Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Postgame Thread - Commanders vs. Jaguars

ColonialWBSkinsFan

3 hours ago, FLSkinz83 said:

I'm not sure why everyone is crushing Wentz on the 2nd INT.   That was a great play by Walker.   The first INT was much worse.

I definitely agree.  I mean based on the position of Walker, Leno and Wentz, that was a perfectly normal play by the offense and he made a defensive play that anyone could theoretically make but not one anyone actually does

Edited by MrJL

3 hours ago, FLSkinz83 said:

I'm not sure why everyone is crushing Wentz on the 2nd INT.   That was a great play by Walker.   The first INT was much worse.

Because it was terrible! You have a lead you just threw a bad..bad late int the throw before. He threw back to back ints while leading while doing absolutely nothing since the second drive. Oh yea on those drives he threw well under the sticks on three 3rd downs and 10 and 17 made crazy moves to move the chains and he got a roughing the passer call. He cant run anymore and how many did he air mail to wide open WRs. The throw to win the game was more the rookie then Wentz.

Wentz was uugghh at best. I think some of you got your cherry red and white glasses on because we beat a bad team.

Edited by TChaler70
  • Haha 1
  • Thumb down 4

I love the THROW first mentality.  Logan Thomas made 3 or 4 nice plays, hats off to GIBS who had a huge reception in the first quarter as well as 4 or 5 solid rushes today.  Also Love how RR is consistently giving Wentz love and reminds him consistently how much faith we have in him and personally feels for him on a human level after what he has endured the last 4 years.

Today we saw the heart from the headcoach all the way down the line.  The cherry ontop of the cake and I told my wife this was that last play of our game winning drive that I'd rather throw for a TD and if it gets picked off I'd be ok losing that way instead of missing a 30 yd FG from Slye and losing it.  We have been gifted a gunslinger at QB who is able to rocket throws in tight pockets (as you can tell with his throws in between double teams) but great QBs have that ability.  The ones who do NOT are the teams who are near the bottom of the league in red zone TD percentage.  Any QB can make plays when the field is wide open but in the red zone when you have that 12th defender (back of endzone) they can't make those tight throws which usually leads to a FG attempt instead of 7.

• Like 7
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

There’s much to be encouraged about yet the game leaves us with trepidation. But a dub is a great start. I really think that Wentz’s second interception was not completely his fault. I really believe that was a bad play call. There were several. This just turned out to be the worst.

So here’s where I’m at. I don’t think we’re quite ready this year, but it’s a 9-10 win team that I think will be relatively fun to watch. Maybe, maybe, 11 wins if injuries don’t mount and we have a couple bounces our way. 

But I think next year if they attack the back 7 and shore up the interior line with depth, and another year for Wentz in the system will make this a 12+ win team. 

Obviously this is game one and that could be completely incorrect. But I see an offense that scored 28 and it was done with three turnovers. Not many teams score 28 with 3 turnovers. I think they are just scratching the surface and that next year is when the window could potentially open. Terry Dotson and Samuel is insanely hard to gameplan against.

49 minutes ago, CommanderCarson said:

So here’s where I’m at. I don’t think we’re quite ready this year, but it’s a 9-10 win team that I think will be relatively fun to watch. Maybe, maybe, 11 wins if injuries don’t mount and we have a couple bounces our way. 

But I think next year if they attack the back 7 and shore up the interior line with depth, and another year for Wentz in the system will make this a 12+ win team. 

Obviously this is game one and that could be completely incorrect. But I see an offense that scored 28 and it was done with three turnovers. Not many teams score 28 with 3 turnovers. I think they are just scratching the surface and that next year is when the window could potentially open. Terry Dotson and Samuel is insanely hard to gameplan against.

This I think has been the plan all along. They continue to say they want to follow the Buffalo model. well go look at Buffalo since the current regime got there. Granted wentz is not Allen. But year 1 9-7 slid into playoffs as wild card kinda similar to here. Year 2 took step back went 6-10 but stayed course into year 3. 10-6 with a playoff berth with its young core roster. Year 4 traded for diggs and signed Mario Addison and aj Klein to supplement roster and went 13-3 and have continued attacking off-seasons aggressively since 

Just now, ExoDus84 said:

Jfc. 

Did they have mugs with other states imprinted on them as well, or is this team literally that stupid? 

I don’t think it was a mistake on the teams part, but on someone in the NFL, not knowing there’s a Washington DC, along with a Washington STATE.

team then probably figured they might as well get a return on the mess up by the NFL

18 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

I don’t think it was a mistake on the teams part, but on someone in the NFL, not knowing there’s a Washington DC, along with a Washington STATE.

team then probably figured they might as well get a return on the mess up by the NFL

which if true is just evidence of a lack of awareness, if you’re the team you have to know you’re going to get crushed for any little thing if people are given the excuse. So just eat the cost and move on like it never happened. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1