Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Washington vs Jacksonville

TK
Message added by TK,

923125569_ScreenShot2022-09-11at4_24_32PM.thumb.png.6b22cff457e7a198dfe87f0908b441ea.png

Just now, skinsfan93 said:

I actually like all the screen passes. It helps to get the ball into the hands of our playmakers. Wentz should have never thrown that ball but should have thrown it away. 

We see the other QBs just throw it at their feet when its blown up. Its a time tested play which has to be in every OCs playbook.

• Thumb up 1

Just now, RandyHolt said:

We see the other QBs just throw it at their feet when its blown up. Its a time tested play which has to be in every OCs playbook.

On that play there were like 8 Jags defenders near the ball. No open spots to throw the ball into the ground and it could kick back up for a pick. Plus you can’t simple ground it. 

2 minutes ago, method man said:

Forrest was in the role Curl would’ve been in

I don’t think so. Forest was playing the buffalo nickel position primarily with St Juste playing the traditional slot corner. 

4 minutes ago, skinsfan93 said:

On that play there were like 8 Jags defenders near the ball. No open spots to throw the ball into the ground and it could kick back up for a pick. Plus you can’t simple ground it. 

I don’t think so. Forest was playing the buffalo nickel position primarily with St Juste playing the traditional slot corner. 

Who was manning SS then? 

8 minutes ago, skinsfan93 said:

I agree! Having Jamin on Kirk is ridiculous. Maybe it would have been different if Curl was in the lineup. Could move McCain to a dime position. 

7 minutes ago, method man said:

I doubt it. Forrest was in the role Curl would’ve been in

They have a really good 3 or 4 WRs and the play that he torched Davis was just a great play call. It happens. Pederson is a good coach.

• Like 1

Been on Twitter all day. Now I just wanted to share some comments here. I was happy with the defense in large part today but especially in the fact that we didn't let a bunch of unknowns beat us. That's not a knock on the Jaguars, but the guys who got all their yards were their highest paid players. Even the defensive pick by the number 1 over all guy. I still have nightmares of PS TEs coming in and catching TDs against our Haslett D. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, skinsfan93 said:

I gotta watch it again, but our D today didn't look like our D last year at all. I don't think we ran much BN. It was a lot of standard nickle.

46 minutes ago, BrentMeisterGeneral said:

Jesus why can’t they just make the wins a little easier for themselves

Can’t say I’m overly impressed by what Iv seen, Jack Del Rio get your house in order ffs

Giving up 22 points when you lose the turnover ratio 3-0 (essentially) is really good. Idk the odds of winning a game like that, but I’m sure they’re extremely low.

this team showed a lot today. I believe most, including myself, weren’t expecting this good of a showing across the board.

started hot. Overcame adversity. Great 3rd down defense. Things rarely seen by this franchise.

• Like 9
  • Thumb up 1

3 minutes ago, method man said:

There were several plays where Davis was covering wide receivers

I read in our GDT a former coach said JDRs scheme is simple to exploit. Maybe its true.

Just now, Conn said:

Daniel Jones with a fumble, football season has truly begun. 

LOL not just that, a fumble that goes backwards.

• Like 1

My final thoughts:

Wentz is Wentz. You get the good with the bad. We can only hope we get more of the good with him on the field. I will give him credit that he has no memory at all. He threw an absolutely putrid INT on the screen then comes back 2 minutes later and throws a perfect dime bomb to Terry. We will be seeing this all season. Buckle up.

Forrest can straight up play. Another late round gem found apparently. 

LOVED how they used Gibson today. They tried to limit his carries. And when he did carry it he was obviously coached to hit the hole hard and see what happens. Great game from him today. 

Dotson may end up ROTY. His hands are that good. 

Seeing Samuel on the field fully healthy was nice. He is a weapon. Needs to clean up that fumble though. His fumble put the offense in a funk for about a quarter and a half.

Was very happy for Thomas today. He had a huge grab on the last drive to help win it. 

The middle of the defense is Horrible and will be all season.

Davis is a bust. I hated the pick when it happened. And I still hate it. 

Want to see what the deal is with Allens injury. Losing him would be fatal. 

Payne was phenomenal today. At times he was unstoppable. 

• Like 8
  • Thumb up 1

17 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

I gotta watch it again, but our D today didn't look like our D last year at all. I don't think we ran much BN. It was a lot of standard nickle.

You could be right. I know St Juste was playing a lot in the first half but I didn’t see him much in the 2nd. Maybe Forrest replaced him as the nickel although I did see him cover Engram on one play along with the pass defensed in the end zone. 

3 minutes ago, Wyvern said:

What's the status of Schweitzer and Mathis?  It looked like Washington was some injuries on both O-Line and D-Line.

Schweitzer didn’t go into the locker room for treatment. Apparently hamstring injury. Mathis looks like he’s lost for the season. Hyperextended knee probably ACL or PCL tear. I hope not but we may need to sign a vet. 

Oh I saw a video of Jonathan walking off the field at the end of the game by himself. If it was serious he would have been in the locker room much earlier. Hopefully he’s okay. 

Edited by skinsfan93
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, RandyHolt said:

I read in our GDT a former coach said JDRs scheme is simple to exploit. Maybe its true.

LOL not just that, a fumble that goes backwards.

It wouldn’t surprise me at all. Which DCs in the league today have been DCs as long as JDR? I can’t think of anyone. The game evolves and most coordinators evolve time after time with the game.

• Like 1