Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Postgame Thread - Commanders vs. Jaguars

ColonialWBSkinsFan

5 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Daron Payne had 2 PD, 2 QB hits and a sack today as our primary rush DT. How is he not worth Allen money? Sweat did nothing today.

He had 3 QB hits and a TFL. Don’t shortchange that man! :ols:

Edited by KDawg

5 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Daron Payne had 2 PD, 2 QB hits and a sack today as our primary rush DT. How is he not worth Allen money? Sweat did nothing today.

I just mentioned in the GameDay thread, we may really need to consider signing him longterm if he continues to play at this level, especially seeing Mathis go down today. He was a monster.

Just now, KDawg said:

He had 3 QB hits and a TFL. Don’t shortchange that man! :ols:

Just going by what my drunk irrational happy and excited self remembers!

Just now, lovemaskins said:

I just mentioned in the GameDay thread, we may really need to consider signing him longterm if he continues to play at this level, especially seeing Mathis go down today. He was a monster.

I've been saying this is gonna happen

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Mostly because there's almost no way you can pay elite money to 4 defensive linemen and also pay other key guys on the team. Allen, Payne, Sweat, and Young. We're not going to be able to pay them all mega contracts; at least one guy is going to have to be a cap casualty most likely. Unfortunately, I don't think we'd be able to get much for Payne in a trade, so if we don't extend him I'm assuming he'll walk after this season and sign elsewhere.

Edited by mistertim

The defense was mostly bad, but Payne and Forest were consistently good.   Sweat was good late.  Allen was solid.

The CB's were brutal.  I thought BSJ was bad.  I don't blame him though.  He's not a slot corner.    

Jamin is not helpful overall, and it doesn't help when your JDR puts him in bad situations.

Star Lotuleilei and Chris Harris, please!    Harris is an excellent slot corner and played for JDR in Denver

Just now, mistertim said:

Mostly because there's almost no way you can pay elite money to 4 defensive linemen and also pay other key guys on the team. Allen, Payne, Sweat, and Young. We're not going to be able to pay them all mega contracts; at least one guy is going to have to be a cap casualty most likely. Unfortunately, I don't think we'd be able to get much for Payne in a trade, so if we don't extend him, I'm assuming he'll walk after this season and sign elsewhere.

I know you can't pay 4. Allen is paid. Young is a long way away and the only one coming up is Sweat.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FLSkinz83 said:

The defense was mostly bad, but Payne and Forest were consistently good.   Sweat was good late.  Allen was solid.

The CB's were brutal.  I thought BSJ was bad.  I don't blame him though.  He's not a slot corner.    

Jamin is not helpful overall, and it doesn't help when your JDR puts him in bad situations.

Star Lotuleilei and Chris Harris, please!    Harris is an excellent slot corner and played for JDR in Denver

Stop acting like Star Lot whatever is any kind of upgrade

Looked like a pretty typical Washington performance when we face a low tier team...opportunities to put our foot on the neck that we don't take, turnovers, defensive penalties on 3rd down, etc. 

Good news is that Wentz has the arm talent we need, the DL looked like it was back to its old self and our offensive weapons made it through a game without shattering into a million pieces. I can't complain too much. 

• Like 1

Now that I have had a few hours to digest the game, the big play potential for the offense is scary.  A lot of weapons.  You get the sense they have not even begun to tap into their potential yet.  

The defensive concerns remain, but they got it done in the end.  A lot of supposed Super Bowl contenders looked pedestrian today.  The season is just getting started. 

Edited by Commander PK

Rewatching some coaches film and samuel was juking the hell out of defenders left and right. Now this is what we paid for!

1 hour ago, Koolblue13 said:

I beg to differ. He was getting doubled constantly that's why too had a great day. Once chase is back and healthy it'll open him up

2 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

Every team on our schedule is beatable except the Eagles and Titans and maybe the Pack and 9ers.

The same Titans that just lost at home to the Giants. The Pack certainly don’t look unbeatable and Trey Lance don’t strike fear in anyone. 

Not saying we’re beating those teams, but they’re not unbeatable. 

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

8 minutes ago, ZarG3 said:

He was getting doubled constantly that's why too had a great day

what dude? Payne had a monster day

4 minutes ago, No Nonsense said:

The same Titans that just lost at home to the Giants. The Pack certainly don’t look unbeatable and Trey Lance don’t strike fear in anyone. 

Not saying we’re beating those teams, but they’re not unbeatable. 

Hell yeah. NFC is wide open.

Just finished watching the game. I said in another thread, this year has been rough for me personally but today was start of a new era. My day on a personal level was everything I hoped and just when I'd given up hope of commanders putting the icing on the cake... wentz throws those bombs in the 4th. Drawing the penalty to close the game was smart af. We definitely saw both Carson wentzs today but for once, it was FUN to watch Washington. Love it.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1