FS. 

The defense needs the ends to be productive. They played meh at best. If Sweat was a 3rd round type with lower expectations his game would have been an adequate day. He didn’t play poorly. But he didn’t play like a guy who was hyping himself up to be part of the greatest sack duo of all time last year. 

Linebackers need to be more downhill vs. run… Jamin Davis can’t be matched up with Kirk. 

Corners need to wake up a touch earlier. 

Kam Curl upgrades us fairly quickly. 

We are lacking talent on the D, though. LBs are average, CBs are average, FS is below average, Slot corner is a work in progress.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I liked St Juste yesterday. He had some mental lapses but that will correct with reps. I think Forrest can play the hybrid role but I also think he should replace McCain as the starting FS. 

The defense needs the ends to be productive. They played meh at best. If Sweat was a 3rd round type with lower expectations his game would have been an adequate day. He didn’t play poorly. But he didn’t play like a guy who was hyping himself up to be part of the greatest sack duo of all time last year. 

Linebackers need to be more downhill vs. run… Jamin Davis can’t be matched up with Kirk. 

Corners need to wake up a touch earlier. 

Kam Curl upgrades us fairly quickly. 

We are lacking talent on the D, though. LBs are average, CBs are average, FS is below average, Slot corner is a work in progress.

With Kam back the backend should improve. Our outside corners though definitely need to wake up.. Fuller is a feast or famine type of guy, when he's on he's really on but when he's cold he makes bone head plays. WJ3 had a pretty decent game though I thought yesterday.

McCain needs to be replaced asap.

Having Davis cover Kirk was totally stupid and on Del Rio that was the biggest SMH moment I believe.

Edited by ZarG3

Just now, ZarG3 said:

With Kam back the backend should improve. Our outside corners though definitely need to wake up.. Fuller is a feast or famine type of guy, when he's on he's really on but when he's cold he makes bone head plays. WJ3 had a pretty decent game though I thought yesterday.

Yeah, Fuller was getting roasted.  WJ3 (absent a long bomb that Lawrence missed on) seemed fine.

54 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

No clue where the hate for McCain is coming from.

and KDawg, you probably mean Butler replacing McCain. Forrest is a pure strong, not a free. That's why he's replacing Cam. Reaves is a free as well.

Nope. I mean Forrest. These guys can move around a bit more than people think. He replaced Kam yesterday, yes.

And I haven’t liked McCain since last season back there.

1 hour ago, KDawg said:

I think this is the obvious issue as well. We don’t have enough playmakers on that side of the ball. Sometimes it doesn’t matter how you shuffle the deck if the cards are the same.

I’m looking for a defensive heavy draft/FA. I am hopeful that one of Sweat/Young stands out and that Jamin continues to develop. St. Juste and Forrest look like they belong. Just need reps.

14 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Can we merge the postgame thread with the next day thread? Its confusing having two threads that serve literally the exact same purpose.

Agreed. If others want to make the post game thread I will bow out of the NDT. 

• Sad 1